PDA

View Full Version : Captain's list of bugs

Captain
06-21-2013, 07:30 PM
This is my list of bugs that I've encountered. I will edit the top post as I encounter more. Anyone else is free to add their bugs to this list via a reply if they would like to turn this into one big bug list.

I'm playing as a human in the Alpine region.

-Sometimes I'll start hearing a metalic clicking noise for some reason and it won't stop unless I restart the game. EDIT: The metalic clicking is my peasants mining. Usually it goes away as I distance myself from the miners, but other times it will not. when this happens it doesn't even stop if I leave to the main menu, I have to restart the game.

-If I task more than 1 group of peasants to a mill, all but 1 group will randomly vanish. (I lost 2 groups 2 days ago. Still can't find them.) They don't show up under my list of peasants, but they still take up space in my population count.

-Sometimes if I task peasants to chop wood in a specific area, they will walk to the tree, then walk away and just stand in a random spot.

-Having more than 2 peasant groups at any 1 node results in serious pathing issues.

-Sometimes peasants will not want to loot dead bodies. When this happens, I have to restart to fix the issue.

-resource production in my town randomly skyrockets when I'm in the world map. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it seems strange that I suddenly went from +5 wood with around 100 to +20 wood with around 600 in a matter of minutes. This has happened several times and generally effects all my resources. Though they only go up, so you won't hear me complaining.

-Vanishing cows problem, which I mentioned in another thread:
If I set my peasants to kill a cow and harvest meat from it, then log off, then log back on, the dead cow has vanished. The peasants will still gather meat from the spot where it died, but the cow is not there.

-One of my groups of peasants randomly got stuck. 2 of them refuse to move and now whenever I tell them to move the rest will go to where I say and then immediately go back to where the 2 that wont move are. I can't make them actually do anything, and I can't get them out of my town.

-if I set my barn to raise 2 different types of livestock, only the first type will show a number beside it, though both types will get trained. i.e. if I set my barn to raise 2 cows, then 2 sheep, I'll see the "2" in the cow picture and it'll show the picture filling up as they train, but the sheep won't have any of that, though they will still end up being trained.

-Hitting "Enter" with an empty chat box sends a blank message.

-If I use WASD to move the camera, and then click on the chat while I'm doing that, the screen will continue scrolling in whatever direction I was moving until I exit the chat and hit a different directional key.

-In the world map, if 2 clouds are over the same spot, they glitch out between which one is on top and which is on the bottom.

-When giving a gift to an NPC city, leaving the diplomacy screen does not update the gold counter on my army tab. The counter doesn't update how much gold I have until I leave the city to the world map and reselect my army.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
-While not a bug, having the first dragon you meet be a green dragon on a green map can result in a lot of confusion. I've seen a lot of players in the "help" chat lost as to what to do to find the dragon.

Overall, great game, guys. I'm really enjoying it.

Barudar
06-21-2013, 07:41 PM
So far, the looting.. and the pathing.. only issues I have. But omg its so fun, lol. I love the game anyway :P

Captain
06-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Note: I'm editing the main post as I find more rather than making a new post each time.

Also, I'm an Alpine human settlement.

mackman
06-22-2013, 03:45 PM
All of this is for HUMANS.

-Looting: Already covered by Captain.

-Siege Engines don't level up? I mean, i've gotten a ton of kills with them, but they never level up. If this is intended, it definitely needs to be on listed on the unit somewhere.

-Human's houses overlap and it looks super dumb. They overlap with each other, with other buildings, and even the walls go straight through them. Instead of location being randomized in the town (as it seems to be), I think it should follow a pre-set pattern.

-Town forgets what tech I've researched (or possibly just Masonry). When I look at something that requires Masonry, it tells me I don't have it. Then, when I go to Blacksmith to confirm that I do have, it works again.

-General Pathing issues with peasants gathering resources.

-When going through the "campaign" and attacking AI strongholds, they all have trebuchets on the wall, but they never fire. That's probably because you guys forgot to give the AI strongholds stone? I mean, I love the fact they never fire, but it is kinda sad...

EDIT To add some more:

-Destroyed Walls and Gatehouses block arrows: I see huge masses of arrows stuck into thin air when my archers are trying to shoot at someone on the other side of the theoretically destroyed wall. EDIT: Also applies to Trebuchets: I'll hear that delicious swining sound, watch the flaming boulders arch up... and then explode harmlessly a hundred feat in the air.

-My archers can't stand on the improved Gatehouse. Instead, right when they're about to get on the Gatehouse, they magically teleport down to the ground. There appears to be an invisible ladder or stairway at the junction between the wall and the gatehouse.

-Walls build really "bugily." Areas where towers go just plain don't finish until the ENTIRE wall system is finished. Also, trebuchets spawn behind the towers quite often, but this is fixed with a re-log.

-Units get stuck on hillsides? Whenever I'm doing missions in the country-sdie, it seems that if units start fighting on a hill, they don't move afterwards. At all.

Addressing Captain's bug of resources skyrocketing while in the world map: I'd just assumed that all the stupid pathing issues no longer apply once you're in the world map, and that the resource rate in the world map reflects what it should be all the time. I could be wrong, though, and in any case, this will likely need to be balanced in some way.

Zvonzi
06-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Hey, guys!

DEVs really appreciate your feedback and bug reports. Most of the mentioned bugs are already being worked on, and will be fixed ASAP.

About "known bug list" - it's a nice idea, I'll take it to DEVs.

Gyumaou
06-24-2013, 05:10 PM
-Siege Engines don't level up? I mean, i've gotten a ton of kills with them, but they never level up. If this is intended, it definitely needs to be on listed on the unit somewhere.
I'm not sure where but I do recall reading ingame that siege units do not level. At the very least it's hinted at in the building upgrade description. But yeah, it might be a good idea to make this clearer -- perhaps remove the level indicator and exp "progress" from these units' info panels altogether?
-Walls build really "bugily." Areas where towers go just plain don't finish until the ENTIRE wall system is finished. Also, trebuchets spawn behind the towers quite often, but this is fixed with a re-log.

Similar issues happen with elven Bolt Throwers --- they start constructing under and in front of the Wall Salient, and teleport onto it when finished.

edit:

About "known bug list" - it's a nice idea, I'll take it to DEVs.
like this thread (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5471)? But yeah, a current and detailed list would be great to have