PDA

View Full Version : What would you look to see in the next trailer?

Konstantin Fomenko
08-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Our media team will be starting on more videos soon so we wanted to do a little poll to see what would you like to see next. Comments are also welcomed.

Generation
08-10-2009, 03:49 PM
finally i get to be the first one to post well i would like to see some of the buildings being made and how it grows into a stronghold while under construction :P

Darathor
08-10-2009, 04:32 PM
I would like to see a match between the developers or something like that, we could not only see how the game progresses,but also the pace, the economy, buildings, units, and how they work.

rolzuc
08-10-2009, 05:30 PM
i was about to write the same as Darathor but he was faster :D ,alternatively i would like to see different units battling eachother in stone-paper-scissors style. And any piece of magic u will be willing to show us will be very welcome, of course. :p

hasdrubal
08-10-2009, 06:04 PM
i would like to see more of the build system and tech tree.

Tbeaz161
08-10-2009, 06:51 PM
I'd love to see a base getin builded and just normal things happening to see how everything works and the game plays.

Aametherar
08-11-2009, 12:36 AM
I voted the first one since it'd give me some insight, but I think a developers battle would be better as stated above, plus give us quite a while of viewing pleasure, as well as possibly strategic insight. It's also easier to film and you could whip it up in a day or so :P

OrcSlayer
08-11-2009, 03:31 AM
I think a dev battle would be cool and would really show how the game is coming along and mabye the ui

MrBlack103
08-11-2009, 04:07 AM
Yes may I express my support for the dev battle notion as well. And please make it so you include as much of it in the vid as possible. I hate it when the go from gathering resources straight to the endgame.

The Huntsman
08-11-2009, 04:45 AM
Yes a developer battle would be awesome. I do like the idea of cycling through the races and explaining their unique features though, this would show the public just how vast and re-playable this game will be.

Maniac11
08-11-2009, 04:56 AM
I would like to see how you build a naval army! :] and do you buy horses or breed them?

szebus
08-11-2009, 05:48 AM
I have voted for "Gameplay video on economy, building and combat with designer voiceovers" but in the same time it would be nice to see some combination between this and the "Trailer showing MMORTS gameplay/cinematic footage".

LiTos456
08-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Hmm I voted for MMORTS... The other choices were too long and complicated to understand for my morning 10 o'clock brain.

So here comes another marvelous trailer...

Darvin
08-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I'd like to see the interface and see a lot of the features we've heard about in practice.

Konstantin Fomenko
08-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Well gameplay video and trailer are too completely different things.

So by the results so far it looks like we`ll be making a gameplay video and not a trailer - mostly with top-down view, showing interface as well. We`ll get one of the leads to describe what`s happening.

We`ll try to squeeze in as much as possible - for a quick overview of most gameplay aspects.

And I think we can expect another trailer in early fall, Danny said he waned to make one for the launch of the beta.

Aametherar
08-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Danny said he waned to make one for the lunch of the beta.

Lunch...mmmm human meat nom nom nom. Also the best gameplay is seeing a full one start to finish I think which is why so many suggested a full length dev battle.

Darathor
08-11-2009, 02:44 PM
A start to finish match would be awesome, it would show a lot of the features of the game and we would get to see the economy, base building, combat, and a lot more stuff.

LiTos456
08-11-2009, 04:46 PM
And I think we can expect another trailer in early fall, Danny said he waned to make one for the lunch of the beta.

Can I make one too? xD
To be honest Danny makes videos much like in my style, perhaps part of the cause of that was because we worked on quite a few videos together, don't know. But if I'd want to make a fan trailer it'd be almost pointless because Danny makes them in the way I see trailers and videos, so I'm really glad about that!

kyama
08-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I would really love to see actual gameplay.

Konstantin Fomenko
08-11-2009, 06:58 PM
A start to finish match would be awesome,
Something like this would work to showcase pure skirmish mode - and even in that case video would be good 20 minutes long.

I think we`ll most likely cut in and out of various stages of MMO development and battles instead. 30 seconds creating your city character, 30 seconds early gameplay and first quests, 30 seconds player vs player, 30 seconds building your city up, 1 minute on combat...Main problem - do we show this continuous build up for once race, or jump from race to race...heh.

Darathor
08-11-2009, 07:27 PM
If you have slightly more than 30 seconds for each of those then it would be feasible to have all three races in one video, though you would see less of each race whereas if you made one of each race it would take longer to make them. If you do make a video for each race though do elves first!:D

zach12wqasxz
08-11-2009, 07:32 PM
i really wanna see how there are gonna do the whole mmo stuff, along what the world map and stuff is gonna look like and how they transition between the map and battles/quests

Konstantin Fomenko
08-11-2009, 09:11 PM
If you have slightly more than 30 seconds for each of those then it would be feasible to have all three races in one video

Luckily for the game, but unluckily for our videos all of our races are really unique especially when it comes to the build up, economy or even MMORTS quest storylines. So this will be really challenging. After further discussions on our end - we might end up with three different videos - shorter but more continuous. Combining option 1 and 2 on the poll.

Tbeaz161
08-11-2009, 11:40 PM
So do you have a set time you want to use like only make the vid 3 minutes long or could it be something like 10 minutes long?

Konstantin Fomenko
08-12-2009, 07:13 AM
3 minutes is what we`ll be aiming for.

LiTos456
08-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Awesome. When do you say it'll come?

Konstantin Fomenko
08-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Haha - nice try Litos. After our fiasco with website opening delay we should gracefully refrain from giving any ETAs:)

Aametherar
08-12-2009, 10:19 AM
yeah that'd be bad, wait when was it you said beta was coming again? I forgot could you repeat it?:D

kyama
08-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Something like this would work to showcase pure skirmish mode - and even in that case video would be good 20 minutes long.

I think we`ll most likely cut in and out of various stages of MMO development and battles instead. 30 seconds creating your city character, 30 seconds early gameplay and first quests, 30 seconds player vs player, 30 seconds building your city up, 1 minute on combat...Main problem - do we show this continuous build up for once race, or jump from race to race...heh.

Just show us 1v1 match of two races. But I wouldn't want it to be scripted. I will like an actual gameplay, from beginning to end.

LiTos456
08-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Haha - nice try Litos. After our fiasco with website opening delay we should gracefully refrain from giving any ETAs:)

Haha, smart choice.
Somehow I find myself very patient about this game, unless Aametherar starts blabbering about how he can't wait to fight with the thousand of armies and stuff. I try not to think about that :P

And Aametherar, as of now the beta is supposed to start early fall...but... as Kon said, not ETAs. They wanted to start it in late spring, so they're taking it nice and slow.

Esculas the Mighty
08-13-2009, 07:48 PM
i voted for wrong one :(

+1 for designer voice over

id even enjoy a still picture and designer voice overs haha

Grizzlez
08-13-2009, 08:13 PM
I'd really like to see how the game works. All of the trailers of epic battles are enjoying but I have to be honest and say I still don't really know how the game actually works. Would be easier for people to spread the word and help answer comments from those watching the traielrs if we knew more about the structure of the game.

fyro11
08-14-2009, 08:00 AM
I voted for:

'Gameplay video on economy, building and combat with designer voiceovers'

However, one should bear in mind that the members of this forum already know of the game, and this trailer might not be as effective in reeling in the numbers as perhaps a trailer on action, combat, graphics etc.

deino
08-19-2009, 12:47 PM
I'd really like to see how the game works. All of the trailers of epic battles are enjoying but I have to be honest and say I still don't really know how the game actually works. Would be easier for people to spread the word and help answer comments from those watching the traielrs if we knew more about the structure of the game.

/signed

I read quite a few Previews on the game and everything on the official webpage but I still don't really know what I should expect (and tbh from what I've heard so far this game almost sounds too good :) )

Eviscerator
08-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Hello people(I'm new by the way^^),I would like to see the MMORTS aspect of the game or the economy.

sneaky_squirrel
08-25-2009, 04:15 PM
I preffer for it to be explained race by race ;p.

FlaschePommes
08-26-2009, 06:02 AM
I preffer for it to be explained race by race ;p.

I would like to see the game mechanics in general so I can understand the differences between the races better, that would make in my opinion more sense.
I think deino is right when he says that the most people here have only an approximate idea of the game as a whole.

LordChaoticus
08-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Gameplay video on economy, building and combat with designer voiceovers

I voted for that one.

wills370
08-26-2009, 11:15 AM
I think a race by race trailor would be good. Showing its advantages (quirks) and applying them to real time play e.g. could have the humans show of strength by showing them repell a siege attack. Or could have the orcs show of strength in melee etc.

This would answer alot of questions and give us a better look at what we can expect from both the diffrent races but also the fight and movement system. I know its alot to fit into a trailor so you could break it up into sections. ie building tralor for humans than a fighting one etc.

More trailors = happy peeps :P and people could select the most relavant one to there intrest. e.g. the builders... the attackers etc.

deathgrail
09-03-2009, 08:03 PM
I would like to see battle/seige,building,magic system, and Hero combat.

wills370
09-04-2009, 03:15 AM
I would like to see battle/seige,building,magic system, and Hero combat.

thats already in there.