PDA

View Full Version : Connection timed out

Swaza
06-19-2013, 07:24 AM
Hi,

I just purchased the game, installed and registered and all that but I cant seem to get an online game started as it keeps saying that my connection has timed out?

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

Swaza

akaruz
06-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Hi, the same problem is occurring to me. I purchased the game through steam a couple of hours ago.

The servers are down? Is there a webpage where the status of servers are displayed?

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I can login now.

Konstantin Fomenko
06-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Hey guys,

If your still having problems do the following

1) make sure you restart the computer before playing - if you haven`t this could cause that.
2) Restart your internet modem/router (turn power off, wait 10 seconds, and back on)
2) Disable Anti Virus and Firewall - and if that works set DoF.exe and or Mithrill.dll as exception

HaldirQ
06-19-2013, 11:59 AM
What fixed it for me was just restarting the game.

I had this error after completing the tutorials.

lion
06-19-2013, 02:55 PM
The same problem, I bought an electronic copy of the game through Steam, tried to play a single game, after its launch from the game throws out, my account for online game uncreated, issued when run gives the waiting time is over over

HaldirQ
06-19-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm going to ask the obvious here, since you mentioned "account uncreated":

After launching the game from Steam you did create an account to play online right? You can't login ingame with your Steam account.

lion
06-19-2013, 03:09 PM
yes, and I filled out a profile to a new account, writes the user name registered, but when you try to go online game says the connecting timeout

Zvonzi
06-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Hmm, try disabling your firewall :)

Maybe it blocks DoF connection.

lion
06-19-2013, 03:56 PM
i did it but dont help.
when running single player throws of the game with a mark errors in Dof.exe

Konstantin Fomenko
06-19-2013, 07:02 PM
The crash in singleplayer mode is another bug, if you are effected by this, you might want to stick to Online Kingdom mode - until we get around to release the next patch and fix this issue.

lion
06-20-2013, 08:44 AM
The crash in singleplayer mode is another bug, if you are effected by this, you might want to stick to Online Kingdom mode - until we get around to release the next patch and fix this issue.

I would be happy to play the game online only account as uncreated after the registration of a new Account nepuskaet the game online and writes out of time

Konstantin Fomenko
06-20-2013, 11:40 AM
We had a few reports of players getting "Connection to the City Failed" or "Connection Timed Out" errors - and as much as we hate to admit it - our server has hit a temporary limit - that we are working on increasing right now.

Meanwhile you still should be able to login - just try it a few times, and wait about 30 seconds after each try. The afternoon player rush should end in about 3 hours and you should be able to get online with no problems.

We have a fix for this ready, but unfortunately it would require us to restart the server, and we can`t really do it yet - as so many players would complain about 5 minutes downtime... We do plan to do this sometime during late night once there are less players online.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. And thanks for all the support guys! We are glad to see thousands of you enjoying the game - and I guess this is just one of these "pleasant" issues - we just never imagined so many players enjoying DoF: Kingdom Wars.

scorp2710
06-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Hello
I just installed the game and Im already unhappy as I can not play online mode. Please help.
I have the problem with log in to online mode - connection timeout
I restarted the game, PC
I turned off firewall and also turned off the antivirus still no login :(
please advise

Crunchynut
06-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Hello
I just installed the game and Im already unhappy as I can not play online mode. Please help.
I have the problem with log in to online mode - connection timeout
I restarted the game, PC
I turned off firewall and also turned off the antivirus still no login :(
please advise

If you read the post above you, you will see the server has hit it's population limit.

For now you will just need to retry every 30 seconds or so, eventually you will get in.

They have a fix in line ready to be deployed at offpeak times.

akaruz
06-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Read the previous post. Keep trying :P

If the server reach it's limits could a queue be implemented?

scorp2710
06-20-2013, 01:58 PM
thank you for your quick assistance