PDA

View Full Version : New Dawn of Fantasy website

Konstantin Fomenko
08-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Reverie World Studios would like to welcome you to our new Dawn of Fantasy website! After some delays, against all odds we were finally able to open it today.

So go ahead, explore http://dawnoffantasy.com. And please let us know what you think.

Keep in mind we`ll add second version of the trailer to the video section this weekend, right now there is only one there. Also a splash page and some new screenshots will be added with-in the two weeks.

And while you might find the features page quite dry (at least it`s up to date). During the next couple of months we will be adding a lot of content to the features sections including numerous narrated videos, screenshtos and other media and information about the game.

Konstantin Fomenko
08-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Before I forgot - I want to take a moment to thank our media team, especially Ryan Zelazny, Danny Vink and Joel Steudler for making this day happen.

Danny Vink
08-07-2009, 03:17 PM
<3 Trailer is out

All that editing made us tired

szebus
08-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Cool, cool just watching the new page :D

LiTos456
08-07-2009, 03:24 PM
My f****** god, that page is IMPRESSIVE!
The trailer is just stunning, I can say for sure I'm not making a fan trailer now because this one is WAY better than anything I could make, and it's also somewhat in my style so there's no point of making a new one, it'd be like a clone.
Time to update dofsource! This was TOTALLY worth the wait. Good job guys, this is going to really raise everybody's morale and appreciation of the game, you really succeeded here! Failure is not an option! :)

szebus
08-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Wow, wow, wow and wow again, it is so awesome that I really can not say anything, it is a must watch. :eek:

The only thing I don't like is that I really can't rip of pages from the book to take them with me for showing them to others :P.

Danny Vink
08-07-2009, 03:36 PM
If only we had rippable pages....well, there is always more updates that can add that! </sarcasm>
:)

Really though, thanks for the positive feedback everybody

szebus
08-07-2009, 03:40 PM
September 15 says... this could mean that first closed beta would start on 2nd half of September ? :rolleyes:

Oh, oh, should we register to the forum gain to secure our spot ? :p :p :p

LiTos456
08-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Szebus, go win a beta key on dofsource. xD

szebus
08-07-2009, 03:48 PM
TNX. I wait my turn even if this means last beta stages... for a second thought I might try dofsource.

BTW, in the end will Reverie use microtransaction in the game as it is mentioned on the webpage ?

Vimes
08-07-2009, 03:58 PM
nice site folks - much easier to navigate and a better working of a previous good idea.

Andy Joslin
08-07-2009, 04:03 PM
I think this is a record for Reverie World Studios, as well. We released something earlier than we said we would (we said the website would be up Saturday the 8th). This has never been seen before!

crex719
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Simply Amazing work guys, but I'm guessing that the beautiful background is no longer the cover of the game. (Or is it?)

LiTos456
08-07-2009, 04:53 PM
All screenshots are now available for download on dofsource.com for whoever needs them! :)

Kell Aset
08-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Good site, bit darker and nice background sound there too, simple and nice.

Darvin
08-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Thumbs up. Loved the trailer. Not that much info that we didn't already have, but still great.

Generation
08-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Thank You For The New Website.

rolzuc
08-08-2009, 04:54 AM
The new page looks awesome, and i really love the trailer. I thought the game would look even more awesome in movement then in the screenshots, and i was right :D .But u say the look isn't final...i wonder how u can improve the visuals that to me appear stunning as they are now :O .wowowow

szebus
08-08-2009, 05:37 AM
Have You lads noticed the 3 wizards using fire magic against those orcs ?

Darathor
08-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Awesome! Terrific! Wonderful! I loved the new trailer! The new screenshots were amazing! I loved how in the trailer, you showed the different regions on the mmorts map in the beginning.

LiTos456
08-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Have You lads noticed the 3 wizards using fire magic against those orcs ?

Yeah that was in the media update, you must have missed it.

The_Biz
08-08-2009, 12:31 PM
the trailer is very good

still an xbox version? (i hope not)

Darathor
08-08-2009, 01:35 PM
There is going to be one, I don't see why not if the pc version is a success.

Asatru
08-08-2009, 03:09 PM
awesome new website!

I love the new version of the book ( and glad to see it back :P )

-Asa

szebus
08-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah that was in the media update, you must have missed it.

I did not missed it, just wanted to say that now we can see them in motion not only in pictures. :)

MrBlack103
08-08-2009, 04:38 PM
I almost got a heart attack when I saw that trailer:eek: Well done.

Darathor
08-08-2009, 04:39 PM
With the animations they are much better looking and are a lot cooler.

OrcSlayer
08-09-2009, 03:39 AM
The trailer reminds me of lord of the rings

Danny Vink
08-09-2009, 09:09 PM
The new short trailer is online. It is a shorter version of the new long trailer we just released yesterday. Its mainly for press purposes, as well as a quicker insight into the game. It is now on the Videos page on the website

Aametherar
08-09-2009, 09:18 PM
You're quiet for a PR guy, probably off playing the game all day :O heheh.

Anyways vid's pretty nice, I hope this game has top down view, I hate when it's angled too much!

Danny Vink
08-10-2009, 04:03 AM
I'm quiet am I? No, I've just spent the last three weeks editing these trailers with Joel, so I feel a bit relieved. You'll be hearing a lot more from me though. Andy Joslin and I did an interview not too long ago for Heaven Games actually..

Aametherar
08-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Well you did a great job, the trailers are quite awesome! Perhaps in the future wel see a spoiler trailer with a bit of the storyline in it, or a backstory of the lands :O

The Witch King of Angmar
08-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Absolutely fantastic. Great job on the information as well as the screenshots. The new site should defenitely attract more people. Fantastic job!

zach12wqasxz
08-10-2009, 03:16 PM
i have to say that i was kinda thinking the whole new website wasnt gonna be really any better but i have to say that the when i saw it i was quite impressed, you guys dude a great job and i love the new videos, again you guys at reverie did an amazing job and i hope to see more amazing work in the future

LiTos456
08-10-2009, 11:15 PM
You're quiet for a PR guy, probably off playing the game all day :O heheh.

Thats just about right... Danny, ArmA 2 tomorrow? :D

Grizzlez
08-11-2009, 11:22 AM
If I were you I'd clarify that the game does not require a pay monthly fee as people interpret MMO as a regular fee.
Site itself is sweet and fits in well with the idea of the game.
I think I may have missed something, but did you guys release the Publisher's name yet?

w00tz0r0
08-11-2009, 01:24 PM
I read about Dawn of Fantasy ages ago and likes it, but those new trailers really convince me it's going to be good. :)

LiTos456
08-11-2009, 04:42 PM
If I were you I'd clarify that the game does not require a pay monthly fee as people interpret MMO as a regular fee.

I strongly agree. I saw some rude comments on gametrailers, one asking that if he has to pay monthly it's a nogo.

Konstantin Fomenko
08-11-2009, 06:16 PM
We have noticed several comments from people who were obviously familiar with DoF (our forumers?). So hey - glad we can count on you guys to spread the words of wisdom:) I don`t think as a developer we should barge in on these discussions and again and again post something like "no monthly fee". And including "No Monthly fee" in the trailer as a feature won`t look right as well...

zach12wqasxz
08-11-2009, 07:39 PM
I think this is a record for Reverie World Studios, as well. We released something earlier than we said we would (we said the website would be up Saturday the 8th). This has never been seen before!

yeah i hope the same happens for the game as well

Aametherar
08-12-2009, 02:16 AM
yeah i hope the same happens for the game as well

too late :P, but it's all good beta should be coming any day now (I'm making that up really I have no idea, but I waaant :P)

Ndition
08-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Reverie World Studios would like to welcome you to our new Dawn of Fantasy website! After some delays, against all odds we were finally able to open it today.

So go ahead, explore http://dawnoffantasy.com. And please let us know what you think.

Keep in mind we`ll add second version of the trailer to the video section this weekend, right now there is only one there. Also a splash page and some new screenshots will be added with-in the two weeks.

And while you might find the features page quite dry (at least it`s up to date). During the next couple of months we will be adding a lot of content to the features sections including numerous narrated videos, screenshtos and other media and information about the game.

I miss the old site that you had back in the days, but the new one looks great.

Puppeteer
08-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Love it, especially the logo shine/sheen at the bottom. Classy.

Kire
08-14-2009, 04:46 PM
I like it and would be nice if you add faction info and pictures also there ( for units and buildings....), soon =).

iceblast
08-15-2009, 04:56 AM
well done! looks great.

go steelers

Narestel
08-15-2009, 07:52 AM
The book effect is awesome. I wish I knew how to do it. Bravo!

Ryan Zelazny
08-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Thank you for all the wonderful comments on the new website. Unfortunately I was out of town for the last 2 weeks, so I missed the unveiling, but I'm very glad that you all like it.

In the development a few corners had to be cut to make the deadline, so in the future you will see changes happen to the website to improve upon what we already have. As changes are made I will be posting announcements to inform you all.

Again, thank you all for the great feedback. Also if you have any issues with the new website, please PM me so I may work on resolving any issues.

sneaky_squirrel
08-28-2009, 02:32 PM
There will be even more features than we have now?, nice.

What kind of new features will we be having then? :)

LiTos456
08-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Hes talking about website improvements.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-28-2009, 07:38 PM
It may also include new information and media. Maybe we may get the cool "book page flip effect" back.

sneaky_squirrel
08-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Nice, can't wait for more info on the game ;p.

LiTos456
08-29-2009, 12:01 AM
It may also include new information and media. Maybe we may get the cool "book page flip effect" back.

it is there...

The Witch King of Angmar
08-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Oh, I missed that. Hurray!

Generation
09-02-2009, 05:24 PM
too late :P, but it's all good beta should be coming any day now (I'm making that up really I have no idea, but I waaant :P)
u kno on the dawnoffantasy.com it had said that get ur spot before september 15 for beta! so just wait until then :D

raving
09-06-2009, 01:44 AM
the new website looks great. verry nicely done

DarkyOMG
09-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Good day! My name is Darky as you may see. I'm kinda confused. I was just flamin' round the interwebs and then I was like "hmm maybe there's a good MMORTS finally, let's have a look" So I got here, I'm impressed by the trailer, looks great, great Idea, I've gotta have this awesome game! Then I got to dawnoffantasy.com/ "Sign up at the forums for a spot for the closed beta"-stuff. Now I'm here and I'm thinkin' "Is my spot secured?"

SnakeMan
09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
God, this makes me so exctied.. reading, stalking, posting .. all too quickly.

LiTos456
09-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Good day! My name is Darky as you may see. I'm kinda confused. I was just flamin' round the interwebs and then I was like "hmm maybe there's a good MMORTS finally, let's have a look" So I got here, I'm impressed by the trailer, looks great, great Idea, I've gotta have this awesome game! Then I got to dawnoffantasy.com/ "Sign up at the forums for a spot for the closed beta"-stuff. Now I'm here and I'm thinkin' "Is my spot secured?"

Nope... It's very selective. You can try to win beta keys from fan site contests though, such as the one in my signature.

The Witch King of Angmar
09-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Lol, the truth hurts. :D Nice to have you with us, but if you properly want to introduce yourself, you should head over to the introductions section.

Kaznafein
09-11-2009, 12:03 PM
? sign up before September 15th to secure your spot in beta is misleading if what you say is true about it being very selective. I'm not saying it shouldnt be selective but whats on the site is a little misleading if it is selective.

LiTos456
09-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Huh? September 15th?
Thats in...4 days... interesting?

Kal Torak
09-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Huh? September 15th?
Thats in...4 days... interesting?
heheh, you just noticed that huh? But CB is a ways away, let me explain.

Greetings,

It looks like we`ll be looking to fill several intern positions soon, looking for scenario designers, and lua scripters mostly, but might be couple of art department positions as well. And before we start active search we figured we`d give our forumers the heads-up first, I know there are at least a dozen of good scn designers here!

These intern positions are part-time, work at home, no obligations kind of deal, without direct compensation, just bonus payments and profit sharing. But dedicated participants will have the opportunity to become a full scenario designer with-in a few months.

You`ll get to play the game and QA the current content prior to the start of the closed beta, while you learn the DoF editor. And after several weeks of learning DoF scripting (lua) and working on your own fan projects with the DoF editor, you`ll take part in creating Dawn of Fantasy MMORTS quests and other content.

Kaznafein
09-11-2009, 01:25 PM
that hurts :) ah well has to be done I guess

LiTos456
09-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Yeah I just read that.
Doesnt actually mean the beta will be starting soon but I believe it will be.
Yaaay.

sneaky_squirrel
09-11-2009, 02:43 PM
hen did they post that?

If I had known that I would have told them I am a scenario designer ;p.

Where exactly was this posted?

szebus
09-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Will be looking for intern scenario designers and scripters soon. (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=882)

sneaky_squirrel
09-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks, can't believe that my years wasted on making maps on AoM would pay off (That game's scenario designing got so complicated, that I'll probably be able to adapt to this one easily).

Konstantin Fomenko
09-12-2009, 11:42 AM
First stages of CB1 are not that far away - dunno a month maybe?. Remember that first two stages of CB will be offline game content only making the game stable enougth.

The full-on MMORTS stage of beta testing won`t start till approximately November though.

As for the new guys we are hiring they`ll be working on the mid and late game mmorts content (10+ hours in mmorts progression), we already have something like 45 start-up, and 9 early game quests done:)

LiTos456
09-12-2009, 08:28 PM
First stages of CB1 are not that far away - dunno a month maybe?. Remember that first two stages of CB will be offline game content only making the game stable enougth.

The full-on MMORTS stage of beta testing won`t start till approximately November though.

As for the new guys we are hiring they`ll be working on the mid and late game mmorts content (10+ hours in mmorts progression), we already have something like 45 start-up, and 9 early game quests done:)

2 years man.
2 years.
Just wait.
2. Years.
*fades away into the darkness*

Josh Warner
09-12-2009, 09:43 PM

That sounds awesome. If I don't become an intern at least the game will be available to me before my birthday in nov : p

2 years man.
2 years.
Just wait.
2. Years.
*fades away into the darkness*

A game like Darkfall I followed for over 7 years. It's name was a veritable synonym with 'vapoware' until a week AFTER people got into beta lol, I was playing the game under NDA before the die hards that when they uttered darkfall a long list of reasons it was 'exactly like mourning' were never far behind finally had their heads explode when presented with irrefutable proof. this game is progressing quite fast relatively! ;)

LiTos456
09-12-2009, 10:45 PM
What the HELL are you talking about?

Sorry for my last few posts being spam mostly by the way. Just happens to be all of them are interestingly appropriate for a sarcastic or a non-sarcastic joke. Don't worry, I still have the ability to post constructive posts. After all, I am Litos, the almighty user of this forum!

Josh Warner
09-13-2009, 01:42 AM
What the HELL are you talking about?

Sorry for my last few posts being spam mostly by the way. Just happens to be all of them are interestingly appropriate for a sarcastic or a non-sarcastic joke. Don't worry, I still have the ability to post constructive posts. After all, I am Litos, the almighty user of this forum!

It's hard to respond to you when I have no idea what the hell you're talking about :p I'm just guessing you were talking about how long it's taking to release/get into beta. And if you were, that game was several times worse lol.

LiTos456
09-13-2009, 09:14 AM
It's hard to respond to you when I have no idea what the hell you're talking about :p I'm just guessing you were talking about how long it's taking to release/get into beta. And if you were, that game was several times worse lol.

No I'm talking about how long until I work at Reverie lol.

Well at least I hope I will. I should have enough skills by then to offer something of value.

Josh Warner
09-13-2009, 01:11 PM
No I'm talking about how long until I work at Reverie lol.

Well at least I hope I will. I should have enough skills by then to offer something of value.

Well, good luck with that, two years is an awfully long time. It's an interesting notion, where will this game be in two years. I suspect it will either become a cult favorite or huge success, probably not sc2 or anything, but still, not seeing a middleground for something with a lot of new ideas, or maybe not so much new ideas as a combination of old ideas and a few newer ones that has never been fully realized.

sneaky_squirrel
09-13-2009, 01:19 PM
I am sure this will be a big sucess, a MMORTS fantasy with no subcription fee isn't something you see everyday ;p.

Josh Warner
09-13-2009, 01:28 PM
I am sure this will be a big sucess, a MMORTS fantasy with no subcription fee isn't something you see everyday ;p.

I wouldn't be spending all my time studying lua and ignoring my gf to try and get an internship if I didn't think this game was going somewhere ;) I just see those as the two distinct possibilities, this game is in a unique situation. Most games -are- by definition going to be run of the mill average.

JDmino
09-19-2009, 08:09 PM

The only problem is, not many people actually know about it. But I agree, this is going to be a big success. No-subscription ftw.

Espadachim
09-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Well, this website has more than 1k of registered users. I know that at least they must know. :p

LiTos456
09-24-2009, 01:45 PM
The only problem is, not many people actually know about it. But I agree, this is going to be a big success. No-subscription ftw.

Devs keep saying about how crazy itll be when the publisher announces them.
I believe that's true, since whoever the publisher is they must be well known for Reverie to make such predictions.

Josh Warner
11-06-2009, 01:30 AM
was a bot, try not to copy the links of the advertisers. Remember, only moderators/devs can have links in their sigs, so the guys with

________
links here

Are pretty much all bots.

LiTos456
11-06-2009, 01:25 PM
yes I know I reported him. I wrote the post as a joke :p

Josh Warner
11-06-2009, 04:52 PM
yes I know I reported him. I wrote the post as a joke :p

:p fair enough, just don't quote the links lol.

Noxeros
11-08-2009, 03:45 AM
I would like more information on the different races, there was some before you changed the website but not now. :(