PDA

View Full Version : Media Request

Aametherar
07-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Just an if you have time or feel up to it kinda request. As DOF gets closer and closer to CB, i'm curious to see an update on the Sea aspect of DOF and any details on how that will play out or be setup. Last we saw it was in quite early stages. Now i'm sure it's no Navyfield but it'd be awesome to have some details on how that's going to work and whatnot in the next media update. Anyways all media and updates of any kind are always appreciated, thanks!

-Aam~

LiTos456
07-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah, A is right... Just please don't tell me you cut it!

Andy Joslin
07-23-2009, 06:09 AM
It is still unfinished..We would have to set aside at least a week to get it fleshed out well.

Yeah, A is right... Just please don't tell me you cut
it!
It isn't officially cut at the moment, just 'hopefully later!'.

Darathor
07-23-2009, 08:21 AM
I hope it makes the cut. It would really add to the the mmorts gameplay especially, sending fleets to kill your enemies across the sea is cool. But if sea warfare is open, wouldn't there be the equivalent of pirates? People would just get a navy and load up ships and set sail, burning and pillaging everywhere they land.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-23-2009, 11:54 AM
That's my plan. I'd love to have an island stronghold only accessible by ship.

Darathor
07-23-2009, 12:17 PM
That would be hard to assault.:)
But the idea of pirates is neat. They could either be the mercenaries of the sea, or privateers, or could just find a settlement to burn and pillage. Could be cool.

Kire
07-25-2009, 10:44 AM
I would be the most fearsome pirate of seven seas! rawrrr!
Indeed that pirate idea is good, to annoy ppl with hit and run tactic like vikings did =). Damn, i like when ppl get angry on me ingame =P.

Darathor
07-25-2009, 11:54 AM
I know, it's fun that they get so angry over a game. I sunk their battleship so they punch me in the face.:)

Feweh
07-28-2009, 06:27 PM
mhm, i agree i cant wait :)

Joseph Visscher
07-28-2009, 11:09 PM
I foresee an expansion pack with full navy and new upgraded water physics and graphics. The current game navy will just be too out of place and not all regions have access to water. A new expansion with a new water based world map of the rest of Mythador? Perhaps Dof2 with a real world map from one side to the other?
Regardless, I am not the primary individual to make the decision if Naval will make the cut for Dawn of Fantasy; but you know my opinion is that we polish the rest of Dawn Of Fantasy’s great features and gameplay, get the game out and polished so we can earn the funds we need to start on expansions and new titles to finish the ‘Wishlist’, more delays will not help anything...

LiTos456
07-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah, sounds like Navy won't make it.
It's alright, we'll play the game as much as you need us to to make expansions or a sequel. :)

Konstantin Fomenko
07-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah, sounds like Navy won't make it.

Right now the ultimate decisions is left up to the publisher.
But if we are looking at the worst case scenario - naval combat will be added shortly after the game is released. Although naval combat will be limited to MMORTS and singleplayer skirmish modes.

So for now, it`s too early to worry.

MrBlack103
07-29-2009, 04:20 PM
What? no naval combat in campaign mode? I find that very hard to believe.

As for multiplayer skirmish mode, ME WANTS NAVAL COMBAT! I wanna have EPIC ship-to-ship battles on a DAILY basis. Oh well, life ain't perfect I suppose...

Neotyguy40
07-29-2009, 09:07 PM
So I have a question about naval combat... How would it work? Do you set up a port of something? Sorry about being a bit off-topic though...

Darathor
07-30-2009, 10:57 AM
If you want all that naval combat then start near an ocean in mmorts mode and become a seafaring nation.
But yes, I don't quite get how naval combat will work, would be nice to have it explained in the update(or see how it works).

szebus
07-30-2009, 11:05 AM
If you want all that naval combat then start near an ocean in mmorts mode and become a seafaring nation...

How can someone choose its starting position?
Can you imagine that hundreds of people would start near the ocean and only a few in the middle only because of this option (ships).

Darathor
07-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Some people don't want to have sea battles very often or at all and you can choose the region you start in and not all regions are next to water. That's what I meant.

Jean=A=Luc
07-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Right now the ultimate decisions is left up to the publisher.
But if we are looking at the worst case scenario - naval combat will be added shortly after the game is released. Although naval combat will be limited to MMORTS and singleplayer skirmish modes.

So for now, it`s too early to worry.

You sunk my battleship! :eek:

:p

Aametherar
07-30-2009, 08:08 PM

Id laugh my *** off if it was played out as a battleship clone :D They should release something like that originally anyways on april fools just to screw with everyone lmao! It'd probably be quite simple to program.

nickson104
07-31-2009, 05:07 AM

B2? :) Muhahahaha Thou shalt not sink my frigate!! :p

OrcSlayer
08-01-2009, 02:48 AM
You don't necciarly need to be at the coast you could build Norse style flatish hull to go up rivers