PDA

View Full Version : "Do not ask an eldar a questiom"

SPARROW94
07-13-2009, 03:13 PM
..."for he will give you three answers all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Well i gather then every one in this Forums have a game that actually IS there game. (I.e a game in which they feel good playing and know there good at it, regardless of the game genre). You know a game you can beat more then once and say you don't get bored of it, and you know the shortcuts, tricks, and tips.

Well mine is undoubtedly Mass Effect, I love this game! My imagination burst into a meal storm of intense pleasurable imaginings. Like the way space travel is put implemented and the planets (Oh how i loved the planets, Especially Ilhos) And there was was a back story, history & events that you can pull yourself together and say "Wow i wish i was there", I'm pretty sure we normal every day humans say that to when we learn or hear about some thing, like the battle of marathon or World war 2. Never the less Mass effect was well put off in my opinion. Like no over powered race or society (i.e jedi, sith, necrons, ect) to blight the game play, (save the reapers). And man do i ever anticipate Mass Effect 2.

Now that i am done with my phase, go on share :)

LiTos456
07-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Well... probably Assassin's Creed. That's actually my favorite game, although it surely isn't the best the sequel looks very promising. Actually, of all time, PoP Warrior Within is my favorite game, but out of modern games it'd be AC. This is the only game that I've beated more than one time, and I don't usually do that.

Aametherar
07-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Betrayal at Krondor.

Kire
07-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Age of empires 2 with expansion =P. I would say tho World of warcraft but i just quit because i am bored to death and have no time cuz of studying =P. Well i played also Warhammer online and liked it very much but dont have time atm to play it, so age of empires is atm the one and only that kind =).

Aothane
07-16-2009, 12:11 AM
DoW II, with the current beta patch. I enjoy the game but -as with almost everyone else- find the current Eldar balance issues essentially game-destroying. This in turn is exacerbated by the 80%+ Space Marine players encountered in ranked games.

my consolation is that whilst the Space Marine players are only learning to point and click, and then retreat when they just might have to engage in a reciprocated damage scenario, my Eldar army is learning in the most adverse conditions.

by extension I feel sympathy for the legitimate Space Marine army players who are not leaping to the easy army of the month. They will also have to face those dedicated Eldar players who endured the challenges of this current balance patch, resulting in much more elaborate army design and application with the micromanagement skills required to attempt even battles.

I would like to find a good rpg, but my standards are high and finnicky and these are perhaps the most elusive of quality games to come by.

szebus
07-16-2009, 01:50 AM
Men of War (www.menofwargame.com)

zach12wqasxz
07-16-2009, 01:25 PM
i would have to say that one of my favorite games of all time is probably champions of norrath(for the ps2) but my more currently up to date game would be.............nothing.. i just simply cannot find a game that i enjoy and can play often and not get bored, i am starting to even doubt my interest in video games anymore. but i do find dawn of fantasy quite interesting and very close (at least the closest i have seen) at being my dream game so i hope reverie can create a great game that can bring back some of my interest in video games.

Aothane
07-24-2009, 03:27 AM
I played Champions of Norrath, fun game. Although I really like the hack n slash genre as a whole, especially with rpg elements (attribute advancement, skill progression etc) in a fantasy setting.

one problem I find is that not all hack n slash games have that 'feel' to them, the original Diablo gave a sensation of one's sword strikes meeting the enemy, whether composed of flesh, steel, stone or otherwise. Diablo II although a more fluid and evolved game did not posses that feel.

also, hack and slash games are starting to lag behind the times, the original mechanics are no longer sufficient. Hack n slash need improved combat mechanics, not on par with fighting games but at least a more involved system then holding down the attack button and scrolling over the next encounter.

Zach I would suggest looking into Dark Messiah: Might & Magic, which is a game that was too resource demanding for its time but is now much more accessible to average computers. The single play is fun but the real interest is the multiplayer. With five classes (Warrior, Assassin, Archer, Mage and Priestess) and multiple skills to advance the multiplaer skirmishes are often a lot of fun. The one major downside is that the game has a limited if constant playerbase, at least one or two servers will always have 12+ (up to 30) in-game, and a lack of support has left the overall state of balance leaving much desired. However the latter issues only manifest when a magic class gains enough levels to make full use of far overpowered point-click abilities.

Tbeaz161
08-08-2009, 02:54 AM
Fable 2 The universe always draws me in with the fairytale look. I love the alignments aswell it seems to be pretty much mandatory for alot of RPGs to have some moral system nowadays but still think its nice. Theres somethin about the game i love that i cant quite place aswell i can play it over doing pretty much the same things and still not get bored. I'm Also proud to say i have every acievement, isnt that fanboyish? :p

OrcSlayer
08-08-2009, 04:26 AM
Id have to agree with sparrow about mass effect great game

Ndition
08-12-2009, 06:11 AM
Men of War (www.menofwargame.com)

Now, that's an awesome strategy game, but the voice act in the singleplayer isn't good at all.

szebus
08-12-2009, 06:19 AM
The game is excellent, the only problem it has, as you sad it, lame voice acting and poor cinematics. ;)

wills370
08-28-2009, 04:29 PM
true. Always think its a shame when they put so much hard work into the whole project but not into the real selling points that stay in peoples mind. Take the cinematics for devil may cry 4= amazing, voice amazing..

actual game play not so good.

But everyone still thinks its amazing lol