View Full Version : Still Mostly unplayable.
04-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Im still having issues with not being able to leave View on world map. Can't quest. Heros dont keep skillpoints ive spent must do it in every new area which is getting very annoying. Pvp is hit and miss.
Tried downloading client from website but main client always installs with corrupt files. Mini client wont take my steam cd key.
I love the game, but im getting very frustrated. When i get home from 12 hours of work everyday want to relax and nerd out a bit i want to play a game not constantly be fixing it.
04-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Finally got the main client installer to work after 2 days of trying it nut now the game crashes before it even opens,
04-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Getting stuck leaving View/Siege, skills resetting and hit or miss pvp suggest you've most likely been having connection issues.
I see from your posts in previous threads that you've tried various fixes before, but just want to confirm you've tried the following:
- restart router
- restart computer (or do ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew)
- add dof.exe as exception to antivirus (or turn of antivirus to test)
- add dof.exe as exception to firewall (or turn of firewall to test)
There are some solutions for crashing in this post (http://steamcommunity.com/app/227180/discussions/1/828935361064641181/) and for your particular crash issue, try this solution:
Game Crashes on Startup on First Run
If you are getting a crash the first time you are starting DoF, please follow these steps
1) make sure you restart the computer before playing - if you haven't this could cause that.
2) Disable Anti Virus and Firewall - and if that works set DoF.exe and/or Mithrill.dll as exception
3) Try installing C runtime libraries. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
4) Try getting the latest .Net Framework For Desktop - http://www.microsoft.com/net/download
5) Uninstall the game (on Steam delete local files), and re-download
6) Set Administrative Permissions
-Go to your install directory ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of Fantasy
-Alter the properties of Dof.exe
-Compatibility Tab Check "Run this program as an administrator" and also check compatibility mode for "Windows 7"
-If you get Microsoft Visual c++ error box, do not close it - just play and ignore the error
04-27-2013, 01:41 PM
i am getting sync errors 100% when i want to pvp, i did not have a single pvp match since i made a new city, while a roommate has no problems whatsoever
vBulletin® v3.6.4, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.