PDA

View Full Version : Can't pvp or quest.

knukeh
04-24-2013, 11:51 AM
When i enter a quest i loose connection half way through quest but i can continue to play however when i go back to world map it gets stuck on loading screen.

When i try and pvp now(used to work)either i loose connection, time out, get stuck on loading screen, load just fine but then return to world map with no fight or payouts on either side, or when battle starts screen is black but hud is visible.

Havent been able to find a fight that works all day. Was able to complete 1 quest then it started to not work again.

Also hero units skill points are reset every time he enters a new area. Other elites and units are fine just main hero.

When game dc's or crashs i am unable to use my internet browser and am booted from mumble/ts3 and everything else using the internet. Takes about 1-2 minutes then everything works again until next game crash/timeout

Konstantin Fomenko
04-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Hello,

Sorry to hear about the trouble - looks like the issue might actually be with ISP/Firewall/Your Network. Here`s some ideas

-Lets start by disabling your firewall, and anti-virus, as this might effect the performance.
-Restart your computer, AND restart your internet modem/router (power off, and on)
-Also can you check your internet connection speed - using Speed Test (google it)
-Are you downloading anything or watching youtube e.t.c while playing DoF?
-Have you tried running DoF without mumble/ts3, or any other programs that might use internet?
-Maybe you are on a shared wifi - and somebody else is downloading something?

knukeh
04-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Did all of the above and still no improvement. Still same problems.

Laradon
04-24-2013, 05:39 PM
If i get problems like that i always delete User/Yourname/Appdata/Local/Dof/Interfacedata and Local_saved_data as a first step, think i read that somewhere in the forum

knukeh
04-24-2013, 07:10 PM
ive done that to.

Laradon
04-24-2013, 07:43 PM
If youre using steam, try to deactivate the overlay and or install the normal game client. I stopped using steam and it helped alot I think.

knukeh
04-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Ill give it a try.