PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live

nickson104
07-11-2009, 06:13 AM
Well guys I would like to know who has Live and what you are like on it :) :p

I found this earlier and found it rather funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8wcTHIk9Tc

I must admit that I am not the best at any game, not at all, But I am good enough to get by and come at least in the top half of the scoreboards... I must also admit that I hate seeing/hearing kids in games (especially 18 rated games) It just annoys me that you cant get away from them... Also add the fact that most of them think their awesome when they really arent, then whine about it... :p

On another note... Do YOU think Microsoft should follow through the idea they drew up not too long ago, of dropping subscription for Live, in an attempt to not allow PS3 to be better in that area

Aametherar
07-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Same story on PC fps's really. I'm the tactician/no talker. People don't listen anyways so I rarely see a point in trying :P

zach12wqasxz
07-11-2009, 04:04 PM
im one of those players that find a hideing spot and snipe unsuspecting players, and i usually do fairly well in matches, but i never talk to people because my headset got stolen(along with my wireless controller and GTA4) and because i hate it when people brag and brag and brag so i just dont talk to them. and i think they should make xbox live free as well but if they do they would probably raise the prices on downloadable content to make up for it

nickson104
07-11-2009, 05:11 PM
and i think they should make xbox live free as well but if they do they would probably raise the prices on downloadable content to make up for it

Wouldnt bother me... I dont ever download... its too expensive as it is...

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 05:43 AM
Been on xbox live since 2006, and loving it

Puppeteer
07-12-2009, 05:58 AM
Wish they'd cut down the price for Guitar Hero songs a wee bit. But I don't play online, I only have silver membership. The only game I have (I have 5 games) that would play online is GoW2, and I don't think it's that good that I'd want to play it online.

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 06:00 AM
Halo3, LoTR BFME2, CoD4, Halo Wars, mass effect, Oblivion, supreme commander ! <3

nickson104
07-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Wish they'd cut down the price for Guitar Hero songs a wee bit. But I don't play online, I only have silver membership. The only game I have (I have 5 games) that would play online is GoW2, and I don't think it's that good that I'd want to play it online.

Me too! I am craving the Rise Against Track Pack!!!! :o :/

And as for GOW2... I thought about it but saw other games which appealled more to me...

My Games List:
Halo3
CoD:WaW
C&C:RA3
Halo Wars
Lost Odyssey
Left 4 Dead
Assassins Creed
Guitar Hero:World Tour
Civilisation Revolution
Soul Calibur 4
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Fable 2
GTA4
Medal of Honour:Airborne

And I am willing to play any of them at any time with anyone :) so just message me if you are up for a game :)
Gamertag: WelshAbyss

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Me too! I am craving the Rise Against Track Pack!!!! :o :/

And as for GOW2... I thought about it but saw other games which appealled more to me...

My Games List:
Halo3
CoD:WaW
C&C:RA3
Halo Wars
Lost Odyssey
Left 4 Dead
Assassins Creed
Guitar Hero:World Tour
Civilisation Revolution
Soul Calibur 4
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Fable 2
GTA4
Medal of Honour:Airborne

And I am willing to play any of them at any time with anyone :) so just message me if you are up for a game :)
Gamertag: WelshAbyss

You have a 48 hour trail key for me?

Puppeteer
07-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Yay, I have Guitar Hero: World Tour and Fable 2. Apart from Oblivion and Gears of War 2, I also have Fallout 3.

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Yargh due to my agressive nature i demand a 48 hour trail D:< ! i want to play some cod4 :'(

zach12wqasxz
07-12-2009, 01:49 PM
fallout 3 is a sweet game, i played that game for like 20 hours straight when it first came out

TearsGypsy
04-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Yay, I have Guitar Hero: World Tour and Fable 2. Apart from Oblivion and Gears of War 2, I also have Fallout 3.

I have a long list of games to play, but Fallout 3 (plus all the add-ons) is my overall favorite game. We play Rock Band/Guitar Heroes when we gather in the same room.
I'm onto Bioshock 2 right now and I'm liking it.

I love fps, but I live up to my name as a target mostly. ;)

Puppeteer
04-18-2010, 03:10 PM
I hadn't played my Xbox since August - no kidding. Only recently, with my sister returning from university and wanting respite from A level revision I've started playing Guitar Hero again.

nickson104
04-19-2010, 03:33 PM
I hadn't played my Xbox since August - no kidding. Only recently, with my sister returning from university and wanting respite from A level revision I've started playing Guitar Hero again.

Good choice for a return :) Its a casual game that is really fun and requires little concentration :) unless of course you are trying to complete some of the harder songs on expert :D

kateros
06-08-2010, 07:26 PM
I never really understood why consoles, has so much downloadable content i myself have a PS3, but i mainly use my PC.
when you buy a game you expect to get a finished game, but you get something that looks like it has been rushed out into the stores, that makes me fell alittle betrayed, but the worst part is the prices, i don't live in USA but here PS3 games and Xbox games are very expensive about 1/5 more expensive.
and then they add more content that you should pay for.
would't it be wiser just to sell the game cheaper and then let the people deside what they want?
on the other side they make good money this way so why would they bother change it.

Henry Martin
06-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Ask the publishers about this. The publisher set a date when the game is suppose to be finished. Most games are not finished and are rushed at a curtain part in the development. Developers are not going to catch all the bugs. Eventually you have to make a tough decision to release the game in 'as is' or delay and potentionaly lose millions or not ship the game at all.

Why put all your ideas into one game? Why not save some for 'number 2' or expansions/DLC? DLC/Expansions are suppose to lenghten the games time, but a lot of companies abuse this by giving bulls#$t products. Those companies know they have a cult following them so they'll make money.

What millions of gamers don't realize is theres a lot more going on behind the scenes then they think. Any thing can happen which slows the dev process down or stops the game from ever seeing the light of day.

nickson104
06-09-2010, 08:42 AM
would't it be wiser just to sell the game cheaper and then let the people deside what they want?

From a buyers point of view, yes. From a publishers point of view, no.

They sell at such high prices for many reasons;
They must cover their costs
They want to make a profit
The customer is WILLING to pay that much and so they are able to price it at that level (if we boycotted games that price we would see a fall in price, but also a fall in the industry, no-one wants to be in an industry where theres no money to be made)
And they also price similar to competitors as that way they bonus from not being more expensive than competitors but they arent low quality/cheapy productions either (Look at Sold-Out's reputation, they sell old/budget games at a cheap price, but they are pretty much the laughing stock of the industry for that)

And that is just on a business side, nevermind the production side. There can be many issues in production and testing that can be very costly. What you must realise is that out of many games on the market, there are a great deal more that would have been on the market if they hadnt encountered difficulties...

Henry Martin
06-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Yes, their are hundreds of games that never make it past concept, hundreds more never make it past preproduction or even the pitch/presentation or the product.

I forgot to mention that I read an article that mention a few developers wanted to put some of their DLC out for free, but the console they where puting on required that they have to at least sell it at there minimal price. The devs then mentioned that, but the consoles company said they never told the devs to make the customer pay anything.

Console companies like Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have there own requirements in order for Devs to put their product on theirs systems. They may require that dev to use a curtain product that cost more money and will drive up cost.

nickson104 makes good points too.

nickson104
06-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Yes, their are hundreds of games that never make it past concept, hundreds more never make it past preproduction or even the pitch/presentation or the product.

I forgot to mention that I read an article that mention a few developers wanted to put some of their DLC out for free, but the console they where puting on required that they have to at least sell it at there minimal price. The devs then mentioned that, but the consoles company said they never told the devs to make the customer pay anything.

Console companies like Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have there own requirements in order for Devs to put their product on theirs systems. They may require that dev to use a curtain product that cost more money and will drive up cost.

nickson104 makes good points too.

Thank you :) And I forgot about that, I read that too but totally forgot about it...

Henry Martin
06-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Thank you :) And I forgot about that, I read that too but totally forgot about it...

Yeah it was Epic that was trying to release some map packs for Gears of War (as well as other companies that weren't mention), but Microsoft told them that they have to charge for the DLC. In the interview Microsoft said they were lying, but the other companies said that Microsoft was the one lying.

I tried to find the article, but this was awhile ago. I post it if I find it.

kateros
06-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah it was Epic that was trying to release some map packs for Gears of War (as well as other companies that weren't mention), but Microsoft told them that they have to charge for the DLC. In the interview Microsoft said they were lying, but the other companies said that Microsoft was the one lying.

I tried to find the article, but this was awhile ago. I post it if I find it.

Damn it sounds like we are being screwed:eek:, well there isnít much we can do about it. I just hope for the Xbox gamers out there that they would rather make a big expansion pack, then make a lot of small ones:rolleyes:. Yes I know it is the exact the opposite of what I said before but I feel a lot better buying a big upgrade rather then a lot of small ones. It could also bring down the cost in total;).

Gruber12
07-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Iam the guy running around getting the helicopter in under a min in cod4 :D who then gets accused of cheating :eek:

nickson104
07-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Iam the guy running around getting the helicopter in under a min in cod4 :D who then gets accused of cheating :eek:

And me the same on cod6 :p lol :p Im an up/down player, I either play amazingly or terribly, rarely inbetween :p

Gruber12
07-22-2010, 08:21 AM
when I beat the trash talkers i either get accussed of cheating or having no life but ill be dammed if i let those sore losers win

m3andak
08-10-2010, 01:48 PM
when I beat the trash talkers i either get accussed of cheating or having no life but ill be dammed if i let those sore losers win

lol same /10 char

SoCalDistortion
08-24-2010, 08:50 PM
SoCalDistortion

Playing Halo Wars, Red Dead Revolver and sometimes Halo 3. I have tons of games but really am excited to see a MMORTS hit Live

Gruber12
08-25-2010, 05:39 AM
I mostly play cod4, halo3 multiplayer, L4D and red dead redemption :D

theangel04
12-04-2010, 11:01 PM
I would have a question if anyone would know....will there be a subscription model for the xbox live version or will you be able to play online just by purchasing the game?

Bourne
12-05-2010, 01:38 AM
I would assume that there won't be a subscription. Alot of games are going non-sub now, it's proven to boost revenue.

Fruziek
12-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Donlt like to talk on Xbox live.