PDA

View Full Version : kingdom under fire 2

zach12wqasxz
07-08-2009, 11:23 PM
i was just surfing the web the other day and i came across this sweet looking game called kingdom under fire 2 and i was just wondering what some of you guys though of this game. it is supposed to be a mmoarts (not sure what the A stands for) but this games graphics put dawn of fantasys to shame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JrBnsNTW8s for a gameplay video (though its not all gameplay)

Aametherar
07-09-2009, 01:34 AM
They don't look any better than DOF's graphics to me, at least not from what i've seen.

szebus
07-09-2009, 01:51 AM
mmoarts may stand for massive multiplayer action real time strategy and I don't think the gameplay or the feeling will be as DoF. For now DoF seems to me much superior in gameplay.

nickson104
07-09-2009, 03:40 AM
i was just surfing the web the other day and i came across this sweet looking game called kingdom under fire 2 and i was just wondering what some of you guys though of this game. it is supposed to be a mmoarts (not sure what the A stands for) but this games graphics put dawn of fantasys to shame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JrBnsNTW8s for a gameplay video (though its not all gameplay)

Yeah you do realise it is a cinematic? cinematics ALWAYS look good however that does not reflect gameplay... Some really bad graphics games have some good cinematics... And besides... All the monsters on that game look exactly like Middle Earth monsters... They even killed the troll in the same way you do on LOTR:Conquest... :p

And once again... It is Gameplay not Graphics that matters... But DOF has both... :p

Jean=A=Luc
07-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Didn't like the trailer much, it tries to hard to hype you up by appealing to your 10-year-old sensibilities with rock music, hectic/blurry movement and guys in heavy armour doing acrobatics like they were wearing nothing but pajamas.

Also the shot of grass swaying in the beginning is very reminiscent of the WC3 intro, not to mention the acid spewing "Nazgul".

zach12wqasxz
07-10-2009, 01:50 PM
there were quite a few scenes in that trailer that was actual gameplay but i geuss i was the only one that noticed it. has anyone here ever played the original kingdom under fire games? (not circle of doom that one sucks) i love the games and i was just wondering if anyone here like them as well

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/664220/dawn-of-fantasy/images/dawn-of-fantasy-20080731000835571.html

http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/screenshots/screenshots/711/Kingdom-Under-Fire-2.html

for the record i was not trying to say that this game was better than dawn of fantasy, im just a major fan of this series

Aametherar
07-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Woaaah lemme straighten this out, I realize there was gameplay footage, I didn't say DOF is better just because i'm waiting for dof, I simply said the graphics don't look better than DOFs and I stand by that and realise the diff between cinematic and in game graphics. I do agree with the total LOTR ripoff thing though.

nickson104
07-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Woaaah lemme straighten this out, I realize there was gameplay footage, I didn't say DOF is better just because i'm waiting for dof, I simply said the graphics don't look better than DOFs and I stand by that and realise the diff between cinematic and in game graphics. I do agree with the total LOTR ripoff thing though.

Agreed :/

We may be followers of DoF but that doesnt mean that we are biased for it or against others... Many of us have played many other games and we have seen good games come and go... We have placed our hopes in DoF though, they may be misplaced or they may not...

We hope it is not, it seems it is not... But we cannot truly say as of yet

The_Biz
07-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I saw an extremely sweet video of it last year, but no news since

I don't know if they're keeping the MMO aspect or just making it an action game. it was supposed to be 360/PC, so MMO might not be part of it

don't know why it's an RTS

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Real-Time-Stradegy*

Instead of a commander with an overhead view, your on the on battlefield, Whom which you can stll command battlelions/squads/ect, so yeah made it clearer? of do you want to invent a new genre and stick KuF2 in it??