PDA

View Full Version : First DoFSource.com beta key contest started!

LiTos456
07-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Hey guys!
I've finally been able to start the first beta key contest on dofsource.
In this contest, you must create a unit by describing him in a very detailed way, stating each of his stats, descriptions, and any extra information (if you have a back story, or how you came up with the unit, or anything like that post it).
Also, you can make an illustration of the unit. That will help people imagine your unit better. However, the drawing must be completely original, and not taken from anyone elses' illustration whether it is from this contest or anywhere on the internet.
You must submit all your submissions on dofsource.com forum, in this (http://dofsource.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=34) thread. The thing is that, I don't want to have to run around 2 different websites collecting submissions, and I want them in one place there.
There will be 3 winners, and they will be decided by a public poll (the people voting may include reverie and dofsource staff), so your ideas might not only be judged by other members, but developers and admins as well.
Also, the deadline is now Thursday, July 16th. If anybody wants to make an entry, please submit it before that date.

Have fun and good luck, I can't wait to see some ideas! :D

Aametherar
07-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Aww, i'd enter but I can't draw i'd imagine any good artist would wipe the wall of anyone with a good unit/backstory :P

LiTos456
07-08-2009, 05:58 PM
A good artist would only give the people a better description of what he looks like.
The drawing is more like an extra, just for fun if anybody wants to do it, but it's not necessary. I actually edited the post a little to make it clearer, sorry.
You really don't need to be an artist to enter. Besides, why miss the chance anyway?

Aametherar
07-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I guess I could try my hand at pixel art, hah! Also because i'm not creative, I guess you're right though, i'll give it a shot i'm desperate :P

LiTos456
07-08-2009, 06:02 PM
If I were to enter this contest I'd draw some stickman just for fun :P You can really do anything, if you want your unit to have 2 swords for example, I'd draw a stickman with 2 sticks in his hands. I'm not much of an artist either xD
And also, this isn't the last contest, there will be more (probably 2-3 more contests I think), although winners of a contest can't participate in the next one.

LiTos456
07-10-2009, 11:40 AM
bump
Anybody else going to enter? There's way more people here than just Aametherar. We'd need more entries if we want some good competition.

Aametherar
07-10-2009, 11:55 AM
bump
Anybody else going to enter? There's way more people here than just Aametherar. We'd need more entries if we want some good competition.

Nono, competition is bad, very baadd...must...win! Actually i'm kinda hoping to get in early off forum activity alone, and if that is the case I wouldn't want to get anothers beta key :P. Cmon guys support the fansite, a lot of work has been put into it, and it shows.

Puppeteer
07-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Heck it's only been two days, give people a chance.

Kire
07-10-2009, 01:21 PM
I am also not an artist, i do only stickmen =), but i think i will give it a try just for fun if not for win=) (will make it this night so dont stop the contest till than =P).

zach12wqasxz
07-10-2009, 02:22 PM
are we allowed to create units of mixed races? like say elvish and dragon or something? and say if we take a picture but then draw it ourselves will that count because i drew it? i cant really draw well from my own imagination. i have to look at something and then i can draw really well from there (not tracing, i hate it when ppl think i traced a drawing)

Aametherar
07-10-2009, 02:25 PM
I think the idea is that its your creating from your imagination not someone elses. As for dragons copulating with elves...I don't even wan't to think about it.

nickson104
07-10-2009, 06:48 PM
When do the entries stop and the voting begin?

By the way... Is there a way I can edit my post later to attatch a picture to it if i can be bothered to attempt to draw one?

LiTos456
07-11-2009, 12:29 PM
are we allowed to create units of mixed races? like say elvish and dragon or something? and say if we take a picture but then draw it ourselves will that count because i drew it? i cant really draw well from my own imagination. i have to look at something and then i can draw really well from there (not tracing, i hate it when ppl think i traced a drawing)

Uh... I dont know about elves and dragons, but I'm looking for units that are within the 3 playable races. I guess you can make human-elf, I dont know about orc-elf but orc-dragon is just...weird.
And well it's true, creativity counts, and it should be your imagination. But I'll remind you that a picture is not required! They're just for fun. And I'm sure you can come up with something.

Nickson: Right now there is no deadline. When I feel like we have enough entries, I'll put up a deadline, which is probably going to be a few days from then. Yes you can edit your post as long as I am aware of it. I don't want any cheating.

Right now we have 5 entries, Ben's doesn't really count since he's DoFS staff and he'll get a private key anyway. So I think maybe 5 more entries will do, and then I'll put up a deadline.

Also, I've made a slight revision to the contest. The FIRST winner will get a beta key to the FIRST closed beta. The other 2 will get keys for later stages.
Also, you're not going to receive keys right away, they'll be sent to you when you're closer to the beta.

Thanks for entering everyone, and good luck!

Aametherar
07-11-2009, 01:23 PM
argahahaaugh must get in first cb!

LiTos456
07-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Yeah, that's something you won't get from the forum as far as I know.

Aametherar
07-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah, that's something you won't get from the forum as far as I know.

Oh noes! I must get iiin ~droolz~

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 06:07 AM
canz i havez it? :(

nickson104
07-12-2009, 09:06 AM
canz i havez it? :(

Canz you makez entry?

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Canz you makez entry?

Canz you make me entry :(

LiTos456
07-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Just make a good entry! :P It really isn't that hard

nickson104
07-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Just make a good entry! :P It really isn't that hard

Indeed... It took me about 10 minutes... including the time deciding which idea to go with.... XD

Kire
07-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Well i developed my idea in 1,5 hour + drawing picture 20 min =)
(my first idea was bush- a "vehicle" that you can hide inside 2 units and sneak them around =P, second one was some kind of flag carrier with use of horn there was also forth but i dont remember it right now =P.... the idea that i posted was third one =))

Edit: oh i remember now what was forth idea... it was some kind beast.... yeti/bigfoot creature =P (for elves as forest beast =P)

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Alright my email is morganmilliea@hotmail.com go now and create me a beta key before your parents die Randomly.

Darathor
07-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Can you please use a color other than pink, Sparrow? It hurts to look at.

Josh Warner
07-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Can you please use a color other than pink, Sparrow? It hurts to look at.

I somehow get that was the point :(

I've added my entry, very detailed. Would be even more detailed if I could add values but we don't know enough about the game yet.

Darathor
07-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I was pretty sure it was meant to, because of his sig and off-topic thread, but really it hurts.

LiTos456
07-12-2009, 10:25 PM
I somehow get that was the point :(

I've added my entry, very detailed. Would be even more detailed if I could add values but we don't know enough about the game yet.

WOAH, that's a HUGE entry dude.
You guys got some serious competition now...
Also, I suggest to many of you to fix up your entries with better grammar/punctuation. There are some people that didn't write it well so it's hard to read, it's easier for people when everything is nice and organized. I suggest, but it's not necessary. Also I didn't say edit! You can't edit your entries unless you let me know and I let you.

Josh Warner
07-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Also, I suggest to many of you to fix up your entries with better grammar/punctuation. There are some people that didn't write it well so it's hard to read, it's easier for people when everything is nice and organized. I suggest, but it's not necessary. Also I didn't say edit! You can't edit your entries unless you let me know and I let you.

I'd have liked to do all the values for everything and possibly added another spell/ability, but I've been up for a very long time and in the suggestion forum here I was working on another post, as well as dealing with a sick gf, I just wanted to make sure I got it posted before I forgot about it haha.

Aametherar
07-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Mines not a hero so can't load it up on spells, just its inherent coolness :P

Kire
07-13-2009, 04:54 AM

Is mine ok to read? If not please tell whats confusing and if it is, can you allow me to edit it =)?

nickson104
07-13-2009, 05:01 AM
Haeso's entry is pretty damn awesome... but a little OP... I know he said 2 on battlefied max... but have you seen those abilities and effects! :o :p

I wish I had come up with a better unit now that I have seen other entries :(

Kire
07-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Haeso's entry is pretty damn awesome... but a little OP... I know he said 2 on battlefied max... but have you seen those abilities and effects! :o :p

Well yours was not sooooo bad too =P, tho they sound cheep to make and if you need more troops before the attack this way makes a go and you are not sorry if you have to sacrifice them on battlefield in order for others to survive.
Tho this gives nice tactic =).
My favorite from others is still goblin launcher =), Ben has also nice one but he wont be in poll. At Chaplain i like the armored man thing there and at silversword mage i also like tree spell (beside it reminds me of warcraft 3 elf hero, but since it is a very good spell i would miss it otherwise in this game =)), but at this last two there are some parts that bothers me much, but i wont tell what is that =), because you may say i want to disgrace my opponents/competitors =O.

So ppl what do you think of my idea ... i havent seen any comments about it, so i would like little to know where do i stand =).

Edit: oh and as posted in that forum, it would be nice if DoF team will actually make the winners unit in their game (maybe just once shows up in campaign =P). Tho i would give up close beta invite for this =).

Josh Warner
07-13-2009, 06:58 AM

they're supposed to be balanced by cost and the fact that they're useless without a very large army :p

Darathor
07-13-2009, 10:05 AM
I just posted mine, hope it's okay.
Also, can I edit mine?

LiTos456
07-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Yeah Kire, yours is ok.

Also, the deadline is now Thursday, July 16th. If anybody wants to make an entry, please submit it before that date.

Darathor
07-13-2009, 10:36 AM
That's not too long away, should give more people time to post some more, but can I please edit mine?

LiTos456
07-13-2009, 10:43 AM
What are you going to edit?

edit: nvm, since you just posted it go ahead. Consider it as the initial post.

Oh and Kire, Im sure you'll find out in a couple of days when the poll starts.

And sorry I didn't see the 4th page posts so I was a little out of date there lol.

Kire
07-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I just posted mine, hope it's okay.
Also, can I edit mine?

Wow long story you made, you seemed to be very talented at making stories, i very liked reading yours. But at first, that i looked at your post, it was like -omg how much text- =P

Aametherar
07-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Or they could implement my unit AND nickelsons, that way mine can launch his :D I know this game has the capability of launching various things other than boulders which is why I was so quick to post that :P

Darathor
07-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks Kire.:)
And ya, I think I over did it.

Aametherar
07-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Darathor try adding larger breaks in the text, between paragraphs (or randomly even) it makes it easier to read.

SPARROW94
07-13-2009, 02:28 PM
I was pretty sure it was meant to, because of his sig and off-topic thread, but really it hurts.

Problem is i cant

because im sparrow get used to it

LiTos456
07-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Alright my email is morganmilliea@hotmail.com go now and create me a beta key before your parents die Randomly.

p*ss off buddy.
Either you go make the entry, and stop bossing around like a f*cking god that you are NOT, but I am not giving anybody free beta keys.
You're seriously starting to p*ss me off.

SPARROW94
07-13-2009, 03:18 PM
p*ss off buddy.
Either you go make the entry, and stop bossing around like a f*cking god that you are NOT, but I am not giving anybody free beta keys.
You're seriously starting to p*ss me off.

Lmao, :) your a silly goose. oh and btw grow up maybe?

oh and before you try and turn that around on me, try not to be to harsh & bust your balls, ^_^

LiTos456
07-13-2009, 03:20 PM
What does that have to do with anything that I've said?
I'm trying to figure out why you behave like you have literal power over everybody on this forum.
And the one thing I'm trying to do in this community is avoid conflicts with others, and I tried to ignore your strange actions, but now since you've directed one of them towards me, I'd like to know why.

SPARROW94
07-13-2009, 03:21 PM
What does that have to do with anything that I've said?
I'm trying to figure out why you behave like you have literal power over everybody on this forum.
And the one thing I'm trying to do in this community is avoid conflicts with others, and I tried to ignore your strange actions, but now since you've directed one of them towards me, I'd like to know why.

Were getting off topic

And i guess im foolin with you, im sure some of the members of this community will go "oh thats just sparrow ... the fool"

LiTos456
07-13-2009, 03:24 PM
I figured, I did that on OO forums... :p That would be the response I was hoping for. As I said, the least thing I want to do is have conflicts with any people here (not even in game, I prefer friendly battles for the sake of fun).
Are you going to enter the contest though? Because you're still not getting free beta keys. :P

SPARROW94
07-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I figured, I did that on OO forums... :p That would be the response I was hoping for. As I said, the least thing I want to do is have conflicts with any people here (not even in game, I prefer friendly battles for the sake of fun).
Are you going to enter the contest though? Because you're still not getting free beta keys. :P

morganmilliea@hotmail.com

lmao, when i get the time to but not now... i am busy

LiTos456
07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Well sure, it's your choice. The more entries the better! (for me, that is :P)
Oh and you should really stop double posting, use the edit button, just an advice.

Aametherar
07-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Oh and you should really stop posting, just an advice.
That's okay in your case though as I edited yours for you :)

Darathor
07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Can I edit mine again? Make it more readable and fix some grammar mistakes?
Staring at a giant wall of text isn't good.

Aametherar
07-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Just edit it, tis not a big deal especially since its based on user votes and anyone can still submit new ones.

nickson104
07-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Or they could implement my unit AND nickelsons, that way mine can launch his :D I know this game has the capability of launching various things other than boulders which is why I was so quick to post that :P

Sounds cool! Therefore... We both win XD :p

LiTos456
07-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah, go ahead and edit it...
The thing is I don't want any major changes. Else it'll be like cheating.

Darathor
07-13-2009, 05:51 PM
I was just changing the main story by spacing it out so it's not just one big wall of text.

LiTos456
07-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Well yeah, that's fine.

Puppeteer
07-14-2009, 05:56 AM
Well I've added mine :)

LiTos456
07-14-2009, 10:17 AM
I would expect you to get into the beta easily because you're the official moderator... but alright, yours would be a shame not to put in the poll... :P Good job very organized

Aametherar
07-14-2009, 01:52 PM

See posts like yours are the reason everyone was afraid to go first :P. People always copy/expand on the best layout and it only gets better heheh

Josh Warner
07-14-2009, 02:18 PM

reminds me a lot of the Total War horse archers, such an irritating unit. Well done :p

Aametherar
07-14-2009, 02:25 PM
reminds me a lot of the Total War horse archers, such an irritating unit. Well done :p

That was my first thought, also yeah those units are annoying ;P

LiTos456
07-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Lol I'll have to be honest but I barely read any of the entries.... xD too much text!

nickson104
07-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Lol I'll have to be honest but I barely read any of the entries.... xD too much text!

I dont blame ya!! :p XD

Puppeteer
07-15-2009, 09:13 AM
reminds me a lot of the Total War horse archers
I've never played Total War, but I was just reading a book about Genghis Khan a few weeks ago and it inspired me.

See posts like yours are the reason everyone was afraid to go first :P. People always copy/expand on the best layout and it only gets better heheh
Actually DofSource kept crashing after a few seconds of reaching the site, so as soon as I got to it on Internet 8 I copied the guideline. I wrote it all in notepad :p Have only just read the other entries, that Chaplain has incredible abilities.

LiTos456
07-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Crashing? O.O That's just utterly weird. Didn't happen to anyone else ever, how can I website crash anyway?

Last day everybody! Whoever didn't submit go go go!!

Puppeteer
07-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I meant crashing as a generic term; the website would freeze as soon as I clicked on a thread, or remained on the homepage for a few seconds.

Kire
07-15-2009, 03:00 PM
2 more hours to start =P, do you feel the thrill ?=) tho i do =P

-See posts like yours are the reason everyone was afraid to go first :P. People always copy/expand on the best layout and it only gets better heheh-

Well i agree here 100%, you see what did other before do wrong/bad and you do it better in your post. It would be better if the person who organise this, would get this on his mail and when voting starts he post them.

zach12wqasxz
07-16-2009, 12:08 AM

they are very usefull though when your outnumbered and all the enemy have is infantry........ i used around 300 persian horse archers and beat an egyptian army of around 2000 one time and all i did was run away and canterban circle

LiTos456
07-16-2009, 12:25 AM
Contest over!!! Voting begins!
Go to http://dofsource.com and you will be able to vote right away. Just check the submissions thread, read the entries and vote!
I am excluded from voting.
BE AWARE OF THAT VOTING FOR YOURSELF WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FROM THE CONTEST. I CAN SEE WHO VOTES FOR WHO, AND IF YOU TRY TO VOTE AS A GUEST I CAN COMPARE YOUR IP. PLEASE DON'T ASK YOUR RANDOM FRIENDS TO VOTE FOR YOU, UNLESS YOU WANT TO FEEL LIKE AN *******. THANKS! And good luck!!

Kire
07-16-2009, 04:32 AM
Gogogo people, go vote, atm just 2 votes (me +1) =) and dont be lazy =P

nickson104
07-16-2009, 05:48 AM
Gogogo people, go vote, atm just 2 votes (me +1) =) and dont be lazy =P

Have done.... Aemetherar is currently in the lead... :/

Kire
07-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Have done.... Aemetherar is currently in the lead... :/

Well he has nice idea and interesting.... tho he is worth having my vote =). This way elves and humans will do better..... now are orcs, trolls and goblins, if we had a goblin luncher than there will be just orcs and trolls, due to too extensive use of goblins =P.

Aametherar
07-16-2009, 07:21 AM
That's okay i'll still launch your goblins with the utmost care :D. I actually still can't decide what to vote on, there's a lot of good ones. Wish there was another way to see how many votes each got, i'm so curious!

Also, goblins have always been an expendable in war heheh.

I'm going through them again top to bottom. Still got a lot to read though...a LOT if you include a few of these yeesh!

Darathors feel like zerg with burrow ability (except it's hide), don't want to ge ambushed by those!...reading onwards...heheheh (don't worry Darathor I wouldn't base my vote on that) +1 for accuratley portraying orc response to rock. -1 for killing many orcs, you also forgot the bloodlust ability :P, but then that was a "hero char" in the story. Not bad.

Cyborox, the laws of nature dictate that your elves skin would be lighter not darker from living in caves...Then again, maybe elves are just different and their skin color helps absorb magic power!

Puppeteer very well written but dang, I wouldn't want to face those either! thats a lot of nasty upgrades! heheh

Draco, the watcher could also have a goblin variant for the orcs (crafty devils).

Okay I honestly dunno what to vote for. (sorry if i skipped some reviewing here my thoughts guys I didn't wanna create an epic length post.) Honestly they're all good! The only one I wouldn't vote for is the drunken warrior (sorry atom!) because I don't like how games seem to always portray drinking as "cool"

Done! I voted wohooo (that was very difficult lol, to many good ones, I may be in trouble!) Must get in first cb!

Kire
07-16-2009, 09:06 AM
I wonder what will they do if, for example, top 3 will have same votes =) or at least top 2.

DragonKing
07-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Actually DofSource kept crashing after a few seconds of reaching the site, so as soon as I got to it on Internet 8 I copied the guideline. I wrote it all in notepad :p Have only just read the other entries, that Chaplain has incredible abilities.

Same also here at me, when i try to login there, after sec or two the site freeze (i am using internet explorer).:confused:

Other than this, nice ideas of ppl who did entries there, the best for me were that long elf story (i would vote for him if i could) and ben ones and also shadowsong one was nice. Too bad i missed the competition, because i also have some nice ideas and would probably be the winning ones (just kidding you, but realy i have 1 or two ideas).

Aametherar
07-16-2009, 10:36 AM
That's odd, perhaps try firefox, or just vote as a guest.

Also I was wondering the same thing Kire heh. Theres so many good entrys it seems like between first second and third there's going to be several ties.

DragonKing
07-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Wish there was another way to see how many votes each got, i'm so curious!

That is strange, i am new there (came after the entries were closed), but from the beggining, even before i made a registration, i could see the sidebar where shows ppl that made entries and how much votes they got. Is this because only those ppl can vote?

And to the post where i said about freeze problem, it hapens even if i dont log in.

Kire
07-16-2009, 11:01 AM
That's odd, perhaps try firefox, or just vote as a guest.

Also I was wondering the same thing Kire heh. Theres so many good entrys it seems like between first second and third there's going to be several ties.

No try Safari, its better (tho i use it =)) and i dont think you can vote as a guest? Hmm if i wouldnt voted for you A. and would for someone else who dont have vote, than we would all just have 1 vote =P, hard than to choose the winners =). And i hooope many more ppl will vote =).
And thanks to the one that liked my idea the most =).

Aametherar
07-16-2009, 11:05 AM
No try Safari, its better (tho i use it =)) and i dont think you can vote as a guest? Hmm if i wouldnt voted for you A. and would for someone else who dont have vote, than we would all just have 1 vote =P, hard than to choose the winners =). And i hooope many more ppl will vote =).
And thanks to the one that liked my idea the most =).

That's okay, you made the right decision son ~pat pat~. Lol serioussly though it'd be impossible to set it up for a massive tie, not to mention unethical :P. To be honest the votes look good so far, everyone deserves some in my opinion. I just deserve most (joking) 1 way or another i'm obsessed with getting in the first beta tho :P

Ok orc slayer lost a vote and cybro~ got one, how'd that happen? o.0

LiTos456
07-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Use firefox, IE sucks. In fact there are a few things that dont even display on the site in IE (like some theme images). It's THAT bad.
And I'll asl thomas about the fact that you couldn't vote as a guest. The poll is supposed to be public.

Edit: Thomas (one of DoFS staff, who developers the poll system) has asked you to give him your IP, DragonKing so we could try to solve the problem. Can you please PM it to me? Don't worry we're not going to harm your computer, I promise :P

edit: I voted for peaches12w. :P Draco wrote the same exact thing, so I voted for peaches because his/her post was first, and I like assassins.

nickson104
07-16-2009, 11:55 AM
8 votes have been cast and so far Aametherar is still leading with 2 votes while 6 other contestants follow behind on one vote... 4 Ideas are yet to gain a vote...

It is looking quite a close one, no runaway winners yet...

How long will voting take place? 2 days? a week?

LiTos456
07-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Possibly until sunday, it depends, we need to make sure we get enough votes.
Also, DragonKing, nevermind!!! I have your IP, I forgot that you registered on Dofsource.com.

Edit: DRAGONKING: Ok either you are Kire or you're using Kire's computer, but if you are Kire I told you mate, you can't get away with making another account to vote for yourself. I won't disqualify you because you voted for Aametherar and not for yourself, but since your IPs are the same DragonKing, or you AS DragonKing, cannot vote.

DragonKing
07-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Possibly until sunday, it depends, we need to make sure we get enough votes.
Also, DragonKing, nevermind!!! I have your IP, I forgot that you registered on Dofsource.com.

Edit: DRAGONKING: Ok either you are Kire or you're using Kire's computer, but if you are Kire I told you mate, you can't get away with making another account to vote for yourself. I won't disqualify you because you voted for Aametherar and not for yourself, but since your IPs are the same DragonKing, or you AS DragonKing, cannot vote.

I am not Kire, he is just my friend (more closer), but yes we well know, that it is not moral to say to your friend to vote for you and i believe as i know him, he is very fair and would not do anything like this cheating, thats why we didnt tell you for this. You may/would/could come to wrong conclusion. As i posted in my previos thread i wouldnt vote for him. I have chosen with my own mind and i think someone else has better idea than he has (no offense Kire :) ), as i also posted earlyer.
He did tell me about this competition, that he was so excited for. But he did also say that i must decide on my own (he rather forbided me almost voting for him). At that time i just said "huh" (that was day or two before posting ended), because still didnt realise the value of this game, tho he still told me all about game. But day or two back he did show me some pictures and it pulled me in, oh and that magic sistem (both like magic :p ), so i became fan too (as stated before, i am not much of a computer fan).

About IP thing. Show me the one you have, to see if you have my or his. I will gladly give you mine, if it hapens that it is his and if will be mine, i will tell Kire (tho he will faster find out about it here) to give his.
Sorry for causing you troubles, it wasnt intended. I know you have just my word that says "i am not Kire". You can find many things happening on internet. So i completely agree with what you decided, to take away the voting, because i cant give you 100% proof, that i am not Kire (thank god and you that you didnt disqualifide him).

But i have decided on my own that someone has nice idea and would be a shame if the talented (in my opinion) person that would/could be among the first 3, would be because of this not there. And i give you my word, that the person, that i think should get my vote and win is not Kire or the one he voted for or he would want to vote now. Well it would be quite possible it could be actualy his idea that i liked the most (it is reasonable since we are friends and like simmilar things) or the one he voted, but it isnt.

And i would like to participate in further competitions, but because of this it is not likely to happen (wont be allowed). So if you would like, i could just go away and not participate or post or anything (but i will read :) ). My itentions were not to show to the forum that he is "bad" person and destroy his reputation, so i would gladly just back off, because i like him much and would not want, that now all comunity would have in mind, that he is somekind cheater and nothing more (tho he still gathered some posts more closser to 150 because of me :p ).

To Kire this forum and future game and at the moment this competition means a lot to him, i couldnt forgive myself if he could loose all this because of me.
The biggest distinction between me and him is that he likes safari and i am still using internet explorer=P (you know mac-pc stuff....=P).

Edit: I fixed the language problem as i am concerned (and y, english is my first language ........ no, not really =P)

nickson104
07-16-2009, 07:01 PM
DragonKing... English is not your first language is it?

Kire
07-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Ok orc slayer lost a vote and cybro~ got one, how'd that happen? o.0

Yes i also remember he had one vote. So where did it go ?=)

Edit: Just something to add to DragonKing post. First to hear it also from me.... i am not DragonKing and he is not me. Than would just want to say, that i have some knowledge about IP and if i would want to cheat i would be more careful and not registered on same computer, would i? And yes cheating would be lame indeed (to deprive the talented person of (rightful) reward just because of your/my "need").

LiTos456
07-17-2009, 12:48 AM
ok well both of your accounts give me the same IP. Also on the poll system, Thomas is tracking the same IP as well. Doesn't matter what it is, it's the same.
I believe you guys, but why your IPs are the same? o.O
DragonKing PM me who you want to vote for and I'll add a vote to that person.

SPARROW94
07-17-2009, 01:15 PM
ok well both of your accounts give me the same IP. Also on the poll system, Thomas is tracking the same IP as well. Doesn't matter what it is, it's the same.
I believe you guys, but why your IPs are the same? o.O
DragonKing PM me who you want to vote for and I'll add a vote to that person.

Smurf! i know one when i see one *turns around... mirror!* HAI SMURF!

Back on topic i dont wanna get perma banned, :), and yeah i didnt knwo the time limit i spent ****ing 5 hours the other day working on my class.

LiTos456
07-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Sorry... the limit was announced like monday or tuesday, you had plenty of time to find out. :(
Also the voting ends tomorrow night, then round 2 will begin - so if 1 winner was determined now, the rest of the people with the most votes will go into round 2, determening the 2nd and 3rd winners. If only 1 wins again, there will be a round 3 determening the 3rd winner.

Aametherar
07-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Nice solution to the everyone has 1 vote idea, I like it!

Kire
07-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Nice solution to the everyone has 1 vote idea, I like it!

Well i must congratulate you already =P, tho noeone will have more votes than you =), excited of having first beta key ?=P Will you want to share it ... to ppl at least who voted for you?... =P

Aametherar
07-17-2009, 07:39 PM
I could cut it 3 ways and give 2 thirds of it away heheh. Votings not finished yet but im super excited! Someone else actually told me they voted for me today but I don't see it and they said they get "That's not a valid URL" error when they click it now, odd. They said it worked after registering o.0 Apparently votes aren't working properly for non registered users. Don't worry i'm not running around asking friends to vote for me (or id have like 20 by now woot) heheh, just been showing several people in the game and 1 ended up there o.o I think 3 has it anyways noone left to vote )= I wish more people who made one would vote. On the plus side 2 of the people i've shown have already said they're gonna buy the game guaranteed ^_^

Anyways I hope you guys can fix the guest voting, might help get more votes in next round.

LiTos456
07-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Bleh, I'll talk to Thomas about it. The system is actually in a deep beta, but thanks for the investigation.

Aametherar
07-18-2009, 12:44 AM
:o things are heating up!

nickson104
07-18-2009, 04:01 AM
I could cut it 3 ways and give 2 thirds of it away heheh. Votings not finished yet but im super excited! Someone else actually told me they voted for me today but I don't see it and they said they get "That's not a valid URL" error when they click it now, odd. They said it worked after registering o.0 Apparently votes aren't working properly for non registered users. Don't worry i'm not running around asking friends to vote for me (or id have like 20 by now woot) heheh, just been showing several people in the game and 1 ended up there o.o I think 3 has it anyways noone left to vote )= I wish more people who made one would vote. On the plus side 2 of the people i've shown have already said they're gonna buy the game guaranteed ^_^

Anyways I hope you guys can fix the guest voting, might help get more votes in next round.

Yeah I think its quite good that NO-ONE has tried to cheat the system at all and no-one has recruited friends to boost our vote count...

Kire
07-18-2009, 07:29 AM
Yeah I think its quite good that NO-ONE has tried to cheat the system at all and no-one has recruited friends to boost our vote count...

How would you know noeone has said to friends to vote for him?=) Well as long as i am concerned that would be impossible to see, the only thing that would punish them is their conscience, but many ppl dont have it on internet x.x (if noeone knows who they are ofc).

Aametherar
07-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Actually it's impossible to tell, but I know I didn't, heh. I actually don't personally know any of the ones that voted for me besides that one. I want in the cb1 pretty bad but I couldn't take it from someone who earned it ^_^, anyways all others who have voted for me mentioned it in public if you were worried, cause that post seems like sarcasm o.o if it wasn't legit ida never brang it up here I even told em to only vote for the coolest 1 when they asked me about it. They did say they didn't read em all though heh. Argh! Now I feel bad a friend voted for me even though I didn't cheat -.-

Kire
07-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Actually it's impossible to tell, but I know I didn't, heh. I actually don't personally know any of the ones that voted for me besides that one. I want in the cb1 pretty bad but I couldn't take it from someone who earned it ^_^, anyways all others who have voted for me mentioned it in public if you were worried, cause that post seems like sarcasm o.o if it wasn't legit ida never brang it up here I even told em to only vote for the coolest 1 when they asked me about it. They did say they didn't read em all though heh. Argh! Now I feel bad a friend voted for me even though I didn't cheat -.-

Well i wasnt pointing to you tho =P, just saying something in general =P.Or do you feel bad and want something to tell us ?=) (nono, just joking =))

LiTos456
07-18-2009, 04:10 PM
yay finally some more competition going on. Maybe the winners will be identified today after all :P

Kire
07-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Voting already stopped since i dont see the voting table?=)
Edit: probably was just come kind fixing? ... it is ok now for me =)

Aametherar
07-18-2009, 09:02 PM
yep it goes down from time to time is all, today was last day for voting though so it should close any minute...or second ~prays~ lol. Actually to be honest i was looking so forward to voting in 2nd and/or 3rd round watching 2 units face off :p

Woot days over even in PST. Gratz Haeso and Kire! If you ask me everyone who participated earned em, creativity is awesome!

Kire
07-19-2009, 04:04 AM
Woot days over even in PST. Gratz Haeso and Kire! If you ask me everyone who participated earned em, creativity is awesome!

I think they said it is over sunday night ?=)

Aametherar
07-19-2009, 04:29 AM
Ohh, I see..humdedum ~crosses fingers~ :P He musta made mistake yesterday when he said tomorrow night, not a big deal, that or just diff timezone :P

LiTos456
07-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Sorry, I was busy playing ArmA2 with Danny here. It was over yesterday night.

Well, our DoFSource contest is over! And here's the moment you've all been waiting for, the contest winners!

1. FIRST CLOSED BETA - Aametherar with 5 votes! Congratulations!
2. THIRD CLOSED BETA - Haeso with 3 votes! Congratulations!
3. THIRD CLOSED BETA - Kire with 2 votes! Congratulations!

Congratulations to all the winners! For those who didn't win, or didn't get a chance to entry... have hope! There may be more contests...

Congrats guys... Here are the people who have voted for you:

Aametherar: Haeso, Zues, Ben, nickson104, and Kire.
Haeso: peaches12w, dainn, and Darathor.
Kire: OrcSlayer, Thomas.

The rest of the voting as follows:

Nickson104: Aametherar
Peaches12w: Ed (me)
Darathor: DragonKing
Cybroxis: Puppeteer
Puppeteer: Andy
Draco: Cybroxis.

The rest of you guys didn't manage to get any votes, sorry.

Hope you enjoyed the contest! Winners will receive their keys in time for the beta, but you got one reserved now, so don't worry.

nickson104
07-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Aametherar: Haeso, Zues, Ben, nickson104, and Kire.
Haeso: peaches12w, dainn, and Darathor.
Kire: OrcSlayer, Thomas.

The rest of the voting as follows:

Nickson104: Aametherar
Peaches12w: Ed (me)
Darathor: DragonKing
Cybroxis: Puppeteer
Puppeteer: Andy
Draco: Cybroxis.

Congratz guys :)

Aemetherar it is nice to know my vote was returned :) To be honest I think your idea was the coolest and it would be really cool if it was implemented :)

Kire
07-19-2009, 11:40 AM
It is funny to win with 2 votes =P. Oh and bdw where is second close beta key since me and Haeso got third close beta key?
And once again gratz Aametherar for winning (damn i so envy him =P), and thanks Orcslayer and Thomas for voting for me. To bad Orcslayer you didnt get any votes, your suggestion was also good, specially those trees =).
And where it says -entry here-, i think should be some link there?, but it doesnt work =)

Darathor
07-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Congratulations guys on winning!
I thought they were all creative and took some effort or at least an epiphany of some sort.:)

LiTos456
07-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah the links don't work, I just copy and pasted from the dofsource news post lol. I'll remove them now.
Uhm also for the third beta keys, I actually can't be completely sure about that yet - I'll have to confirm with the devs, you might get into 2nd, sorry for the confusion.

PS: Aametherar, remember your first post in this thread? If you held onto that you wouldn't win :P see?

Aametherar
07-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Heh, so true thanks for convincing me litos! Thanks Haeso, Zues, Ben, nickson104, and Kire! I think it's kinda cool how 2nd and third place voted for me...imagine if they voted for each other instead :O heheh, i'd rather not :P (plus haeso switched vote to me at the end knowing I was his competition :O. I think it's awesome all who voted that entered the contest, shows character. Also n/p nickelson, i loved the simplicity and the story, really the back story is what got me, it was short, sweet and perfectly written, and use of the word spawning helped :P.

Kire
07-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Also n/p nickelson, i loved the simplicity and the story, really the back story is what got me, it was short, sweet and perfectly written, and use of the word spawning helped :P.

And also good use of your launcher =P

nickson104
07-20-2009, 03:59 AM
And also good use of your launcher =P

Ahahahahaha XD If only... XD :p but nah I think for the launcher some suicide goblins would be better... :p Explode on impact XD :p

Josh Warner
07-20-2009, 11:23 PM
It is funny to win with 2 votes =P. Oh and bdw where is second close beta key since me and Haeso got third close beta key?
And once again gratz Aametherar for winning (damn i so envy him =P), and thanks Orcslayer and Thomas for voting for me. To bad Orcslayer you didnt get any votes, your suggestion was also good, specially those trees =).
And where it says -entry here-, i think should be some link there?, but it doesnt work =)

First beta is single player only and hardware issues primarily. second beta is the very basics of multiplayer including connectivity issues etc, third beta is MMORTS mode - I'm happy with third, more than happy lol. edit; a little off, but the idea is right.

"Closed Beta Stage 1 - we`ll begin by sending stripped down game client with updater tool and single-player skirmish to the first 50 testers. You`ll get a chance to play around with this for the first two weeks. During this phase we`ll be solving technical problems preventing people from starting the game, and other major crashes.

Closed Beta Stage 2 - will commence 2 weeks later. We`ll invite 50 additional testers, and send out a major update that will feature multiplayer skirmish mode. During stage 2 we`ll be fine tuning connectivity, chat and basics of player vs player gameplay. All 3 multilayer skirmish mods will be available, including team defense of huge capital fortresses."

from the beta questions thread, so yeah, first beta might not be the most fun, but very important that it goes well or the others can't really go on as scheduled. So do a good job Aametherar! Second beta sounds great, but third is the one I wanted to be in by for sure as it's my primary attraction to the game.

Yeah the links don't work, I just copy and pasted from the dofsource news post lol. I'll remove them now.
Uhm also for the third beta keys, I actually can't be completely sure about that yet - I'll have to confirm with the devs, you might get into 2nd, sorry for the confusion.

PS: Aametherar, remember your first post in this thread? If you held onto that you wouldn't win :P see?

I wouldn't complain about getting into the second for sure!

Kire
07-21-2009, 05:26 AM
Isnt it, if you get beta key, the first one for example, that you stay also in all other later betas? Tho it is better to get beta key as soon as possible, isnt it ?=)

Josh Warner
07-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Isnt it, if you get beta key, the first one for example, that you stay also in all other later betas? Tho for this one it is better to get it faster, isnt it ?=)

I haven't heard of a beta being run any other way so I'd assume so.

LiTos456
07-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Isnt it, if you get beta key, the first one for example, that you stay also in all other later betas? Tho it is better to get beta key as soon as possible, isnt it ?=)

Yeah, thats why it's better to get the first beta key.
I can't confirm which beta the other winners will be in, 2nd or 3rd. Just hope for 2nd. I'll try to confirm later today.

Josh Warner
07-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah, thats why it's better to get the first beta key.
I can't confirm which beta the other winners will be in, 2nd or 3rd. Just hope for 2nd. I'll try to confirm later today.

I'm more than happy with 3rd personally, MMORTS testing/feedback is what I want to be a part of. Though that capital fortress defense thing sounds like a lot of fun.

LiTos456
07-21-2009, 09:00 PM
You know what I find funny, there were a total of 15 votes in the poll, but in the current poll (How did you like the contest) there's already 9. Which is more than half the important poll. Lol.

Kire
07-25-2009, 11:37 AM
You know what I find funny, there were a total of 15 votes in the poll, but in the current poll (How did you like the contest) there's already 9. Which is more than half the important poll. Lol.

Is that good or bad thing ?=P

LiTos456
07-25-2009, 02:44 PM
It's a silly thing, beacuse we could have used all those votes for the actual contest. Too bad the poll system was bugged up.

Kire
07-25-2009, 03:11 PM
It's a silly thing, beacuse we could have used all those votes for the actual contest. Too bad the poll system was bugged up.

What if those, who voted now, also voted at contest? So it wouldnt make a difference =P.

LiTos456
07-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Ok now you're just overexxagarating it. I'm sure there were guests who voted in the current poll.