PDA

View Full Version : Resource decay?

Ithilieninho
04-23-2013, 05:15 AM
My current home city (elven) hasn't got any workers, so it only produces food and wood.

However, there is a slow and steady decay of stone, that I can't account for. It only happens when I am not logged in. It might also be that it happens to gold (haven't really paid attention). It's annoying as my bolt throwers rely on stone.

I've stopped transumtations, so it's not that.

Brian Shingles
04-23-2013, 05:24 AM
The resource cap is shared for Food, Wood and Stone. If resources are added over the cap, other resources are reduced to make room for it.

This is probably what's happening to your Stone - it's being cleared away to make from for the Food and Wood you are producing.

Gold works differently. You can have as much Gold as you have other resources without decay, but if you go over that amount, Gold will slowly reduce until it reaches the cap.

Ithilieninho
04-23-2013, 06:06 AM
The resource cap is shared for Food, Wood and Stone. If resources are added over the cap, other resources are reduced to make room for it.

This is probably what's happening to your Stone - it's being cleared away to make from for the Food and Wood you are producing.

Gold works differently. You can have as much Gold as you have other resources without decay, but if you go over that amount, Gold will slowly reduce until it reaches the cap.

That is not it. After a "levelling up trip" to the woods, the resources stand at 23777/30050. The amount of stone has been reduced from 1118 to 1103. One more trip, and it's reduced to 1045.

And wouldn't it be better if new resources wasn't added (instead of displacing the resources you already have)?