PDA

View Full Version : Another graphical overhaul

LiTos456
07-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Would you guys like the game to have another graphical overhaul, which would take an extra 2 month for it to release?
Personally, I would. I really wish the game looked much better, and so that I could take advantage of my computer for it. The graphics should look like battleforge's, I liked their style, and not like empire total war's. Battleforge's graphics look fun, bright and colorful, it would add fantasy to the game and enjoyment.

Puppeteer
07-06-2009, 03:16 PM
No, I don't think it needs it. Graphics isn't its prime purpose. They look peach & dandy as it is.

Darvin
07-06-2009, 03:36 PM
What a lovely and unbiased poll you have going here.

Anyways, I have yet to eat lunch, so a cookie sounds pretty tempting :-P

Andy Joslin
07-06-2009, 03:47 PM
If we get the funding, it would be a nice thing to do (it would also give the other parts of the game more time to be shaped out).

Aametherar
07-06-2009, 03:49 PM
No, I don't think it needs it. Graphics isn't its prime purpose. They look peach & dandy as it is.

What more needs to be said, as long as it's not hard on the eyes I don't think many RTS players care about the graphics. Heck I still play Warlords Battlecry III for the gameplay. Look how many still play Starcraft. RTS's have never been about the graphics, leave that to the RPGs and FPS's. Performance and playability for more people are more important IMO. Especially considering the scale of battles planned.

Kire
07-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I just looove good graphic, especially on RTS, so i would wait 2 more months and hope they will get funds =).
The only problem is because this game is not for mac, so i will have to play it on my laptop which isnt powerful =). (i dont have boot camp x.x)

Darathor
07-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Graphics are fine, let me please play the game soon, and please let it be awesome.:D

Grizzlez
07-06-2009, 06:13 PM
I'd never complain about better graphics, as long as they don't place too much unnecessary strain on computer performance. I'd much rather have even bigger armies than better graphics so somewhere in the middle would be great.

LiTos456
07-06-2009, 07:46 PM
What more needs to be said, as long as it's not hard on the eyes I don't think many RTS players care about the graphics. Heck I still play Warlords Battlecry III for the gameplay. Look how many still play Starcraft. RTS's have never been about the graphics, leave that to the RPGs and FPS's. Performance and playability for more people are more important IMO. Especially considering the scale of battles planned.

Nobody here says that they care about graphics more.
If you assume that I dislike the current graphics, I don't, I just think better graphics couldn't hurt. Of course the gameplay comes first (which I hope will be good itself).

szebus
07-07-2009, 12:46 AM
I want that cookie promised :D and the graphics are good enough, the gameplay is important.

Blatant7
07-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Agreed. Plus I'm afraid that my computer won't like such good graphics. :(

The_Biz
07-07-2009, 09:46 PM
better graphics while retaining low spec for weaker computers = more sales = more games from reverie

better graphics requires more money = dawn of fantasy never comes out ;)

zach12wqasxz
07-07-2009, 10:07 PM
would there be any chance in reverie using the money to add a bunch of stuff to the gameplay instead of the graphics?, like previously stated i think RTS genre (and the mmo genre) dont really need awseome graphics, they just need addicting gameplay, a game where your just learning new stuff and unlocking new things months and months after starting the game. i know that previously succesful games like starcraft didnt really have a whole bunch of content (compared to what im hoping for) and the months and months thing would be kinda hard for hardcore gamers but still im for gameplay over graphics anyday

szebus
07-08-2009, 02:02 AM
I wouldn't mind if DoF in mmo mode will be fully loaded with adds , like when you are at a loading screen , there is an add from intel or microsoft or whatever. This way they could gain money an make even better expansions.

wou129
07-08-2009, 04:15 AM
it woud be nice but i dont think it wil be smart to do

Aametherar
07-08-2009, 02:58 PM
As I said in the past i don't mind ad's as long as they're discrete and don't get in the way of gameplay, if they do cash shop type add-ons AND ads though, that's too far ;P, not that I have money anyways.

Joseph Visscher
07-08-2009, 05:07 PM
IF we where to redo the art for DOF, it would only increase performance and quality and do absolutely nothing for gameplay, we wont be increasing the resolution of textures but rather just polishing them up and redoing their UVW mapping with new models/skins/rigs/animations.

I am against doing this we need to get the game polished nicely and out the door and into YOUR hands without anymore year long delays... Period.

Darathor
07-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah, now that I think about it, the game really has great graphics and I'm not too picky about graphics anyway. I just want to play this game as soon as possible.:)

zach12wqasxz
07-08-2009, 10:28 PM
i agree 100% with joseph visscher. they need to just release it but then later add downloadable content to the game. would it be possible for them to guve us a pic with the enhanced graphics? that way the people who want better graphics see what they are trying to wait for. i ask this because the way joseph described the graphics "overhual" they didnt really seem like they were going to make them all that much better

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 05:53 AM
Heresy! wait for the game to get a better overhaul, how would this game compete with the others?

Darathor
07-12-2009, 04:12 PM
This game can compete with others.
Looking at the recent screenshots the graphics look amazing and the game has some great ideas and features that are to be included in it.

Aametherar
07-12-2009, 04:17 PM
I agree, and competition isn't just graphics, it's also gameplay, customization and compatibility.

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I agree, and competition isn't just graphics, it's also gameplay, customization and compatibility.

Shutup. Fool!

Aametherar
07-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Shutup. Fool!

You dare challenge us? You will be crushed by swarms of orcs bearing down on your castle and your insolent head will be mounted on a pole for all to see the so called power of your foolish race! The name "Sparrow" will forever mean "fool" in orc.

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 04:33 PM
You have exeded my patience young mortal.
Orks? i have experience with the aspects of battle with you dim-witted beast
tho this may be the past my arrows will blot out the moon, crushing your feeble hides underneath subtle accurate arrows... There is running away, i am the destroyer. I HARVEST YOUR SOULS!

Aametherar
07-12-2009, 04:37 PM
You have exeded my patience young mortal.
Orks? i have experience with the aspects of battle with you dim-witted beast
tho this may be the past my arrows will blot out the moon, crushing your feeble hides underneath subtle accurate arrows... There is running away, i am the destroyer. I HARVEST YOUR SOULS!

Your arrows will skewer the eyeballs of your own troops as we feast upon them after crushing your scrony archers beneath our heals. To us you are no more than an inferior source of food.

Puppeteer
07-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Aemetherar, you may not have tasted defeat, but Sparrow will ensure that you do. It will not be pleasant, and it will taste like spam.
Argh, Sparrow brings out the worst in all of us...

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Your arrows will skewer the eyeballs of your own troops as we feast upon them after crushing your scrony archers beneath our heals. To us you are no more than an inferior source of food.

Heh, orcs suck you know that right? let me tell you some thing know barely knows.

orcs are green people in tunics crying to get shot at...

And im the the one shooting them.

Darathor
07-12-2009, 05:08 PM
I'll join Aametherar! My elves shall lend their mighty bows and blades to the fight!
And pink text hurts my eyeballs.

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 05:11 PM
THE PAAAAIN!

Fools. By then i will have Vassals. The world will cry out my name... !I will enjoy tormenting my own Race....

Darathor
07-12-2009, 05:12 PM
So I will target them too. Nothing to worry about there.

Aametherar
07-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Thats okay, i'll enjoy tormenting your race too (=

zach12wqasxz
07-12-2009, 05:40 PM
I'll join Aametherar! My elves shall lend their mighty bows and blades to the fight!
And pink text hurts my eyeballs.

it doesnt matter who you join if your allegiance lies with weakling elves or dumbwitted orcs!!!, humans are the superior race and cannot be beaten!!!!!
i will crush any who dare say the word elf or orc, i will have thier carcasses fed the wolves and the heads served on platters!!!!

Darathor
07-12-2009, 05:49 PM
elf. Die mangy human dog! I'll put an arrow through your eyes and we will see where it goes from there...:D

zhaoyun23
02-11-2011, 12:35 AM
I cant wait to get started on this game. It will be fantastic to introduce the graphics improvement in stages while the game is released so we can feedback on the changes and then the devs can decide if they want to keep it and improve on it or just shift focus to other aspects

TheWeeIrish
02-11-2011, 04:51 AM
The graphics look good enough to be playable, but I'd like it if they were improved. It is not needed, they could always keep the current graphics for beta and work on new ones during beta.. making beta long for us but then when it releases or during the end of beta they could throw in the new graphics. I am a man who loves his graphics.:cool:

Smikis
02-11-2011, 05:58 AM
tbh this game needs graphical overhaul for it to have any chance apeal to masses, apart 5-10k followers

game looks blury, and bit of meh not to mention proportions seems totally out of whack , that wont stop me playing if game is good, but if 2 months all it takes for it, there shouldnt be even consideration is no brainer to do it

Dolas
02-11-2011, 06:18 AM
guys...this thread was first posted in 2009, so if they decided to do a graphical overhaul they probably did it already. I think the graphics does look way better then the 2007 Featurete (here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVdltEQ8O4)) from the new game play trailer that they released in 2010 (here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrkBJT9c7Jg))

Thunderborn
02-11-2011, 07:19 AM
I am down with anything BETTER than what I am getting. The point though is not to keep stretching things out until the better graphics just become obsolete and outdated. If it takes slightly longer and you can guarantee a better product so be it. Just make sure it IS better and worth the wait. I am interested and I dont think anyone has asked but WHAT exactly are we talking about improving? How much better can it get? I was impressed graphic wise as it is from what has been shown. I assume everything else gets a bit more fine tuned also.

Sokkur
02-11-2011, 08:32 AM
The prettier the better.

Henry Martin
02-11-2011, 12:03 PM
The prettier the better.

Not necessarily, look a WOW for instance. The most popular MMO and it's graphics are meh. That game's has really low poly meshes and relay's on decent texture work to make it visually appealing. I've seen plenty of MMO's that have better graphics then WOW, but do poorly. MMO's are about the experience you get, not the graphics (yeah graphics definitely have there place, don't get me wrong, but its not everything).

Crosland
02-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Ye there's no problem with the graphics thier fine the way they are

NobleIre
02-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Honestly, the graphics that i've seen aren't that bad. (better than i'd expected when first hearing about the game). So no, I don't think it's necessary.

mrsnow327
02-14-2011, 01:22 AM
i dont care much for grafics its fine the way it is

nocixel
02-15-2011, 03:45 PM
I'd be happy to wait for something with more polish.

If I'm going to become vested in this game, I want to believe it will be around a while. A lot of games out there are all vying for the same gamers. I don't want the community to dwindle away when the next shiny new toy comes along.

DeliCious
02-16-2011, 11:40 AM
I will take Gray and grim over Cartoony and fun. For an RTS Medieval 2 > Napoleon total war graphics imagine that.

szebus
02-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Not necessarily, look a WOW for instance. The most popular MMO and it's graphics are meh.

I'm not in to WoW, but a friend of mine is and I can tell you that the graphs from the last expansion, cataclysm, are way better then they were in WoW Vanilla. And guess what, now WoW din't even run on older machines on what the 1rs version rune smoothly.

To be back on topic, yes, I love the looking of DoF, only I would like it to run a little smoother and for having more cartoonish looking, I do enjoy cartoons.

Merku
02-16-2011, 03:18 PM
A graphical overhaul would be nice - but I find that good animating is preferable to good graphics alone. WoW I think provided a nice example of good animation; graphically it is stylized, but quite dated - yet it is still a nice world to look at.

Animations first, hard-graphics second.

Kaiserjoe
02-16-2011, 07:41 PM
It would be nice, depends on how much the graphics would be improved. Honestly I think they look fine as is for the type of game that this is. But two months isn't all that long, gives more time to Beta and bug hunt anyway.

acepilot23
02-16-2011, 09:42 PM
I'd take all the time in the world to have a great graphical game with great gameplay! :D

Kaos90
02-17-2011, 01:32 AM
Better graphics would not hurt but I would hate the wait