PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Narestel
07-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Greetings, ladies and gentlemen!

I've just discovered this web and I'm looking forward to testing the game as it looks awesome. Can you tell me when is a beta phase expected to be launched more or less?

And BTW, will the game be free, monthly payment, just one payment, or what?

Thanks in advance.

szebus
07-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

The game is a buy it then play it online for free in mmo mode but buy more contents eventually.

--- Added February 19, 2009
Q. Is the MMO portion of the game pay-to-play (monthly fee) or free-to-play (no monthly fee)?
A. There is no cost to play in MMORTS mode.

source (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509)

The beta is coming soon but...

In reply to the Question on Beta post.

Guys,

As I`m sure you have noticed that closed beta is still not here.:)

The publishing situation is keeping us behind schedule. As we can`t start testing product on large scale without a clear light from a publisher - and our publishing arrangements are still being finalized. We`ll inform you in the coming weeks once all of this is resolved. And hey we are not delaying things by months or years here, just weeks:)

I`m just glad we got the new website, screens and videos next week to make up for this delay.

Now, to answer most of your questions...

Beta testing will happen in 4 or 5 stages.

Closed Beta Stage 1 - we`ll begin by sending stripped down game client with updater tool and single-player skirmish to the first 50 testers. You`ll get a chance to play around with this for the first two weeks. During this phase we`ll be solving technical problems preventing people from starting the game, and other major crashes.

Closed Beta Stage 2 - will commence 2 weeks later. We`ll invite 50 additional testers, and send out a major update that will feature multiplayer skirmish mode. During stage 2 we`ll be fine tuning connectivity, chat and basics of player vs player gameplay. All 3 multilayer skirmish mods will be available, including team defense of huge capital fortresses.

Closed Beta Stage 3 - starts 3 weeks later. We might invite up to 100 additional testers (but this is unconfirmed.) We`ll send out another major update that will add MMORTS game mode with all early game content, including player vs player. But at this point we`ll disable singleplayer skirmish and multiplayer as we`ll need everyone playing MMORTS mode. We`ll do account reset every couple of days for the first 2 weeks. And once a week for the following 3 weeks.

Open Beta Stage 4 - comes 5 weeks later. From 500 to 1,000 additional testers will be invited, and only MMORTS will be featured. For the next 6 weeks we`ll be adding late game MMORTS content until Gold Master. There should be 2 or 3 server wipes.

Stress Test Stage 5 - is a good possibility once we hit Gold Master. We`ll invite up to 2,000 additional players to play MMORTS mode of the product for free for 2 weeks before the game becomes available in store. This will help us stress test the servers and hopefully we`ll get some players hooked. We might be able to allow Stage 5 player accounts to keep their progress once they upgrade to a full retail version.

source (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652)

Kire
07-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Welcome =) and dont forget to join sect =)

Narestel
07-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Ok, tyvm for the info and the welcome :)

jecjoker
07-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Im also new here:} And for the beta thing itd be nice if you peopel would allow some free keepers of the game such as forst 50-100 testers. I foro ne probly wont be able to afford the game due to supporting my mom and dad. *i am 15 but we are stil lpoor so i do help pay for gas and such*:rolleyes:

wou129
07-05-2009, 04:38 AM
welcome to the forums

Aametherar
07-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Welcome to the forums! Anyways I got money issues too jec, best we can do is hope that we'l be able to afford it at the time, although I doubt I will be able to. Anyways if not, it happens unfortunately we can't all be loaded in $$$ heh. Anyways they can't just give the game away for free, that's how you end up like us lol.

Darathor
07-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the forums, Narestel!

Kell Aset
07-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Welcome to the forums, You can find here quite a lot of info about DoF.

Konstantin Fomenko
07-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Talking about money issues...you guys won`t believe the hardship some of the development team went through a while back while we were still pure indie developer. Even now our paychecks are sparse:).

While we hope you guys will have fun with the beta, it looks like most of DoF content will be mmo base and require unique game key - purchasing the game.

With the current publishing deal we got going most of your hard earned $ spend on DoF will go directly towards paying for DoF2 production. So we hope you`ll find DoF beta entertaining enougth to buy the retail version.

But back on topic - welcome to our forums.

zach12wqasxz
07-05-2009, 11:53 PM
hello and welcome . i hope you get all the info you want from these forums......