View Full Version : DoF mini client doesnt work
04-14-2013, 02:01 PM
I downloaded the 2.3gb one 1st and it said it was corrupt so i downloaded the mini client.
It installs a DLL and DoFPatcher but when i click DoF patcher it does not do anything.
I have restarted my computer too to see if that works but it does not.
Help :( i wanna use Test in the editor
04-14-2013, 02:06 PM
and also with Run in administrator
04-14-2013, 02:11 PM
And also, it works on my laptop but not on my Computer.
both windows 7 64 bit.
04-15-2013, 05:05 AM
Any error messages? Is it crashing or freezing?
It's possible your Firewall or antivirus on your computer is blocking the connection.
Maybe try adding the Dawn of Fantasy updater/patcher as an exception.
Also look for an updater-log.txt in the install directory, that might provide us with some answers.
Here's a post for a similar issue that might help:
So Updater basically crashes once you enter the CD key? If so try the following steps
1) make sure you restart the computer - if you haven`t this could cause that.
2) Disable Anti Virus and Firewall - and if that works set DofUpdater.exe as exception
3) When you start the updater, try to right click - and Start as Administrator (or Run as Administrator)
4) Try installing C runtime libraries. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
5) Try getting the latest .Net Framework (free download, just google it)
6) Lets try uninstall one more time, but this time also removing temp updater files:
a.) Go to your user directory (C:\Users\Your User Name Here) with 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' enabled (see here for details), the folder AppData should appear.
b.) Navigate from your user directory to AppData, and then to Local. For more instruction, see:
Windows 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCXZdOf06Y
Windows XP: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Application_data_folder_in_windows_xp
Windows Vista: http://techqa.wordpress.com/2008/08/24/appdata-folder-in-windows-vista/
c.) There should be a folder named DoFUpdater there, delete it.
04-15-2013, 05:38 AM
it had none of those. But i downloaded it on my laptop and transfered it :) still won't load up DoF directly (does from editor)
vBulletin® v3.6.4, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.