PDA

View Full Version : on the scale of 1-100% how close is it to the realease date???

darath
06-30-2009, 10:33 AM
i have been looking at this game for years and still no concrete realese date,is it nearly done??

Alex Walz
06-30-2009, 10:49 AM
The game is scheduled for completion this January but Reverie can't give a specific date as it is up to the publisher and whether or not they receive funding to revamp the graphics. Konstantin said that the game *should* be released in February 2010 or, if they do receive the necessary funding, April 2010.

darath
06-30-2009, 11:01 AM
the more time they take the more they will have to "revamp" it as game tech is constantly improving

szebus
06-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Even if the game will be finished in feb 2010 or apr 2010, they have promised some beta tests for those who are active members and are willing to contribute with what a community can.

Jean=A=Luc
06-30-2009, 12:06 PM
on the scale of 1-100% how close is it to the realease date???

So if I say this game is 57% close to the release, what exactly does that mean?

Honestly I couldn't stand being a game developer, having to be nice and "constructive" all the time, taking care not to **** off the community fearing they might not buy my game if I did. They'd probably have to restrain me from just machine-gunning the whole lot.

And the horrible thing is it never ends. Whichever mod/game forum you go to the same pointless question is perpetuated ad infinitum. It's like some Hell forged eternal hamster wheel of stupidity and the hamster never gets tired.

Maybe our short life span is at fault, death nullifies all that we've learned and the new generations start all over asking the same things, making the same nonsensical statements...*sigh*

Someone post me a Picard facepalm please.

/rant

Darathor
06-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Really, how far away is 1%? I don't know how to answer that question, but as mentioned above they said the release date is around February 2010 or slightly later.

szebus
06-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Better close this one before I got depressed. :eek:

zach12wqasxz
06-30-2009, 01:29 PM
this game should take the world record for longest game in development. but still this game isnt coming out for a while so it is pretty pointless to post stuff about it because well probably never get a solid release date untill there a week away from releasing it.

Aametherar
06-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Just sit back and chill guys, picard only has to palms to shove in his face, you're demanding 4 on this one...I'm fine with 1 thread but this is #2, #2 is bad! #2 is EVIL! #2 is going to get...

The_Biz
06-30-2009, 02:44 PM
it will probably get "delayed" again

Aametherar
06-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Oh chill lol, it's not like blackshot*

*which for those who don't know not only is still "delayed" (for about a year now) but the publishers have shown that they lie about information and to be honest I think it's gonna fall through.

frankein_fish
06-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Here ya go jean

http://www.scienceblogs.de/frischer-wind/picard-facepalm.jpg
(might be a bit big, sry 'bout that)

Jean=A=Luc
06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks. :) It's not too big, it needs to be relatively large in order to bring out Jean-Luc's intellectual yet tormented forehead.

Puppeteer
06-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Honestly I couldn't stand being a game developer, having to be nice and "constructive" all the time, taking care not to **** off the community fearing they might not buy my game if I did. They'd probably have to restrain me from just machine-gunning the whole lot.
Heh, I thought being a moderator was hard enough, developers' have it tough.

Aametherar
06-30-2009, 04:34 PM
True, but devs get paid, plus they get the extra cool bonus of getting to make what they want...til the publishers step in of course :P. Ok yeah while being a dev does have it's perks the stress level is i'm sure hell at times.

Puppeteer
06-30-2009, 04:35 PM
I bet they write out 'colourful' replies, then close the page instead of posting it. I know I do...

Jean=A=Luc
06-30-2009, 07:26 PM
True, but devs get paid, plus they get the extra cool bonus of getting to make what they want...til the publishers step in of course :P. Ok yeah while being a dev does have it's perks the stress level is i'm sure hell at times.

It's mostly the publishers who get paid. With all the pressure and the hours you need to put in I doubt it's worth it to be a game developer purely for the money (unless you're working for Blizzard). A dev's greatest reward most likely comes from the creative process rather than financial gain. As I said, unless you really like developing games it's not worth doing although one would argue that if you don't like making games you shouldn't be doing it in the first place, and they'd be right.

The_Biz
06-30-2009, 08:13 PM
some game developers do get paid a lot of money for the work they do

Aametherar
06-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Can you guess the key word in there? I'll give you a hint..."some"

Jean=A=Luc
06-30-2009, 09:13 PM
some game developers do get paid a lot of money for the work they do

I thought I had already mentioned Blizzard. :p They have the luxury of being their own publisher so they can develop games however they want however long they want, it's every game developer's wet dream.

Stardock has it pretty sweet too but they do other things except game development. Tbh, I've no idea how they manage it without a WoW-like source of income. I'm still hoping they'll be Reverie's publisher. :)

Aametherar
06-30-2009, 09:18 PM
No they don't and aren't. Very few are, I could name some but bliz nubs aren't on that list. Vivendi owns em.

Jean=A=Luc
06-30-2009, 09:32 PM
No they don't and aren't. Very few are, I could name some but bliz nubs aren't on that list. Vivendi owns em.

Arg, forgot about Vivendi. /face slap/ Still, they seem to leave them alone, you practically never hear about Vivendi when it comes to Blizz games. Even the post merger name is Activision-Blizzard not Activision-Vivendi, they seem content to just sit back and let the cash roll in without interfering. Whether you like Blizzard or not, they have it pretty good considering most dev studios are constantly raped by their publishers.

Although who knows what happens internally.

The_Biz
07-01-2009, 10:54 PM
blizzard developers actually don't get paid as much as you'd think. they're just employees. the company is publicly traded. most of that money goes somewhere else (executives, investors, paying for guitar hero commercials, recovering for activisions yearly losses, etc.)

wills370
08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
blizzard developers actually don't get paid as much as you'd think. they're just employees. the company is publicly traded. most of that money goes somewhere else (executives, investors, paying for guitar hero commercials, recovering for activisions yearly losses, etc.)

Its a real shame to be hounest. But i guess they get the bonus of doing the job they love. And not some 9-5. Or in my care. 9-9 :( bar work sucks.

Anyways didnt know activisions lossses were that bad :O

LiTos456
08-28-2009, 04:31 PM
I really think people should stop making these stupid threads. If there's no release date, just wait until you get one. Are you gonna run to Crysis 2 forums begging for release date? No, you can't do that, just wait.
Sorry for being mean, it's just pointless waste of mysql storage for god's sake.

Aametherar
08-28-2009, 04:34 PM
~pops a few downers into litos's drink~

sneaky_squirrel
08-28-2009, 05:26 PM
*comes in and snatches lito's drink*

God I was thirsty :D...I'm not feeling too well...

The Witch King of Angmar
08-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Look at the 1,000,000+ other topics on the release date. This thread is pointless. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOPIC CLOSED.