PDA

View Full Version : Patch # 1.5.1 - Major Step Forward

Konstantin Fomenko
04-11-2013, 06:20 PM
We are happy to present one of our biggest patches - 1.5.1. Fixing incredible number of issues including most instances of lost progress and annoying Out of sync issues; as well as reworking Orcish race unit training and countless other fixes and additions. We plan to follow up with another major patch this Sunday and the following week - doing everything possible to have the game in top shape by the end of April. At that point we plan to switch to adding new content - such as guilds, magic and much, much more.

Patch # 1.5.1

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
-Greatly reduced number of Out of Sync errors in PvP and CoOp
-New PvP protection system for new towns - with 12 hours timer
-Redesigned Orc Grand Hut, Goblin Tent and Warg Pen with a new manual unit order system
-Fixed unit production issues with Orcs spawning unlimited units, or nothing at all
-Fixed unit production bug with unlimited unit spawn for all races
-Fixed rare instance of newly purchased units, or crowns not saving
-Fixed rare issue with logging out or exiting game not saving progress

:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Fixed a bug with Elven NPC town sieges, with AI reinforcement cinematic breaking level and causing unit loss
-Fixed a bug with NPC town diplomacy screen showing Homeland button on return to town
-Profile picture is now properly centered in the profile window
-Units producing in buildings now remembered on reload and can be canceled
-Buildings now display a progress percentage for unit production
-Achievements unlocked while in PvP or in CoOp now also provide a wealth reward
-Fixed NPC Town Sieges Quests - not progressing if done in CoOp

:::::Balance Adjustments:::::
-Reduced self-healing rates for Heroes and Dragons. Fixes OP heroes and Dragons
-Changed starting diplomacy with NPC towns for new players
-Greatly increased Gold Decay on amounts over 500,000 gold
-All levels now give 60 pop limit, to allow building siege e.t.c
-Increases stamina of all human units by 50%
-Dragon pierce resistances limit increased to 80%
-Gates are more resistant to melee attacks now
-Reduced Beserker attack, defense, hit points, as well as turtle formation stats
-Removed Enfilade ability from Marauder, more button space
-Orc Wargs now cost food to produce
-Leveling up Grand Hut greatly increases spawn rates. Increased upgrade price.
-Orc Buildings will slowly repair themselves, labourers can also repair buildings
-Mill Wheat takes longer time to regrow after being burned
-Elven Gold income decreased - 25% less income from Alchemy lab, increased price for Symbiosis resources
-Relaxed Co-Op partner search to allow 50% to 200% strength difference

LazyBrit
04-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Brilliant work!, Can't wait for the new content :p

ZvonimirG
04-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Great work!

Nice to see that you are fixing most common (and annoying) bugs and issues.

Keep up the good work. :)

bandor
04-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Do alchemy labs still use gold to make gold?
They didn't really seem to be working all that well before because they cost almost as much as they made.

Konstantin Fomenko
04-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Alchemy labs no longer deduct resources, we just need to update their tooltips...

CallofButy
04-11-2013, 06:31 PM
How long is the server going to be down for the patch??

Konstantin Fomenko
04-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Steam users can login already. These who use official client - in 5 minutes.

Laradon
04-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Sadly no fixes i was looking for, well maybe they are just not inside the notes

Suppoko
04-11-2013, 06:39 PM
What does the 12 hour timer mean? You only have 12 hours until you are allowed to be attacked no matter what?

Konstantin Fomenko
04-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Yes - these 12 hours is actual play time, so you can take a week to get through this. Also tomorrow we are adding secondary thing - that also requires players to complete wooden walls as well as for the timer to run out.

Suppoko
04-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Is there an in-game timer that will be visible to let you know?

Konstantin Fomenko
04-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Only for players who are just starting.

Hi11Zone
04-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Amazing patch as always, so many fixes i can't wait for path finding :)

CallofButy
04-11-2013, 06:56 PM
It keeps saying incorrect client version, what should i do to correct it?

ZvonimirG
04-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Try this:

Right click on Dawn of Fantasy name in your library, and select Properties
Switch to Updates tab, and select - Always keep this game up to date
If it still doesn`t work turn Steam completely off and restart

Laradon
04-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Hey there i found a little flaw in your Patch. It has to do with the Berserker unit. The stat nerf is okay, but if you compare the 2 formations the berserker unit has, you will notice sthg.

Battle stand
15 -1.5 40% slash 40% blunt 20/20/0 -30% move

Turtle stand

20 -2.0 -50% slash - 50% blunt 20/20/20 -40% move

so are you actually believing someone will sacrifice so much damage, more energy use and slower movement just for 20 extra pierce protection? Maybe those -% on damage werent intended on turtle stand?

unstoppable
04-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Are you guys planning on resetting skill points for our dragons

I see that the health would take 25 points to get to 125 hp/s, gaining at 5hp/s, and after training another dragon he recieved 3hp/s for a level, I see how that would seem fair to you guys. But you also gave the ability to raise piercing to 80%, my dragon is already level 60, and I would gladly give much of my health to get that extra 60% resistance.

So please give us the option to reset our points

kingfish
04-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Any chance at me getting my 10 experience points back on my hero? Seems crappy that hero's created now will be more powerful than mine. Ten points can make a huge difference if applied correctly.

*edit*
Nevermind, I see what you did. ;) It's all good.

Kiros
04-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Thanks a bunch for throwing in some unit balancing. I was scared to do PvP with the rampaging zerker hordes.

vicious666
04-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Hey there i found a little flaw in your Patch. It has to do with the Berserker unit. The stat nerf is okay, but if you compare the 2 formations the berserker unit has, you will notice sthg.

Battle stand
15 -1.5 40% slash 40% blunt 20/20/0 -30% move

Turtle stand

20 -2.0 -50% slash - 50% blunt 20/20/20 -40% move

so are you actually believing someone will sacrifice so much damage, more energy use and slower movement just for 20 extra pierce protection? Maybe those -% on damage werent intended on turtle stand?

Awesome patch expecial for pvp, orc fix dragon/heroes fix and co-op sayng that :

I now he exagerated the balance/nerf (is a long list over 100 balancement are on his desk so there is a margin for errors)

This are the original value i gave to him :

Battle stand
15 stamina -2,0 stamina/sec +30% slash +30% pierce +15% slash res +15%
crush res - 20% speed

Turtle stand:
20 stamina cost -2 stamina/sec - 20% slash dmg -20% crush dmg, +25%
slash res +25% crush res +25% pierce res -20% movement
Reduce theyr basic dmg from 160 to 140 (he did 120 but tbh he did good here)

I sent him a mail and a pm, to use this values, since now the testudo formation is completely useless , nobody will use it wich such dmg penalty and low gain, also the hp nerf not was included in the balancement, so probably he gonna reverse it, but regards dmg since they reach easly 750 with charge, probably we need to lower or the effect of the charge skill from +100% slash dmg to +70%

Regards hp nerf probably we gonna reduce it or remove it, since we are boosting foot knights from 15 to 20 for batallion and the stats of the sentry.

there is also an incoming rebalance for SLAYERS for theyr Cover ability :

FIX : Reduce efectiveness of cover ability

TO : 40 stamina +25% slash res +10% crush res + 25% pierce res

This way in battle formation they will reach anyway a good 85% slash res 70% crush res 85% pierce res (wich is equal to humans swordsman wich is their natural counter-part , sentry from elves are getting boosted and theyr dmg type changed a bit for balance theyr role wich is the same of slayers and swordsmans)

pretty much Slayers tank more than the others like but they do also less dmg compared to Swordsmans and even more compared to Sentry, Swordsman do more dmg (+10% then Slayers) but tank 10% less, Sentry do more dmg+20% compared to slayers they have more mobility but tank 25% less

Regards dragon reset yeah i already made the request for a total reset for all dragons, i have 7 dragons lev 60 and cant upgrade theyr res :)

lumdultheunholy
04-13-2013, 01:02 PM
What was the reasoning behind removing the Enfilade ability from mauraders?

Btw the button for it still exists as an ability

icelord2
04-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Is it possible for Patches to get their own sub forum somewhere or their own web page on the site. so they are all listed somewhere instead of in Main Square. the patches can get lost really easy there and it would be nice to be able to see all the patch post in one place. It may also be valuable to see the patch notes on Steam Product Update news as well :)

Brian Shingles
04-14-2013, 10:00 AM
We'll look at adding the notes to Steam Product Update news - it's been mentioned to Kon (who puts out the updates), so hopefully he'll start doing it from the next patch.

A sub-forum for patch notes also makes sense.

icelord2
04-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Thank you for quick reply and keep up the good work