PDA

View Full Version : Crash after selecting Kingdom

darklegends8
04-11-2013, 02:10 AM
After logging into online kingdom, and selecting my first one that I haven't touched in a while, it crashes about halfway through loading. However, I tried making a new one and that one loaded without issues.

Xsage
04-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Sounds like its corrupt in some way, Have you tried validating your game files?

darklegends8
04-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Validated the files, didn't help, it was a fresh install of the game anyway.

darklegends8
04-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Wow.. this game is so buggy, did a fresh install, now it crashes as soon as I press play on steam. Going to install again, wonder where it'll crash this time.

ZvonimirG
04-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Wait for DEV to look at this. Also, maybe it would be helpful to post your PC specs. Update your drivers and stuff like that.

Jester0311
04-11-2013, 03:01 PM
C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\dof
delete following files then run game again. This will create a new profile.
interfacedata.dat
local_saved_data

new ones will be generated at runtime.
Your saved unsername and password will not be remembered so you will have to check the Remember box again at login.

Make sure your AV/Firewall is not interfering with your download/install as well.

darklegends8
04-12-2013, 01:48 AM
Didn't help, still crashes

Jester0311
04-12-2013, 08:02 AM
You can try forcing it in your profile.
C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\dof\interfacedata.da t (open with notepad)
InterfaceData["CurrentCityName"]="Castratikon"
where mine says Castratikon put your city's name of which you are having the issue.
towards the bottom of that file you will also see
InterfaceData["CurrentCity"]=4
where mine says 4 replace with the number representing the slot your city is in at the city selection menu. 1-4 (1 top to 4 bottom)
if that does not work then email support and ask for a roll back on the city name. I guessing there are some additions or parameters that have changed since that city was created.