PDA

View Full Version : Dof.exe Runtime Crash

Makaze
04-06-2013, 10:51 PM
I've only been playing a couple of days but the first two or so I had a couple of freezes but I would just force quit and log back in. The past 24 hrs or so I've started getting Dof.exe runtime crashes...not sure why but its been happening a few times a day.

Any ideas on what can be done to fix this (if it's a known issue)?

Thanks in advance,

-Makaze

CarlR
04-07-2013, 02:28 AM
ya, i've suddenly had this 4 times now today so far and the last 2 days i think only maybe once... this is getting annoying

Makaze
04-07-2013, 02:41 AM
Two more Dof.exe runtime crashes since this post. They seem to be getting worse. Happens mostly on the random battles when you zoom into your army.

-Makaze

CarlR
04-07-2013, 03:35 AM
Yep, happening more frequently to me too tonight i dont know wtf is going on... Heres the latest 3 logs, by the time stamp you can see the latest three happened basically within an hour of each other

P.S. i decided to add the other 2 logs (4&5) anyway since they might help somehow

Jester0311
04-11-2013, 07:51 PM
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=78133&postcount=6

Folks above is linked a solution i believe will square yall away. Seen this several times so far its 5/5 on runtime errors. Usually happens after a patch or a "abnormal" disconnect, profile corruption is common.

Cyrusbm
05-08-2013, 06:22 AM
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=78133&postcount=6

Folks above is linked a solution i believe will square yall away. Seen this several times so far its 5/5 on runtime errors. Usually happens after a patch or a "abnormal" disconnect, profile corruption is common.

and what if this does not fix the problem? which has gotten so bad that any time I run the game for more than maybe 5-10 minutes it crashes, but only when playing online kingdoms, the single player has been unaffected so far. I deleted both suggested files but interfacedata.dat does not seem to regenerate after running the game again, which is my assumption to be part of the problem. Suggestions?

p.s. I also noticed that even after deleting the files when I go to log in I DO NOT have to re-enter the log in information.

Konstantin Fomenko
05-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Cyrusbm,

I would also recomend starting a new town - to see if you get any of these frequent crashes there. This would help us narrow it down - if it`s something wrong with your game/pc or something in your main town going off.

Cyrusbm
05-08-2013, 08:50 AM
I did start a new town (elves) and the crash isn't as frequent as my original (human) town but has occurred while logging out

Btw all this started after last update had no problems prepatch

Another possibly unrelated issue is a quest in my human town to hunt down a dragon in my estate using a provided dragonslayer, neither the dragon nor slayer can be located anywhere on the map that I can find.