PDA

View Full Version : This game........

DTACFrostfire
04-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Despite a few bugs (im orc i don't have as many as other people), this game is highly attictive. Been playing 2 days now and i am earning 50+ crowns a hour.

If this game was out 10 years ago i would not be playing ANY other game (or running my game community).

9.5/10 Guys!

Parallax
04-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Question.. xD

How are you getting 50+ an hour after 2 days?

I'v been doing some of the quests..they don't seem to give THAT many and i'm not really into pvp..so I don't really want any part of that for a long time if ever.

Sunleader
04-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Easiest way to Obtain Crowns is PvP

Now that Playerbase has increased properly having 100s of players online at the same time you can find Battles easily.
(even tough they need to icnrease the Server or finally fix Pathfinding ^^ the lag is not game breaking yet but very annoying ^^ tough I expectet this when Steam went on ^^)

So making a Battle every 5-10 minutes is very easy.
Each giving Crowns dependent on Army Power

At the same time in 2 Days its usually possible to Build up your basic Economy and your Army Facilitys.
Means you can Produce lvl 5 troops quiet fast and thus create PvP Armys easily.
(Dawn of Fantasy encourages PvP after all so the replacement of lost Armys in PvP is very fast and easy)

Means you can Battle out and gain Crowns pretty fast now.

Of course therese also traditional PVE Methods.
Sieging Major Citys gains you crowns.
Questing gains you Crowns.
Or just Farming Gold and Converting it to Crowns works fine.

I for example are pretty much entangled into livestock trading :P
I am Human in Rolling Plains so I make Food like Crazy ^^
I Build Sheeps and Cows in my Hometown at my lvl 5 Barn then move em to the NPC Citys and sell em.
Then Train my whole Population full of Sheeps and Cows again and Convert the Excess Gold
usually I get about 10 Crowns per Shipment.
tough I only make about 30 Crowns per Hour this way
so its still slower then PvP
tough its also less risky ^^

DTACFrostfire
04-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Question.. xD

How are you getting 50+ an hour after 2 days?

I'v been doing some of the quests..they don't seem to give THAT many and i'm not really into pvp..so I don't really want any part of that for a long time if ever.

Do quests mate, i do mine quick :D + i get a load of resources so i sell them and i got alot of gold producing every minute :) all adds up.

Parallax
04-06-2013, 09:59 PM
So you make like...80+ sheep/cows, wait till they fatten? Or they worth money right away?
Then sell em, repeat?

Just trying to find ways to make some fast gold, after i get some upgrades I might try the pvp, but for now..its difficult with no crowns .-.

DTACFrostfire
04-06-2013, 10:09 PM
So you make like...80+ sheep/cows, wait till they fatten? Or they worth money right away?
Then sell em, repeat?

Just trying to find ways to make some fast gold, after i get some upgrades I might try the pvp, but for now..its difficult with no crowns .-.

I'm orc :) and i have like 7 Dwarf Miners :)

Parallax
04-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Well i'm avoiding questing alot atm, because i'm not sure when the protection ends..so far i think it ends after a certain quest or after you build a wall.

I'm not looking to get involved with PvP for a long time..and getting sacked every time i'm online isn't to fun of an idea either...

So could anyone tell me when the "small city" protection ends?

Arakus
04-06-2013, 10:51 PM
So could anyone tell me when the "small city" protection ends?

I have the same question, it would be nice if someone can tell us when the starter protection ends.

DTACFrostfire
04-06-2013, 11:14 PM
I have the same question, it would be nice if someone can tell us when the starter protection ends.

It ends when you got to a certain point in the quest line / you have built your walls. I thought i heard some1 say theres a 2 day protection but i do not know.

Parallax
04-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Well, its been more than 2 days for me, and i haven't been brutally raped and farmed for any resources i have, so it must be a quest/build wall limiter.

my brain hurts so bad just trying to micro-manage the economy in this game...At points its fun..But trying to find an effective method atm is proving to be a headache starter..

So far i'm just farming and mass selling stone at towns, then this other guy was talking about farming cows..and im trying to figure out how he does it, like do the animals need to be "fattened" to sell or are they same price all around and how does he maintain the food income...

I'd suspect he let the cow trickle in food till it fattens then sell, or he uses mills with peasants..
Just all this thinking hurts.. .-.

DTACFrostfire
04-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Parallax have a look at my stream http://www.twitch.tv/dtacgaming , you could pick up on how to be better or not its up to you :)

Zyfer
04-07-2013, 08:58 AM
fix path-finding and servers and i am more sold than i am already(might be bad, might be good :D) playing it non-stop and this is a great game really, i'm glad it got on steam :)