PDA

View Full Version : Flying Units

Sharku
08-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Ok this thread is two part.

First i would like to know if there will be any other flying units besides Dragons in game. For instance Human Gryphons or something. I think that would make for some awesome arial battles.

Second, from my experience in B4ME (which this game is what we thought it would be) flying units like the Nazgul, the Eagles, and the Dragon were either overpowered in armor and attack or easily killable by archers and heroes. This was made worse by the fact that they had a horrible time turning. How does DoF plan to approach flying units while making them useful but not to over-powered?

SPARROW94
08-01-2007, 10:53 AM
maybe a flying unit for each faction

Sharku
08-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Yea that would be cool to see some variety like that. Then again it could just be the Dragons advantage over the other factions.

SPARROW94
08-01-2007, 11:05 AM
but atleats humans, elvs, orcs might stand up for a fight

Sharku
08-01-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm sure the elves will, they've got those ballistas and probably some awesome ranged units. Humans are so-so and Orcs are just sitting ducks.

SPARROW94
08-01-2007, 11:12 AM
how dare you make fun of my fav faction

Sharku
08-01-2007, 11:13 AM
how dare you make fun of my fav factionWasn't making fun, just stating a fact lol. I guess if they decide to give Ogres rock throw they'd be able to attack better. Really whats gonna hurt more against a dragon, a teansy lil arrow or a big a$$ boulder!

SPARROW94
08-01-2007, 11:17 AM
well maybe i like dragons better because THEY BREATH FIRE muggagagagaga

Morgan Milliea
08-01-2007, 01:56 PM
IF dragons were to be the only flying units maybe outher faction should have an dragon hunter archer.

jap88
08-01-2007, 02:03 PM
I'd assume Dragons would be the only airborne units, but i'd also assume that ranged units would be highly effective against them.

Darvin
08-01-2007, 03:38 PM
While I don't want to see flight trivialized in a fantasy setting like it was in the Warcraft universe, it would be nice to see a bit of variety in the skies between all the factions.

Alexander Flegler
08-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I'd assume Dragons would be the only airborne units, but i'd also assume that ranged units would be highly effective against them.
That's quite correct ;)

Ambiguous 17
08-01-2007, 04:02 PM
air born units for every group just wouldent cool cuz then it would be useless to be dragons

The Witch King of Angmar
08-04-2007, 11:56 AM
air born units for every group just wouldent cool cuz then it would be useless to be dragons

Yeah except they would have an advantage in flight.

Joseph Visscher
08-12-2007, 12:36 AM
You you trully know me in bfme2, you'll know in a few minutes after release of the game i will have a mod with flying lazer cows raining death lazer beams on everything across the map.
If you think im joking then there is somthing wrong with you.

jk lol. I would think dragons are the only thing that can fly. but its my opinion that dragons should be limited in flying due to there size. the way the nazgul and egles in bfme's was dumb, in reality dragons would not be able to go up and down super fast again and again, maybe ( or hopefuly in my opinion) we will add a stamina to dragons so they can only fly for like 90 seconds or so, or have a limit of takeoffs and claw attacks. Still A dragon just being able to jump over a castle wall will be extremely devestating alone. ;)

jap88
08-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Great...looks like i'm going to have giant dragons flying over my uber walls only to render them useless... Crossbowmen for the win.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-12-2007, 12:17 PM
You you trully know me in bfme2, you'll know in a few minutes after release of the game i will have a mod with flying lazer cows raining death lazer beams on everything across the map.
If you think im joking then there is somthing wrong with you.

jk lol. I would think dragons are the only thing that can fly. but its my opinion that dragons should be limited in flying due to there size. the way the nazgul and egles in bfme's was dumb, in reality dragons would not be able to go up and down super fast again and again, maybe ( or hopefuly in my opinion) we will add a stamina to dragons so they can only fly for like 90 seconds or so, or have a limit of takeoffs and claw attacks. Still A dragon just being able to jump over a castle wall will be extremely devestating alone. ;)

Cool. As you level dragons up they should be able to fly longer times.

SPARROW94
08-18-2007, 09:18 PM
wow i would hate to hear srupid 8-year olds on this game complaining about my jumping walls gawd there so annoying

The Witch King of Angmar
08-19-2007, 05:55 PM
wow i would hate to hear srupid 8-year olds on this game complaining about my jumping walls gawd there so annoying

I've never had that issue before.

Ndition
08-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Won't there be any problem with ninja dragon jumps into your castle/stronghold/city, I mean I would get ****ed off if that happened to me :P

The Witch King of Angmar
08-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Won't there be any problem with ninja dragon jumps into your castle/stronghold/city, I mean I would get ****ed off if that happened to me :P

I wouldn't because that would be my ninja dragon destroying your stuff. Muahahahaha! Lol jk. :D