PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Client version

RsShadow
04-06-2013, 04:20 AM
Hi Konstantin :D,

I have all of a sudden a problem with logging in to my game that has nothing to do with password etc.. Up until this morning I could log-in from my laptop or my pc. On my pc I have windows xp which makes the game bumpy and my laptop has windows 7 which makes it smooth sailing. Also on my pc I have Steam for my other games - Skyrim - and of course, being nosy as I am, I installed DoF on steam as well and here is the problem now.. I tried to play my game on my laptop now and it keeps on telling me "Incorrect Client Version" What does it mean and if it has something to do with Steam then how can I uninstall it from Steam. I prefer it the way it was before Steam because I like the hands on thing as well as reading your notes...
Please help?? ::(

RsShadow
04-06-2013, 04:52 AM
Hi Konstantin,
Do not worry to answer.. Problem solved and thanks for all the hard work your Devs are doing.:D

mcgintis
04-06-2013, 10:49 AM
How did you fix this issue? I am currently uninstalling and reinstalling.

Sarth
04-06-2013, 01:56 PM
also having this issue. How did you fix it?

RsShadow
04-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi mc...
It was actually very easy. I have 2 internet connection - 1 slow ADSL line and 1 fast Netman. Normally I use the Netman with my laptop and for some reason it caused that error (not for the first time..lol) While waiting for an answer I thought of trying the fixed line (ADSL) and voila.. it installed the updates and into my game I go. Hope this is helpful to you.:D

Brian Shingles
04-06-2013, 05:01 PM
The "Incorrect Client Version" generally indicates that there has been an update that to the game that you do not have.

If Steam is not auto updating the game please follow these instructions

Right click on Dawn of Fantasy name in your library, and select Properties
Switch to Updates tab, and select - Always keep this game up to date
If it still doesn`t work turn Steam completely off and restart

We'll be updating the game several times in these first few weeks, so if you are not auto-updating you may have to manually update several times.