PDA

View Full Version : A number of bugs I've encountered

Atranox
04-06-2013, 02:18 AM
1. The Steam manual (http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/...f?t=1364835474) says I should be able to right-click to walk or right-click to attack enemy units. However, I always have to double-right-click to issue any commands to units. Unsure if this is a bug or an intended change - though it would be nice to single click instead of always double. Note that single-clicking on the mini-map works, but not on the actual terrain. If it's intended to function this way - would it be possible to allow us to rebind these keys?

2. The pierce armor on my Ogres keeps resetting. I purchased the pierce armor upgrade from the building and also leveled up agility a few times (until it was greyed-out). This gave my Ogres anywhere from 30-40% pierce resist. However, after restarting the game their pierce armor is now 15% and agility cannot be leveled any more.

3. With dual monitors, I cannot scroll the screen to the right using edge-pan with my mouse. When I move my mouse to the right, it moves out-of-game and onto my second monitor. I can scroll in the other directions and pan the camera, but I need to use the D key on my keyboard to move right. Other RTS games constrain the cursor to the game window when full-screen, so it would be nice for that to occur here as well.

4. Unit commands seem very inconsistent. When issuing attack-move orders, sometimes units will walk past enemies while being attacked. When clicking directly on an enemy to attack, sometimes half of the group will attack the unit and the other half will go stand in the location where the target was when you issued the command. Additionally, when attacking, half of a ranged unit group will attack while the other half will stand in the back doing nothing. This occurs very frequently with Orc Marauders for me.

5. Ranged units often are very buggy. For example, in a siege yesterday, my Marauders were very buggy and inefficient. A sizable portion of them were actually shooting arrows backwards towards nothing, while others were shooting arrows straight up that were barely making it even halfway towards the enemy. I have had this occur very frequently.

6. I am having trouble getting Laborers to repair Huts. Generally about 4-5 of the units will go repair it, and the rest will stand around. After a few minutes, they stop repairing and just stand there. I had to demolish a few Huts (and a Goblin tent) and rebuild them from scratch because they would not repair. I did have enough wood stored to handle repairs.

7. The sound settings don't seem to function properly. Even with both music and sound effects set to 1/10, other aspects of the audio are ear-piercing when wearing headphones. I use the Windows 7 volume mixer to adjust the volume even lower, but it resets each time I restart the game.

8. I have been able to walk straight through Elf Palisade walls without damaging or destroying them in sieges and in quests.

InsidiousAngel
04-07-2013, 12:27 PM
I have the same issue with what you are describing with item 3.

"3. With dual monitors, I cannot scroll the screen to the right using edge-pan with my mouse. When I move my mouse to the right, it moves out-of-game and onto my second monitor. I can scroll in the other directions and pan the camera, but I need to use the D key on my keyboard to move right. Other RTS games constrain the cursor to the game window when full-screen, so it would be nice for that to occur here as well."

Also I have an issue under Windows 8 64-bit, when exiting the game and trying to restart it again, it generates an error stating the app is already running. Only fix I hae found so far is rebooting my system.

Atranox
04-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Found another bug that I've encountered. I always keep 5-6 catapults in my army, but every time I enter a PvP siege it only gives me 2 catapults. The other 3-4 simply get lost. They aren't difficult to rebuild, so I don't mind it in that regard...but it has essentially cost me 3 sieges (and the crowns I could have potentially earned) today since I lose my most valuable tool.

Joseph Visscher
04-08-2013, 11:55 AM
I've Added this entire thread to me to do list. Some of these issues will be addressed down the road shortly, we need to vastly improve User interface.