PDA

View Full Version : Rangers ranges reset

DanielLuck
04-05-2013, 12:06 PM
the ranges on 16 units of my rangers (1 x level 20, 15 x level 7) just suddenly got reset to 750...

what the hell?

i mean... i gotta give credit where its due, great game, im addicted, but...

this game has more freakin bugs than EVERY SINGLE other game i ever played, including the BETA stage games ive played! hell, more than the pre-alpha stage game i played too!

i mean, seriously?
units getting stuck in water, a pathfinding system so terrible it makes me want to kill myself when i see some people running in circles around another group, repeatedly, endlessly, for no reason, or going in an entire circle around an out of the way group then moving on, and... units just suddenly having their stats reset... i mean.... seriously o.O
and also, the max i could get my level 20 rangers ranges to, was around 1400 roughly, but im told others have got it to 2900-3000, via putting everything into range... but i wasnt allowed to do that? on mine, the skill option things grey out after a certain point?
also... what the hell is up with the resource bar? that thing NEVER shows what your true resource income is, ever.

anyway, love the game, its great fun, but damn if it dont need some work.

Zvonzi
04-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Developers are currently working on fix for bunch of already known bugs and issues, so just be patient - they will get fixed.

About stats reset - have you tried log out-log back in? Maybe that'll help.

DanielLuck
04-05-2013, 12:38 PM
tried a couple times, no luck, turns out, it also completely reset my lvl 20 ranger units attack power too >_>

Zvonzi
04-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Then i'm not sure. We'll have to wait DEV to see this. In meantime, be sure to post your log file here. :)

DanielLuck
04-05-2013, 12:45 PM
posted all 5 just incase lol

Zvonzi
04-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Great. I'm sure DEVs will check it asap.

Brian Shingles
04-05-2013, 04:21 PM
It looks like the Rangers acquired more skill points than they should have, so a function was run to remove all upgrades and return the correct amount of skill points for re-allocation.

I have a hunch about what is causing them to get excess skill points, so I'll look into.

DanielLuck
04-06-2013, 06:15 AM
i didnt get any skill points back though, they are just stuck at this level with no skill points an crummy stats, also, my level 20 rangers didnt lose their ammo upgrades.... those are still same?

i think that function is broken lol

Ithilieninho
04-06-2013, 07:41 AM
i didnt get any skill points back though, they are just stuck at this level with no skill points an crummy stats, also, my level 20 rangers didnt lose their ammo upgrades.... those are still same?

i think that function is broken lol

Same happened to me, and as the rangers are my primary units my army is set back a lot...

They used to have a range of 1,350

Also, I didn't notice the rangers getting more skill points than other units. Three for each level for all units. If anything, the rangers are harder to level up.

DanielLuck
04-06-2013, 07:57 AM
same here, 3 per level, no issue

could it be, that, because of upgrades (from buildings), an the wind stance, etc, that the units stats were a smidge higher than the average limit... an so they got nerfed by this "function"?

if so... SERIOUSLY?

but... i dunno... they didnt get any more skill points than any other sod, attall,

and i didnt get jack all refunded...

so.... please either fix this stupid ass pathetic exuse for a bug fixing function, which actualy messes perfectly right an fine stuff up, or just remove it please, i spent a LOT of gold AND time working on my rangers.

Brian Shingles
04-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Odd, your logs seem to indicate the function is working. There might be some other issue in play.

Please try transferring your units to an army and viewing the army in one of world map regions. Once the scenario loads, check if the skill points have been reset.

We'll make a copy of your Forest Retreat and take a look at that too.

Ithilieninho
04-06-2013, 08:09 AM
same here, 3 per level, no issue

could it be, that, because of upgrades (from buildings), an the wind stance, etc, that the units stats were a smidge higher than the average limit... an so they got nerfed by this "function"?

if so... SERIOUSLY?

but... i dunno... they didnt get any more skill points than any other sod, attall,

and i didnt get jack all refunded...

so.... please either fix this stupid ass pathetic exuse for a bug fixing function, which actualy messes perfectly right an fine stuff up, or just remove it please, i spent a LOT of gold AND time working on my rangers.

I've noticed that some of my rangers have kept their range... Those in my home city are all reset, but those I had in an army are still at 1,350.

I also tried to create a new army, moving rangers from my home city to it. They are back at 1,350 - and they kept that after moving them back to the home city (next time I visited the home city they were back to 750 though!).

Brian Shingles
04-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the additional information, Ithilieninho. This will help in investigating this problem.

DanielLuck
04-06-2013, 09:23 AM
making them into an army, then putting them back, worked, no skill points refunded, just they returned to their proper stats

ty for the help

Brian Shingles
04-06-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm glad they went back the right stats for you, but I just saw in Ithilieninho edit that they dropped again afterwards for him, so you might want to look out for that Daniel.

So, ok, this isn't a skill points issue like I first thought, as the skill points are still allocated. I'll investigate further and hopefully have a solution soon.

DanielLuck
04-10-2013, 04:07 PM
it seems lots of people been having same issue, i posted on the 2 threads that they should try the making an army trick, hopefully it will work

it also worked for a guy who has an orc army, their stats had been dropped, he made an army, put it back in base, an it worked

Zvonzi
04-10-2013, 04:08 PM
More about that "army" trick can be found here - http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=78004&postcount=5

Thanks Daniel! :)