PDA

View Full Version : delayed to 2010

The_Biz
06-15-2009, 12:24 AM
here's the source (http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=45,334159,,10)

also, beta giveaways (http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=51,23,,10)

sorry if this was already posted. didn't see it

Jean=A=Luc
06-15-2009, 07:20 AM
Yeah, we kinda knew.

szebus
06-15-2009, 10:57 AM
I like the idea with the beta giveaways, really nice.

Asatru
06-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Yeah well i think its better the game gets delayed and turns out better then get released and needs a buttload of patches to get the game fixed :P

But yeah still :(

-Asatru

Feweh
06-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Yeah well i think its better the game gets delayed and turns out better then get released and needs a buttload of patches to get the game fixed :P

But yeah still :(

-Asatru

You know... i've always said that.. but now its like god damn... come on...

Asatru
06-16-2009, 06:41 AM
Yeah ofc its bad news.
But mwhe if the games turns out to be so much better its worth it!

-Asatru

Darvin
06-16-2009, 10:22 AM
This is actually mirroring the late-stage development of Sins of a Solar Empire. Seeing as that game was fricken awesome, that's not a bad thing at all.

Joseph Visscher
06-16-2009, 11:15 AM
This is actually mirroring the late-stage development of Sins of a Solar Empire. Seeing as that game was fricken awesome, that's not a bad thing at all.

Was Frikken awesome? Did it die? Isn't there people still playing it? We don't want a game that dies after 2 months when the hype and support for it fades(like most games from large greEAdly publishers), we want a game that will be recognized as a 'Good Game' even 10 ten years from now *cough* Starcraft *cough*.

Still though, I was hoping to see it in stores this year. Will be a honor to have my name in the credits of something because you gave the people something fun, just picture someone coming home from work, tired and depressed, sits down, starts playing and having fun kicking someone's butt, burning their stronghold to the ground pillaging everything.
That is what games are for, an Antidepressant, also known as 'Fun'. One Smile at a time. :)

(In a stupid commercial voice)
Have you tried Fun? And now for a limited time offer, We have a Fun Guarantee, if you are not 100% satisfied with Fun, send it back for a full refund.

Seriously, all of you will just have to wait it out, we aren't going anywhere, but Dawn of Fantasy is.

Kire
06-16-2009, 02:23 PM
[COLOR="Navy"]Was Frikken awesome? Did it die? Isn't there people still playing it? We don't want a game that dies after 2 months when the hype and support for it fades(like most games from large greEAdly publishers), we want a game that will be recognized as a 'Good Game' even 10 ten years from now *cough* Starcraft *cough*.

To the first paragraph ... no it is not Starcraft =P its Age of Empires 2.

And to other ppl who says its better the game gets delayed and turns out better... you know even if we wait even longer than till 2010 the game will be even better so why release it if we can get 0.5 year later even better or than after 1 year more better (tho for DoF 2 would be too soon)..... I find this statement kinda funny =P.

szebus
06-16-2009, 03:30 PM
... we want a game that will be recognized as a 'Good Game' even 10 ten years from now *cough* Starcraft *cough*...

This is what I 2 want to see from this game, 4 me to be the X-Com UFO Enemy Unknown. A game that dose the ... Antidepressant, also known as 'Fun' ... and the ... coming home from work, tired and depressed, sits down, starts playing and having fun ... part, but really not for some months but for some years, so good luck with the game and I strongly hope the game will be what it has to be.

The Witch King of Angmar
06-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Why release it at all? The more time we give it in development, the better it will be! If we give it another 50+ years, it will be the best game ever even though none of us will ever play it since it won't be officially released! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :confused:

kyama
06-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Even if it's delayed till 2010. I think they should atleast give us more info. If you guys look at starcraft 2. There is so much info about that game. You know the units, buildings, gameplay, and so much more. We here don't have much to talk about. The only updates so far are screenshots. And tell you guys the truth, I don't even look at starcraft 2's screenshots, I perfer replays(1v1 mostly).

Generation
06-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Hopefully we don't have to do that ploxerz because i suck at that

The_Biz
06-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Even if it's delayed till 2010. I think they should atleast give us more info. If you guys look at starcraft 2. There is so much info about that game. You know the units, buildings, gameplay, and so much more. We here don't have much to talk about. The only updates so far are screenshots. And tell you guys the truth, I don't even look at starcraft 2's screenshots, I perfer replays(1v1 mostly).

that's because starcraft 2 isn't really a new game

blizzard's too much of a ***** to change the original game in any meaningful way

Andy Joslin
06-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Well, you have to keep in mind that we are not Blizzard Entertainment. We do not have the manpower to maintain a detailed showcase of every unit with multiple videos and a page of lore about them.

We also do not have our game set in stone yet. Starcraft 2 is a sequel, they are able to show gameplay footage early on in development because many things are already set in stone from Starcraft 1.

Anyway, we are currently discussing a new type of update which I think you would enjoy, kyama.

Kire
06-16-2009, 07:54 PM
a detailed showcase of every unit with a page of lore about them.

It would be nice if you do that even if you do it on release of game or little after =P i just love lores
edit: oh and i hope you will never become blizzard entertainment..... (tho i wish you bigger success but not the blizz way)

Darvin
06-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Once the beta is up and running I'll help populate a Dawn of Fantasy wiki with information on each unit, including any scraps of lore the devs may offer.

Lordadamar
06-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Whats the point ?

Of Beta Giveaways if everyone registered on forums get beta invite?

Just curious

Alex Walz
06-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Not everyone on the forum will get a key to the closed betas, only for the open betas. The keys go to the most contributive members.

Aametherar
06-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah, and it's nice to meet other fans on fansites as well. I think I actually signed up on Heavengames a LONG time ago, just can't figure out my password. Besides, where do you think all the custom maps are gonna pop up at first? :P

Anyways i'm really sick of games being delayed. In this case however its fine, why? Because they're actually being 100% straightforward with their reasons and we know it's still coming and still going to be great rather than mass delays for "We cant tell you because our NDA" reasons. So I have every confidence in this game.

Another thing that makes me hopeful is the devs clear hatred for EA which I think most of us share. Anyways I hope this company and game do great (especially since ill be playing it).

As for this comment "edit: oh and i hope you will never become blizzard entertainment..... (tho i wish you bigger success but not the blizz way)"
I hope they become as big a success too, and as awesome as blizzard used to be and stay that way instead of selling out and making games with nothing but monthly subscription or some other stupid scheme like "it's so awesome it's three games." I wont be buying those that's for sure, but i'll definitely be buying DOF!

Anyways, thanks for being awesome with the info guys!