PDA

View Full Version : WHATS ETA now

Lordadamar
06-06-2009, 12:05 PM
All the gaming sites still show Q1 09 for release obviously not..

Whats the real ETA?

All forum posts seem pretty vague. I wouldnt think it would be good for DoF to release Q4, most major established MMo's have tenative Q4 release for expansions.( Sony hardly ever misses a deadline ) And Sense EA now supports DAoC, I doubt they will either.

Wouldn't this hurt Dof's early success?

Just curious I think this title will be awesome to play I just have seen the big boys in the past have a great effect on smaller titles that are released because of timing.

The Witch King of Angmar
06-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Well, I'm still expecting a beta in the summer (July/early August). Personally, I wouldn't expect the game to be done until maybe December of 09 to March of 2010. That's just me though.

Konstantin Fomenko
06-06-2009, 01:09 PM
The game will be finished in December, but from the publishers side all we are hearing that December is bad month for RTS games, and we got to shift release to February. This might change, but imo only in February would DoF be available retail. There might be earlier online release though.

But worry not - all the people who are waiting for release will be playing beta well before DoF hits the shelves.

There is also one more X factor to consider, there is a chance we might get additional funding to GREATLY upgrade all the game art and visuals, if this does happen that would delay release by another 2 months, but doesn`t effect the beta.

Competition is definitely a factor as well - but the main game to watch out is Starcraft 2.

Darvin
06-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Competition is definitely a factor as well - but the main game to watch out is Starcraft 2.
I've been concerned about that for a while now, and I'm sure you have, too. On the bright side, however, I haven't seen any other decent RTS games that are nearing completion other than DoF and SC2, so although you have one titan of a competitor, it may well be your only real competitor.

Kire
06-06-2009, 03:53 PM
But worry not - all the people who are waiting for release will be playing beta well before DoF hits the shelves.

There is also one more X factor to consider, there is a chance we might get additional funding to GREATLY upgrade all the game art and visuals, if this does happen that would delay release by another 2 months, but doesn`t effect the beta.

Yay to the first paragraph =P, for second i hope you will do it cuz i very like nice visuals and for last paragraph... in my eyes there is, was and will be in near future non good enough competitor for DoF =).

Blatant7
06-06-2009, 04:15 PM
As long as the beta comes out in the next few months, I don't really mind if the finished product is delayed. As long as it's being improved upon, of course.

Generation
06-06-2009, 11:44 PM
WHAT?????? february? QQ im sad now hopefully i have enough money by then

wou129
06-07-2009, 12:45 AM
WHAT?????? february? QQ im sad now hopefully i have enough money by then

you are member of the forum so you get beta invite so you can play it sooner

Generation
06-07-2009, 02:25 AM
But still I dont have that much patience QQ

szebus
06-07-2009, 03:05 AM
February 2010 or 2011 ? just kidding... as long as the game will be polished @ the release and forum members have the right for the betas, I do not mind the delay.

rolzuc
06-07-2009, 05:13 AM
whenever it comes, i will buy it, that's sure. :)

The Witch King of Angmar
06-07-2009, 06:36 AM
The game will be finished in December, but from the publishers side all we are hearing that December is bad month for RTS games, and we got to shift release to February. This might change, but imo only in February would DoF be available retail. There might be earlier online release though.

I so called it. :D As for the competition factor, I agree 100%to what has been said as far the release date. However, if we get the beta and already can enjoy features from the game or just more media releases, waiting won't be as bad.

LiTos456
06-07-2009, 08:16 AM
I totally don't mind when the game will be released, I just hope the beta will be out this summer, so that I can play it without my new high school interfiering, I honestly don't know how much time I'll have starting September...

Phylast
06-08-2009, 11:54 PM
My buddies keep asking me, "When is that game coming out that you showed us? It looked awesome." I can't wait.

szebus
06-09-2009, 02:39 AM
My buddies keep asking me, "When is that game coming out that you showed us? It looked awesome." I can't wait.

And you should tell them to join the comunity :P

crex719
06-09-2009, 09:48 AM
This summer is going to be very boring without the beta. I graduated May 30th and I have been doing absolutely nothing since.....

Asatru
06-09-2009, 10:19 AM

2 things here :P

I think if I'll say this for most ppl, i'm gonna hold you to that ;)

but the main game to watch out is Starcraft 2.

Are you sure, i mean i used to be a die hard Starcraft fan, but i saw the ' new style ' they made starcraft in, its all cartoony and crap :P

In any cause,I'll will just wait for beta ^^

-Asatru

Gigz
06-09-2009, 05:43 PM
^^ so the fact that all the ppl who are waiting for release will get to beta meant i still got a chance :P

all in all im just crazy to start modding this baby ^^

Phylast
06-10-2009, 10:02 PM
And you should tell them to join the comunity :P

My buddies aren't as psyched as I am, and they're not forum checkers or anything of the sort. Would be glad to bounce ideas off of them because they're not as hardcore about RTS games allowing a fresh point-of-view.

raving
06-13-2009, 12:24 PM

an upgrade for the visual is always great in my eyes. I love to see realistic stuff. and alto the stuff you guys got now is great, theres always room for improvement ^^.

Catabre
06-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Like Blatant said, I don't really care if the game takes a while to be released. I want the beta out so I can play it. :p

Asatru
06-16-2009, 06:40 AM
Well be active on the forums and visit them alot, and you might get in beta :)

-Asatru

zach12wqasxz
06-27-2009, 04:47 PM

wouldnt december be the best time to release any game? especially with christmas sales would be enourmas as long as you advertised it about a month in advance

Kire
06-27-2009, 05:41 PM
wouldnt december be the best time to release any game? especially with christmas sales would be enourmas as long as you advertised it about a month in advance

Not really, ppl buy other gifts, tho computer game is not good as "gift" (not appropriate), and for many relatives (aka grandmother =)) and friends so they dont have money left for buying themselves games =).

Darvin
06-27-2009, 06:24 PM
The Christmas season is usually good for established franchises, but terrible for new ones. The reason is of course gifts. People are unlikely to buy something for themselves because they're more likely to get something from someone else. When buying a gift, someone usually has to go out of a limb as to what the person they're buying for will like. What better place to gamble than a sequel of a game they already own. You're more likely to take a risk with an unknown title for yourself than you are for a friend.

szebus
08-17-2009, 09:45 AM
There is a video on Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/starcraft2/news.html?sid=6215343&mode=previews) about Strcraft 2 and at the end of the vid it says that the game will be released when it's done. Now, wouldthis affect DoF release date ?

Generation
08-17-2009, 10:39 AM
It does but if they get the funding an extra 2 months so that shouldnt affect it if that were to happen. Btw is there gonna b pre-ordering?

Joseph Visscher
08-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Cool star craft 2 is going to be really good if they aren't rushing it,,, we're like them, we cant release a game that is not finished, so we too will release when its done; setting a date is simply an estimation, and well I estimate early 2010 depending on several things. Delays suck I know, but at least the game will have a chance to not suck!

szebus
08-17-2009, 12:53 PM
... Delays suck I know, but at least the game will have a chance to not suck!

This is true and uh, oh ... the recession to is over world wide, until it is released. :)

Farseer_Arien
08-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Still can't wait for this game to get released, I've been following along now for the past few months. I can't wait to design my castle:)

Darathor
08-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Don't get me started on Blizzard "taking their time" on things, but it's nice to know that you guys care enough to make the product good even though it may take a while.

Aametherar
08-18-2009, 05:09 AM
What we need is a closed beta 1 phase to start compiling a list of issues while you finish up on some basic features like graphics with the map etc to speed things along and smoothen them out <.< >.> go orcs? Ok this isn't 100% self centered though I actually think it's a good idea.

Josh Warner
08-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Cool star craft 2 is going to be really good if they aren't rushing it,,, we're like them, we cant release a game that is not finished, so we too will release when its done; setting a date is simply an estimation, and well I estimate early 2010 depending on several things. Delays suck I know, but at least the game will have a chance to not suck!

As long as the beta comes out sometime before 2010 so we can start testing/giving feedback I'll be happy.

Liljagare
08-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Hope it takes the time it needs..

Nothing like waiting for a game, anticipating it, and then paying for a beta-product.. :D

Happens waaaaaaayy too often!

Ndition
08-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Patience is a virtue!

Aametherar
08-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Patience is a virtue!

I have no virtues i'm an ogre. CBCBCB! *Bangs club repeatedly on ground stomping up and down*

deino
08-19-2009, 12:59 PM
I've been concerned about that for a while now, and I'm sure you have, too. On the bright side, however, I haven't seen any other decent RTS games that are nearing completion other than DoF and SC2, so although you have one titan of a competitor, it may well be your only real competitor.

Hey, don't you guys forget SupCom 2 :mad: It might not be such a titan of a competitor as Starcraft 2 is but IMO it will definitely be a better game and I would imagine that it might have a pretty similar target group to that of DoF.

Darathor
08-19-2009, 03:11 PM
I think SC2 will be better than Supcom2 but you need to watch out for both, though.

Aametherar
08-19-2009, 03:37 PM
I think in the end DOF will have much more customization which draws the crowd, and it's also fantasy based so it hits that crowd and scraft is more sci fi which will also likely have a great deal of customization so thankfully I think DOF will still draw all the fantasy crowd that still goes game to game, and I think they'l stay long for this one with the customization, that's not to say they won't also try Starcraft. In any case I really don't see supreme commander being a major competitor here which short of past fans will be crushed by Starcraft, of course it has enough of a fanbase to do well, but I don't see it grabbing many new ones. My main worry is DOF not getting enough publicity/advertising, but they havn't even started that campaign yet so it could do great for all I know. It'd be easier to predict if we knew the publisher, if it's a new one I do worry though, I have seen several games with potential do bad due to new inexperienced publishers.

But then I guess we know nothing about them so we can't assume good or bad...and shouldn't assume regardless <.< which makes me question why I even typed all that up...

Darathor
08-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks Aametherar for saying basically nothing. But this needs more publicity than word of mouth because not really that many people know about this game. Now, I don't know how to get publicity other than running around shouting about it(not only in games:)), which I could do(in games, not real life).

Aametherar
08-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Your'e welcome

Also yes most games are advertised very early especially compared to this one, every game I have seen wait this long to start advertising ended up with such a small player base that they continuously lost players to the simple fact that there wern't nuf people to play with, i'm just hoping that they get the advertising machine moving soon. Games need hype and buildup so they come out strong then hold and grow from their off merit.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Personally, I think as the new website continues to grow and more videos released, the crowd of people interested in the game will increase. I'm not really about the fan base now. Everything should work out alright.

sneaky_squirrel
08-19-2009, 08:55 PM
This sounds like a promising game, I just CAN'T WAIT until I get a chance to actually see it in the beta ;p.

Josh Warner
08-20-2009, 10:36 AM
The game will not be directly competing with SC, that much should be obvious. But this game decidedly has the MMORTS niche cornered outside of mostly ****ty FTP games. They will do well even if the game is average, and if it's nearly as good as most of us hope it will be, it'll be around a very long time. In my opinion, this game has the first chance at being a real success and opening the way for the genre as a whole.

Darathor
08-20-2009, 03:20 PM
DoF will most likely come out at least 5-6 months before SC2 (if it comes out in early 2010). DoF is fantasy, while SC2 is sci fi. Dof is an mmorts. DoF has giant fancy fortresses and castles. So while they are different, there will be a little bit friction between them I would say.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Again, the fan base will be different since the games are different. I don't see much competition going on between the two.

Artilla
08-27-2009, 02:36 AM
good news...