PDA

View Full Version : E3

Mrdash
06-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Lets talk E3 here.

Star Wars: The Old Republic http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6210694/?tag=top_stories;title;5

Halo:ODST(Orbital Drop Shock Trooper) http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6210695/?tag=top_stories;title;5
Looks great, I wonderhow your health/armor will work since your not a Super Charged being anymore.

Splinter Cell: Conviction http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6210670/?tag=top_stories;title;13
& http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6210668/?tag=top_stories;title;3
Oh my gosh Splinter Cell and Sandbox levels is exactly what SC should have been from the very begining. This IMO is where SC actualy becomes SC.

3 of my personaly favorites atm. Ubisoft should make a Star Wars Animated Movie XD

The_Biz
06-01-2009, 08:30 PM
e3 is just a forum for a bunch of marketing executives to lie to everyone and hype up terrible games and ideas that don't really work (Milo, Natal, Wii motion sensing)

occasionally there is something genuine, but it's mostly garbage

nickson104
06-02-2009, 12:44 AM
halo3 ODST is a game I really dont want to get, it is overhyped and is a spinoff that looks like a desperate way of gaining money. The only reason most of my friends are thinking of getting it is that it includes the second part of the new halo maps. Longshore, Heretic and Citadel... They are included in the game and are not sold as part of the mythic map pack as they want to use them as leverage to get you to buy the game, just like they did with halo wars... but then again... Many wanted to get halo wars anyway :p

Liljagare
06-02-2009, 04:31 AM
Does one dare to have hopes for Old republic? It is BioWare, they have pumped effort into the videos.. :P

Think I'll keep a cool head until release though, but dang, I need a new Star Wars fix... wonder if they'll eventually incorporate space as part of the game? Would love to have a new replacement for Tie-fighter vs. X-wing too someday.. hehe..

Puppeteer
06-02-2009, 09:40 AM
e3 is just a forum for a bunch of marketing executives to lie to everyone and hype up terrible games
Welcome to the world of marketing and advertising! Do you expect corporations to be genuine?

nickson104
06-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the world of marketing and advertising! Do you expect corporations to be genuine?

you... you mean their not...? :o
:p

What about Santa, is he real too?

Mrdash
06-02-2009, 02:12 PM
e3 is just a forum for a bunch of marketing executives to lie to everyone and hype up terrible games and ideas that don't really work (Milo, Natal, Wii motion sensing)

occasionally there is something genuine, but it's mostly garbage

I agree to a point. I don'tt believe you should call any single E3 garbage because others have been that way or it may have parts that were garbage.

But as of this far E3 has had plenty of garbage to keep the janitors busy for quite a while.

Natal- It has possibility, whether it will rise up to what it very well could be or end up like the eye toy is still unknown to me.

Ubisoft-Their show was crap in general (Not counting SC), companies need to stop making all these diferent sports games. Let EA keep their same every year sports games coming, and let the better companies like Ubisoft and High Voltage etc, etc...make the games that the rest of us want.

EA-Don't get me started on those little girl games. No girls except for 4-8 year olds would want to play those, then only the 7-8 year olds would understand what to do.

Nintendo-Missed the live so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to watch the whole thing. This is the system I think has the best potential for games atm. I'll explain more at a later date. (Like after someone else posts XD)

Grizzlez
06-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Really glad MGS is coming to the 360.
COD MF2 looks really good (campaign anyway).
Old Republic video was really cool.
ODST looks like halo with no super jump lol-but i will prbz get it anyway.
Want to know what Halo: Reach is going to be like.
Project Natal looks interesting, but will most likely be a flop-no doubt Nintendo will use that sort of technology to make something useable and fun.

Can't remember what else lol...

Mrdash
06-03-2009, 01:25 PM
The main game I'm waiting for is "The Conduit" a Wii exlcusive FPS. But the coolest part is it will suport 12(-16 depending if they get it done on time) player online play. Will definatly surpass WaW for Wii.

Other games I'll be waiting for is:

Monster Hunter 3,

Red Steel 2: This game will be so much better with the new Motion Plus. Watch the video of it, if you tip the mote even the slightest bit the in game sword tips just as much. Tip it slighty right it tips slightly right. Lower it it lowers. No more mote waggling.

fyro11
06-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Not sure if this was a part of E3, but I'm really looking forward to AC2.

Mrdash
06-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Yes look it up at Gamespot or Youtube or something (Gamespot being more organized). Assasins Creed 2 looks so sweet. New moves, takes place in a different era, altogether looks phat.

Grizzlez
06-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Ye AC2 looks immense, seems to have improved upon the first game quite nicely in given more diversity in gameplay. Definately going to get it and supposedly a summer release.

LiTos456
06-04-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm probably one of the biggest AC fans that exist (seriously).... and yeah, I'm hella impressed...

fyro11
06-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm sure you guys noticed, but the weirdest thing was the new Assassin's voice; it was like Milo's but with an Italian twist :eek:. Completely took me off guard in the Venice gameplay footage.

LiTos456
06-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I was so surprised too.

nickson104
06-06-2009, 08:08 AM
AC2 looks good, I hope it is longer than the first, the first got a bit too repetitive and I personally saw no point in playing more after completing the story... Also I hope they make it a bit more difficult, it was a bit 'too' easy :/

I have been pretty annoyed with the E3 showcase as it reminded me how many games are only for the PS3 and it is rather annoying... FF7 has been re-released and I would go out and buy points for it this minute if I had a PS3 :( Gran Turismo 5 looks pretty epic but is once again only for PS3 :(
God Of War 3 and Left For Dead 2 also look very good :) But I do personally think they should have kept the original survivors :(

P.S did anyone else notice that the L4D2 survivors are all black? (no racism intended) Melee weapons look cool though :)

Mrdash
06-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I'll have myself a 360 sooner or later. Since apparently they plan on keeping the 360 on store shelves till the year 2015. Which I found a tad unbelievable.

Anywho does anyone else have a Wii here? Just want to know so that when games like "The Conduit" or "Grinder" come out I'll have more people to play with XD

JDmino
06-09-2009, 12:02 AM
I have a Wii, although I don't have internet setup on the wii just yet. My dad is setting it up in a few weeks time :p.

The Witch King of Angmar
06-09-2009, 04:29 PM
I have Wii but I don't know what The Conduit or Grinder are. Personally, I'd rather have a PS3 than the Wii.

Mrdash
06-09-2009, 10:49 PM
I have Wii but I don't know what The Conduit or Grinder are. Personally, I'd rather have a PS3 than the Wii.

And so would I, MAG ( a 256 player fps) and the new Batman game look wonderfull. But a Wii is what I have. Wii's were quite cheap compared to the other systems around the time I bought it. So I decided to get it with Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Great game btw.