PDA

View Full Version : Epic giveaway still going on?

Vargoroth
04-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Hello,
I'm thinking about getting Dawn of Fantasy and I am wondering if the epic giveaway (free dwarven army + haunter dragon) promotion is still on? As on http://store.reverieworld.com/index.php?store=games there is a banner promoting it. Also, if it's still on, do I have to get the game from the official site to get the giveaway? Or can I buy it on steam and still get the free stuff? (as steam is on sales offer price atm). Thanks a lot for your help.

Konstantin Fomenko
04-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Welcome to DoF - and yeah the promo is on, and will be on at least for a week. The key you buy from us can be used to install on Steam as well by the way.

shello247
04-02-2013, 11:49 PM
How do you get the giveaways, I purchased from steam and i'd like to get the dragon and dwarfs. Can you please let us know how to redeem them.

Thanks

Brian Shingles
04-03-2013, 02:05 AM
You can only get the bonus codes for the Dragon and Dwarves if you purchase the game directly from our store.

You can get a code for a different Dragon and in-game currency (enough to buy the Dwarves) if a friend has the game and puts your in-game username in as the Referrer.

shello247
04-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Oh, that sucks....see no reason why steam people should'nt get it.... its the same price, game, timeframe....(IMO).

Oh well.

Thanks for letting us know.

Sheldon

Suppoko
04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
I agree, the only reason I found this game was because of steam and it didn't tell me anything about this epic giveawy. There should be something for us the same way there is for others. Given the amount of new players steam brought you it would stand to reason that something like this was offered.

Zvonzi
04-04-2013, 11:17 AM
I agree, the only reason I found this game was because of steam and it didn't tell me anything about this epic giveawy. There should be something for us the same way there is for others. Given the amount of new players steam brought you it would stand to reason that something like this was offered.

Maybe because they like it more when people buy game directly from them? Maybe because Steam takes percentage on every sold copy?

Suppoko
04-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Maybe because they like it more when people buy game directly from them? Maybe because Steam takes percentage on every sold copy?

As I stated before I'm betting a huge % of the new players wouldn't ever have heard of this game without steam, not to mention they were rejoicing that they were greenlit for steam. I shouldn't be punished for not kowing the game was somewhere else instead of steam.

Zvonzi
04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
You weren't punished. You payed for a game, you got it. And no one is arguing that Steam is responsible for success of this game. But, if they want to reward players who bought game directly from them, who can blame them? And no, i didn't buy game directly from Reverie shop.

shello247
04-04-2013, 04:08 PM
I know that it is'nt punishment per say...but youknow that feeling when you spend money on something at one store.....then walk a little down the road and see the exact same thing for a better value, and think to yourself...holy ****!!! If only i had known.

Automatically you feel a bit of resentment for the first store...and a bit of regret. That's what he's speaking about. Not punishment per say. But we get the jist.

And this is sooo easy to fix........lol, Reverie, we don't know you. But if you are trying to build a community, treat us fairly.

It is in the small actions which define character.

Zvonzi
04-04-2013, 04:11 PM
I know that it is'nt punishment per say...but youknow that feeling when you spend money on something at one store.....then walk a little down the road and see the exact same thing for a better value, and think to yourself...holy ****!!! If only i had known.

Automatically you feel a bit of resentment for the first store...and a bit of regret. That's what he's speaking about. Not punishment per say. But we get the jist.

And this is sooo easy to fix........lol, Reverie, we don't know you. But if you are trying to build a community, treat us fairly.

It is in the small actions which define character.

I understand what he wants to say, but saying this is a punishment is way out of line. :)

And guys from Reverie are so far best and most involved DEVs i have seen so far.

Suppoko
04-04-2013, 08:48 PM
I understand what he wants to say, but saying this is a punishment is way out of line. :)

And guys from Reverie are so far best and most involved DEVs i have seen so far.

Look man you knew what I was trying to say let's not get hung up on somantics about word sel;ection and I was in game today when a mod gave away 120 influence twice to the person that could type the fastest so this is a TERRIBLY easy fix and they are clearly involved I never once said otherwise.

Brian Shingles
04-05-2013, 05:05 AM
Steam has definitely brought us a lot of players, there's no denying that. We've gone from 10 to 30 players online to about 300 to 800 online with thousands of new players registering.

As a thank you to those who supported us in greenlight and bought early on Steam, we launched with a 25% off sale.

However, we won't see any of the money from Steam until the end of May/start of June. The only money we'll get for the next two months is from those who buy directly from us, so to encourage that without taking too many sales from Steam (who deserve their cut) we offer bonuses in our store.

Other bonuses, like the friend referral bonus, apply whether you by from us, Steam or any other retailer.

We may also offer other bonuses and rewards in the future. We will no doubt be involved in some of the Sales on Steam as well.