PDA

View Full Version : To anwser all the beta questions...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Konstantin Fomenko
05-26-2009, 09:20 PM
In reply to the Question on Beta post.

Guys,

As I`m sure you have noticed that closed beta is still not here.:)

The publishing situation is keeping us behind schedule. As we can`t start testing product on large scale without a clear light from a publisher - and our publishing arrangements are still being finalized. We`ll inform you in the coming weeks once all of this is resolved. And hey we are not delaying things by months or years here, just weeks:)

I`m just glad we got the new website, screens and videos next week to make up for this delay.

Now, to answer most of your questions...

Beta testing will happen in 4 or 5 stages.

Closed Beta Stage 1 - we`ll begin by sending stripped down game client with updater tool and single-player skirmish to the first 50 testers. You`ll get a chance to play around with this for the first two weeks. During this phase we`ll be solving technical problems preventing people from starting the game, and other major crashes.

Closed Beta Stage 2 - will commence 2 weeks later. We`ll invite 50 additional testers, and send out a major update that will feature multiplayer skirmish mode. During stage 2 we`ll be fine tuning connectivity, chat and basics of player vs player gameplay. All 3 multilayer skirmish mods will be available, including team defense of huge capital fortresses.

Closed Beta Stage 3 - starts 3 weeks later. We might invite up to 100 additional testers (but this is unconfirmed.) We`ll send out another major update that will add MMORTS game mode with all early game content, including player vs player. But at this point we`ll disable singleplayer skirmish and multiplayer as we`ll need everyone playing MMORTS mode. We`ll do account reset every couple of days for the first 2 weeks. And once a week for the following 3 weeks.

Open Beta Stage 4 - comes 5 weeks later. From 500 to 1,000 additional testers will be invited, and only MMORTS will be featured. For the next 6 weeks we`ll be adding late game MMORTS content until Gold Master. There should be 2 or 3 server wipes.

Stress Test Stage 5 - is a good possibility once we hit Gold Master. We`ll invite up to 2,000 additional players to play MMORTS mode of the product for free for 2 weeks before the game becomes available in store. This will help us stress test the servers and hopefully we`ll get some players hooked. We might be able to allow Stage 5 player accounts to keep their progress once they upgrade to a full retail version.

Alex Walz
05-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Sounds great! We'll all get into a closed beta. :)

Will those invited to the first closed beta automatically get into the second and third? Will any feature the editors?

Konstantin Fomenko
05-26-2009, 09:31 PM
I think we`ll be able to send out Editor to closed beta tester who specifically request it, it`ll be a stand-alone download.

And yeah player mass will accumulate from one stage to another.

hkien
05-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Hopefully, when it come to be comercial, there's Union Western payment method for me! :D

Going to be zealous to be invited.. :p

crex719
05-26-2009, 09:59 PM
I like this plan, it allows for a gradual increase to the server. Can't wait for the beta now that I graduated!

Feweh
05-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Yes, awesome ! :D

sneaky_squirrel
05-27-2009, 12:32 AM
Hi, I just registered here but I remember viewing this site 3 years ago fantasizing about playing it, I personally can't wait for the beta to come out.

wou129
05-27-2009, 12:45 AM
nice man hope you guys finsh talking with the publisher soon

raving
05-27-2009, 02:56 AM
sounds great, love to try it out and with the amount of people you are gonna invite eventualy im sure i will get in one of them. The sooner the better ofcourse but hey... been waiting this long ... few weeks more or less aint gonna hurt

kEuLe
05-27-2009, 03:51 AM
:)
Sounds great.

Puppeteer
05-27-2009, 05:04 AM
The Stress Test sounds like a good idea.

I think we`ll be able to send out Editor to closed beta tester who specifically request it, it`ll be a stand-alone download.
Excellent!

Liljagare
05-27-2009, 05:25 AM
Nice to hear! Finally its drawing closer for DoF!

How will one go about requesting the editor?

Might turn out to be a nice summer, this and Mech Warrior Living Legends hitting the world.... :D

The Witch King of Angmar
05-27-2009, 05:44 AM
I can't wait. This is going to be great. Are there any specs on how massive the download will be?

Thanks

Asatru
05-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Sounds good cant wait to get this game!

Looks very promising :D

-Asatru

Catabre
05-27-2009, 11:16 AM
I cn't wait to hop in and play. Been waiting for a while now.

nickson104
05-27-2009, 01:18 PM
So statistically theres about a 40% chance of any of us getting into the closed beta at some stage? :) about 480 members and about 200 closed beta invitations :)

May good luck be to you all :)

Oh and by the way :) it is good to hear that things are beginning to get exciting :)

Alex Walz
05-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Does the third closed beta start three weeks after the first or the second beta?

including team defense of huge capital fortresses.
I didn't catch this before, but that sounds really fun. :D

LiTos456
05-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Not bad... I just feel bad about the account resets. We'll have to restart the same thing over and over a LOT, we'd have to play each race at least 3 times, oh well.

Generation
05-27-2009, 06:51 PM
It should happen all in good time have patience my friends btw i wonder how they decide the 50 people or is it just me or does it seem like 50 and less people are active?

sneaky_squirrel
05-28-2009, 01:16 AM
That is just what I was thinking.

Mrdash
05-28-2009, 01:22 PM
*THUMP* (Dash's head hits the desk after passing out from worrying about his computer being too big of a piece of crap to run the beta's)

Grizzlez
05-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Beta testing this game would be awesome, just so you could say you played it before others lol :p
Also would love to get my hands on the editing tools-give some possible feedback on them to and begin messing about with them. Start working on some stuff before a games full release would be awesome :)

szebus
05-29-2009, 02:49 AM
In reply to the Question on Beta post.
We might be able to allow Stage 5 player accounts to keep their progress once they upgrade to a full retail version.

Awesome, then this could mean that the game will be awailable @ Gamersgate (www.gamersgate.com) for direct downloading, right ? Or even from Dawn of Fantasy (http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/) official site, making posible safe online payment by credit card or by PayPal ?

I only ask this couse if I have to buy the game from a retail store, then it is posibble to me only about some weeks after the release. I really don't know when this will arrive to Romania :confused: .

Bryan Oakley
05-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Not bad... I just feel bad about the account resets. We'll have to restart the same thing over and over a LOT, we'd have to play each race at least 3 times, oh well.

Ahh but don't you restart every time you play an RTS anyways?

LiTos456
05-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes, but not when you're trying to make constant progress with a game that keeps your stuff after you log out.

Generation
05-30-2009, 02:48 PM
I agree with you

Kire
05-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Cmon ppl its TESTING not PLAYING so if you want to test better it must be reseted more times as it is being more fixed and start from beginning, tho if you dont like that just wait for game release, i repeat its beta that means testing not playing for fun pfffffffff =).

ShadowyMoon
06-09-2009, 04:32 AM
So, I have only one question. How will you pick the people for beta testing?

szebus
06-09-2009, 05:11 AM
They will extract them like the lotteri dose. :p

Esculas the Mighty
06-09-2009, 08:41 AM
they will start with the most mature and respected and work their ways down

devs are auto in

aerlfredith
06-15-2009, 08:26 AM
how do i get into the beta do i have to sign up or is it picked at random

The Witch King of Angmar
06-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Being regular on the forums and showing an interest in the game should get you in the beta.

Darathor
06-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Really? Sweet, and thanks for the info on beta. It's good to hear that it is soon.

Lordadamar
06-18-2009, 11:56 AM
I hope with the high limitations on early invites it, that invites dont go to people who like to spam the forums to get high post counts.

Even know Fan sites are cool and everything it shouldn't make you a shoe-in for early invite either. If it does let me know I have a unlimited bandwidth server ill put on up quick!!!

I would hope for a questionnaire that takes experienced testers for early stages and system speccs would play a factor also.

I hope the beta give away keys are for open beta and dont effect the people who spend time on your site to follow the game..

The Witch King of Angmar
06-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Again, it is who contributes to the forums and discussion/questions about the game that will get in. I'm not sure if there will be a questionairre.

Aametherar
06-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Its really awesome to see this game coming to this stage, it's been sooo long! So excited! ~droolz~ Probably joined up forums a bit late to get in stage 1 but I can't wait heh. The forums gonna be swarmed in suggestions soon as it hits beta :P

Do we know who the publisher is?

szebus
06-21-2009, 03:22 AM
Do we know who the publisher is?

Not yet, but we are arguing about it here (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689).

zach12wqasxz
06-27-2009, 05:53 PM
A. invite me B. why has it taken so long for you guys to develop a game (5+ years)

Aametherar
06-27-2009, 06:04 PM
PC games always take a very long time to develop unless they work off of a previous game, which a lot do. A lot also go through major graphics update one or more times before release to keep the graphics to date for release. Add to that the fact this is a new company, when it gets straight down to it, it's expected, a lot of companies starting in the position this one did fall through, so these guys did a great job popping out a game that (hopefully) is on par+ with todays market standards.

Kire
06-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Even know Fan sites are cool and everything it shouldn't make you a shoe-in for early invite either. If it does let me know I have a unlimited bandwidth server ill put on up quick!!!

Well but it would be nice for them to get beta tho they put quite lot of effort in supporting DoF and they have nice sites - referring to dof heaven and dof source cuz are first and good and probably didnt do it cuz of better chances for beta inv =P (tho i like heaven more =P). Anyway tho this is up for reverie to decide but its just my opinion.

saber153
06-27-2009, 08:37 PM
i may have registered today but i have been looking forward for this game for a while and i can't wait for the beta.

Mr_Assasin
07-05-2009, 03:22 PM
what do we have to do to get an invite to the beta

Darathor
07-05-2009, 04:10 PM
You need to be active on the forums and not post immature/childish things.

Blatant7
07-05-2009, 04:18 PM
At DoFH there will also be chances to win a key.

Generation
07-05-2009, 04:31 PM
We already know that Blatanz besides i rather do forums higher chance for me

Grizzlez
07-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Will our MMORTS progress be saved to a server or on our individual machines. This is mainly because as I begin to edit files I'll no doubt mess up something I shouldn't without backing it up and would hate to lose all online progress.

Posted in wrong section lol.

LiTos456
07-08-2009, 11:52 AM
At DoFH there will also be chances to win a key.

Actually DoFS might be getting some keys soon too.

SPARROW94
07-12-2009, 10:47 AM
I mean i the great Sparrow is one the first members of this community... and i have shed many great tears, with these devs :), i say sparrrow should be inducted into this great-all-mighty beta... and i promise honest great feed back in return

Joseph Visscher
07-12-2009, 09:33 PM
I mean i the great Sparrow is one the first members of this community... and i have shed many great tears, with these devs :), i say sparrrow should be inducted into this great-all-mighty beta... and i promise honest great feed back in return

Sparrow you are the first to enter the non-entry list.

Don't be mistaken by your title, Senior does not mean Mature; nor can you regain respect and redemption from 1 post, your actions of 712 posts have decided your overall stature and it will take a lot more then 1 post to rebuild it...

Josh Warner
07-12-2009, 09:48 PM

Don't be mistaken by your title, Senior does not mean Mature; nor can you regain respect and redemption from 1 post, your actions of 712 posts have decided your overall stature and it will take a lot more then 1 post to rebuild it...

I nearly spit out my drink at the 'non-entry list' well played Joseph, well played.

SPARROW94
07-13-2009, 02:30 PM

You defy the will of gods and demons if this is true joseph

Kire
07-13-2009, 02:55 PM
You defy the will of gods and demons if this is true joseph

The good start would be if you turn your pink/purple (pink mostly) colour to something more friendly to eyes =)

SPARROW94
07-13-2009, 03:16 PM
The good start would be if you turn your pink/purple (pink mostly) colour to something more friendly to eyes =)

I have no intentions of making a start, for the end is nigh, never the less i will inevitably get a beta key, and share my feedback with you all! ^_^

Draco
07-14-2009, 03:54 PM
It's the waiting that's the worst... :(

Neotyguy40
07-14-2009, 07:25 PM
I have no intentions of making a start, for the end is nigh, never the less i will inevitably get a beta key, and share my feedback with you all! ^_^

Ahh Sparrow... Spammy Sparrow...

I have no doubt you will get a beta key, and I fear I will meet you ingame some time...

ShadowyMoon
07-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Funny to see Sparrow still alive and kickin'.

crex719
07-26-2009, 11:26 PM
I am so excited about the beta, its gonna be so fun playing with all of you guys!

LiTos456
07-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Ahh Sparrow... Spammy Sparrow...

I have no doubt you will get a beta key, and I fear I will meet you ingame some time...

Hah! I'll meet him and end his miserable existence.
We're all going to share our feedback btw, especially fan site owners.
We're gonna have some hell of reviewing to do...

Darathor
07-27-2009, 10:59 AM
I think Sparrow might have a little too many enemies in mmorts mode,:D at least when we start out. And yes, there will be tons of things to review and access and try out.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Please try and get back on topic.

Darathor
07-29-2009, 09:16 AM
So the beta will last 18 weeks? So roughly 4.5 months, and the beta seems like it will end when the game comes out.

LiTos456
07-29-2009, 10:25 AM
When is it god damn starting? Lol.

Darathor
07-29-2009, 02:00 PM
According to what I just said(which probably isn't true, neither is what I'm about to say) it'll start in early-mid September.

Aametherar
07-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Yikes, I hope it's sooner, im dyin over here! heh, but still...must wait patiently ~twiddles fingers~

nickson104
07-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Yikes, I hope it's sooner, im dyin over here! heh, but still...must wait patiently ~twiddles fingers~

The excitement is doubled for you... knowing you definitely have a place ;) :p

Darathor
07-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Oooo, yeah, it must be horrible for you Aametherar, knowing that your in the first and all subsequent betas.

Neotyguy40
07-29-2009, 09:53 PM
I have a question, when you put out the first stage for open beta, will you announce it? Or will you just give the invites and keep it private...

Darathor
07-30-2009, 12:00 PM
I bet "someone" would shout out on the forums that they are in the first beta and tell everyone that it is starting.:)

lord_farquad
08-08-2009, 08:14 AM
I go away for a few months and the beta announcement comes out.... all I can say is about time!!!

Aametherar
08-08-2009, 10:19 AM
I bet "someone" would shout out on the forums that they are in the first beta and tell everyone that it is starting.:)

I would never tell you that i'm in beta at the moment.

Darathor
08-08-2009, 10:38 AM
I never said you Aametherar, could be anyone, and I mean anyone.;)

CG-Sodar
08-14-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm really looking forward to playing this game, Ive been watching this game for some time now and I think it can become very popular!

satrincha
08-17-2009, 07:01 PM
tailer look awesome ! i hope i will play the CB and help devs ! :)

zach12wqasxz
08-17-2009, 11:57 PM
tailer look awesome ! i hope i will play the CB and help devs ! :)

u can start by creating a race at dofsource.com, they vote on the best race and whoever wins gets a beta key

onafets
08-24-2009, 12:46 AM
I'm sorry to take up your time but I got a couple questions for you.

Is there a way to sign up for open beta testing?

And lets say that somebody wouldn't want to try open beta part 1, but would like to try parts 4 or 5, is it possible to choose which beta stages they will be assigned?

Or is everybody on the forums invited without signing up for anything?

Or do you have to basically prove yourselfs worthy by posting topics and comments to show the passion that the person has for the game, then they will be invited?

How is it going to work?

LiTos456
08-24-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm sorry to take up your time but I got a couple questions for you.

Is there a way to sign up for open beta testing?

And lets say that somebody wouldn't want to try open beta part 1, but would like to try parts 4 or 5, is it possible to choose which beta stages they will be assigned?

Or is everybody on the forums invited without signing up for anything?

Or do you have to basically prove yourselfs worthy by posting topics and comments to show the passion that the person has for the game, then they will be invited?

How is it going to work?

Sites such as Dofsource.com are hosting contests that will let you get into the closed beta. Currently dofsource has ran its 2nd contest and is running the poll now, however the 3rd contest will start almost immediately after this one ends, as will the 4th and final contest.
Im sure you mean closed beta instead of open and yes, our contest provides the winner to get into the 1st closed beta and on, and the 2nd and 3rd places into the 2nd closed beta.

FlaschePommes
08-24-2009, 12:26 PM
LiTos, do you already know what the 3d and 4th contests will be about, or is this something top-secret?

LiTos456
08-24-2009, 01:00 PM
The 3rd contest will be "create-a-contest", as I announced on dofsource. people will make their own contest. There will be only 1 winner, whose contest will be the 4th contest. :) We really like to make users feel like they're important on our site, so I how cool is that, when one of you gets to make their own contest and then it'll be the 4th, where people will win keys!

Darathor
08-24-2009, 04:17 PM
By registering on these forums you are guaranteed to get into the beta, though probably it will be the 3rd closed beta at the earliest you will get into. There are many contests on the fansites (dofsource and heavengames). If there are too many people who would get into beta that way, then if you post things you will more likely be selected, but I doubt that would happen.

LiTos456
08-24-2009, 05:08 PM
By registering on these forums you are guaranteed to get into the beta,
That isn't true. They're selecting those from the forums who make enough constructive posts, etc. Not everyone who's registered.

Aametherar
08-24-2009, 05:10 PM
That isn't true. They're selecting those from the forums who make enough constructive posts, etc. Not everyone who's registered.

Actually it is true by registering you secure a spot in beta, which spot is not specified so based on forum activity if you never post it could very well be the last stage of beta, but you will get in.

Darathor
08-24-2009, 05:12 PM
On the main site it says that if you register by September 15 you will get a spot in beta so I don't really know.
But does that mean that the beta will come out near September 15?
Did I predict that beta will begin in mid-September? I think I did, no really, did I? I'm too lazy to look back in this thread to find out.
Edit: I did say early-mid September.

szebus
08-25-2009, 12:37 AM
On the main site it says that if you register by September 15 you will get a spot in beta ...

As far as I have seen things at other companies, i guess, the beta should start in October and the date limit for subscription is to not exceed the testers quantity and those who register before September 15th should get in the beta but depending on forum activity and contest winnings, but every registered user until that date could be in the final beta stage because it is the "mmo stress test", as far as I know.

Athos
08-25-2009, 08:41 AM
On the main site it says that if you register by September 15 you will get a spot in beta ...

Then my time of registration can't have been better... :D

I have a question, though. Is this an MMORTS only, or does it work like an RTS on non-internet computers? I have a mind to put it on my gaming computer, but only if there will be a point in doing so...

FlaschePommes
08-25-2009, 09:12 AM
There will be a single-player-campaign and a skirmish mode against the AI.
But for me is the MMO mode the core of the game, which makes it innovative.

Kire
08-25-2009, 09:31 AM
There will be a single-player-campaign and a skirmish mode against the AI or players.
But for me is the MMO mode the core of the game, which makes it innovative.

Fixed, i think it gives also that. =)
(i am predicting AI means just computer =P)

Athos
08-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Fixed, i think it gives also that. =)
(i am predicting AI means just computer =P)

To be exact, it means artificial intelligence. :p

@ FlaschePommes: That makes us different, then... the main focus for me would be single-player. Campaign sounds awesome to me...

Aametherar
08-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Im just a bit worried about the longer beta doesn't start the more behind schedule from plans they were (not that they had a set schedule) it'd be nice to see the game poping out of the woodworks by early 2010 though.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-25-2009, 12:30 PM
I'd think it'd be more mid 2010 than early at the current rate things have been going.

Aametherar
08-25-2009, 12:30 PM
I'd think it'd be more mid 2010 than early at the current rate things have been going.

I'm shooting for mid-late 2010 at the moment I agree.

OrcSlayer
08-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Hopfuly during mid summer months

wills370
08-26-2009, 04:09 AM
Sounds good to me. I should be glad just updated my comp recently with another graphic card and cooling system. Shame about not having air con in my room though. With the closed beta will there be a closed in house forum for sugestions and glitch finding or can it be done through a messsanger system as that would be alot more affective in posting/discussing problems.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-26-2009, 05:39 PM
I'd expect they would open another thread for beta discussions.

wertosos
08-29-2009, 08:33 AM
how can you get into beta:confused:

Darathor
08-29-2009, 09:16 AM
By registering on the forums or participating in a fan-site contest.

LiTos456
08-29-2009, 09:27 AM
By registering on the forums

They won't select everyone who's on the forums. Only some people who have been contributing and posting actively, or veterans, any of that. But you can't just register on the forum and hope you'll get a beta key.

wills370
08-29-2009, 11:11 AM
They won't select everyone who's on the forums. Only some people who have been contributing and posting actively, or veterans, any of that. But you can't just register on the forum and hope you'll get a beta key.

That sounds fair enough to me. They could do with altering there message on the main site as it is misleading and i have seen quite a few new people have joined since seeingit obviously thinking all they need to do is sign up to get it.

Also with the beta will some competitions be ran in this forum as my comp dosent like the sites they run all the comps on.

Destroya22
08-30-2009, 01:05 AM
So there is no chance at all for us newbies to get into the beta? :(

Darathor
08-30-2009, 07:35 AM
There are some, just try to post constructive things and maybe try a few fan-site contests.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-30-2009, 12:56 PM
What type of competitions are you refering to?

Aametherar
08-30-2009, 01:30 PM
So there is no chance at all for us newbies to get into the beta? :(

Just registering gets you in. Being active and contributing in the forums just means that you'll probably get in much sooner.

Darathor
08-30-2009, 02:09 PM
What type of competitions are you refering to?

If your referring to me, there is one on Dofsource soon, one going on in HG forums, and maybe the one over at rtscommunity(isn't that one over actually?).

iceblast
08-30-2009, 03:23 PM

And yeah player mass will accumulate from one stage to another.

wow sounds great, appreciate that you do these things for the community unlike EA.

your game will go alot further than a EA RTS.

wills370
08-30-2009, 04:50 PM
wow sounds great, appreciate that you do these things for the community unlike EA.

your game will go alot further than a EA RTS.

True, i think its a positive move alos. The more you get the community of a game involved to highlight issues and give ideas/feedback the better.

Josh Warner
09-02-2009, 11:42 PM
I know an ETA for release is out of the question, but any idea when we'll see the CB start? -note- I do realize late spring is mentioned several times, I'm just wondering if that has changed since the 4-6 months depending on where you look the 'late spring' was mentioned. If I recall correctly - spring ends sept22nd.

sneaky_squirrel
09-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Can't wait for beta to start ;p.

Josh Warner
09-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Also, will there be an NDA.

wills370
09-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Should be intresting i would imagine there may be a delay also if the beta turns out problems also. As what sometimes happens when they find the engines stutter under the volume of people using it. So keep in mind the beta is still a testing phase and as such part of development. Even if it is close to the release date :)

Darathor
09-03-2009, 07:45 AM
They said back in july or something that it will be released near February 2010, but that may have changed by now.

wills370
09-04-2009, 04:23 AM
They said back in july or something that it will be released near February 2010, but that may have changed by now.

wouldent suprised me. With the dates of the closed betaa it might be a few months on from that.

Darvin
09-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Also, will there be an NDA.
While I can't say with 100% certainty, I doubt this is the case. The purpose of the beta is to get feedback, so muzzling us and preventing us from discussing the game in the open is certainly counter-productive.

Josh Warner
09-04-2009, 08:28 PM
While I can't say with 100% certainty, I doubt this is the case. The purpose of the beta is to get feedback, so muzzling us and preventing us from discussing the game in the open is certainly counter-productive.

We don't have to discuss it in the open for good feedback, all it needs is a usergroup restricted forum. NDAs have valid purposes, whether or not it'd work best here? No idea, but I imagine the devs have at least thought about it by now.

blackfang
09-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I Have To Test This Game!!!!

sneaky_squirrel
09-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Then put a little effort and go to:

HG Contest (http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=51&tn=39&st=recent&f=51,39,0,10)

DoF Source Contest (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827)

kingkio
09-05-2009, 12:15 PM
cool, just found out about the game but it looks and sounds amazing

blackfang
09-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Then put a little effort and go to:

HG Contest (http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=51&tn=39&st=recent&f=51,39,0,10)

DoF Source Contest (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827)
well i am no good with art and creativity is bad aswell:( so even tough i have to try it out its not the end of the world if its not the first or second beta i can manage til third if i have to... But i HAVE TO TRY IT OUT!

xsacha
09-06-2009, 12:07 AM
I noticed on the main website it says you have to register before the 15th of September to get in to the closed beta. Which stage closed beta would this be.
Is the first stage secretly in progress already?

sneaky_squirrel
09-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Nope, Im in first one and it hasn't started yet ;p...you can trust me...BWUAHAHAHAHAHAH...nah but seriously, not yet.

wills370
09-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Nope, Im in first one and it hasn't started yet ;p...you can trust me...BWUAHAHAHAHAHAH...nah but seriously, not yet.

lol why lie:P we all know that comp was a elaborate ploy to make you look like your in the beta mwahaha im on to you.

On a side note i belive the second or third stage is the one that everyone will be that one. The first will be for thoose who have shown the most help in forum.

Blatant7
09-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I actually am in the first beta, and I can confirm that it hasn't started yet.

Nicodemus
09-07-2009, 12:45 PM
excellent! Looking forward to it! Thanks for the updates!

Espadachim
09-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Althought I'm not nor in the HG contest nor in the DoF Site contest, I'm looking forward for this game. :D

Blatant7
09-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Espadachim, from AoKH? Hey.

Espadachim
09-08-2009, 03:51 PM
The one and only, cherub.

We have quite some members here.

Kal Torak
09-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Althought I'm not nor in the HG contest nor in the DoF Site contest, I'm looking forward for this game. :D
With any luck you should be able to get in beta off being active on these forums. If you're really excited though it might be better to try for a contest.

Espadachim
09-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I'll try to keep activity up. Without spamming, of course. :D

link oh ki
09-09-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure if 50 initial people will be enough.
Players aren't as reliable as paid testers. Some players may not be as zealotic as some others :)
how will the first 50 be chosen?

Kal Torak
09-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Don't worry the first 50 will be chosen very carefully.

dustino
09-09-2009, 12:20 PM
I just checked out this game today.. been playing Evony(boring) lucky I signed up here to reserve my spot..

Kal Torak
09-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Good luck! Evony is a terrible game, this one's going to be great.

SnakeMan
09-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Hooray! Eccentric! :D I can't wait!

dtp_bernd
09-14-2009, 03:59 AM
hi all,

I just registered here. Hopefully it is not to late for a beta invite.
I am looking forward to this game. Finally a nice looking MMORTS. Battleforge (not quite the same, but similar) was much to to candy-coloured and unrealistic...

LiTos456
09-14-2009, 01:41 PM
hi all,

I just registered here. Hopefully it is not to late for a beta invite.
I am looking forward to this game. Finally a nice looking MMORTS. Battleforge (not quite the same, but similar) was much to to candy-coloured and unrealistic...

Go to dofsource.com mate, we have contests going on there for beta keys.

JDmino
09-15-2009, 01:43 AM
Does everyone who registers in the forums get a beta key?

Aceinthehole
09-15-2009, 06:14 AM
Or is it dependant on length of time registered/ number of posts?

Deanyay
09-15-2009, 06:41 AM
I would be so happy to get into a beta like this game. My friend got into the WotLK beta so that was kind of annoying.

szebus
09-15-2009, 07:52 AM
As far as I know it depend on how constructive the posts were.

Josh Warner
09-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Uh, the 'before sept 15th' for a key was likely for the last phase ie; the stress test, earlier phases are chosen through an unknown process excluding the keys that are given based upon contests of course.

Rubenrobbie2
09-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Cool, its already september 15th, closed beta might be ready :)

Ironic
09-16-2009, 03:53 AM
anyone got into the beta so far ( if ur allowed to say that or whateva )

Josh Warner
09-16-2009, 04:10 AM
anyone got into the beta so far ( if ur allowed to say that or whateva )

The beta hasn't started yet, I believe they said next month it might be ready. I'll go look for the quote. There are testers in the game, but they are not beta people, I'm guessing they're friends/family/employees.

As far as if we'd be allowed to, we would have to be - some members of the community have won/been given beta keys publicly. The fan site owners all have been given keys for their contests. For example, I won second place in a contest at http://dofsource.com/forum/index.php, I will be in either the second or third phase of beta. Squirrel won first place in another contest, he will be in the first phase. I'm guessing the fansite owners have their own keys for themselves and any staff too, Litos mentioned something about that in a shout on his site a while back.

wills370
09-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Hmm fair enough, unfortunate that thoose who have been most active/ responsive in this forum arent be considered. My comp hates the other dawn of fantasy site however so i have never used it. :( BAD TIMES

Josh Warner
09-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Hmm fair enough, unfortunate that thoose who have been most active/ responsive in this forum arent be considered. My comp hates the other dawn of fantasy site however so i have never used it. :( BAD TIMES

People will be chosen from the forum, rest assured. Only SOME keys are used in contests. Not all of them lol. Sorry for the confusion.

Puppeteer
09-16-2009, 11:49 AM

wills don't worry, you're not the only member to have the fansites reject him :p My laptop really hates DoFSource for some reason, which is a bit of a bummer.

LiTos456
09-16-2009, 02:59 PM
wills don't worry, you're not the only member to have the fansites reject him :p My laptop really hates DoFSource for some reason, which is a bit of a bummer.

Yeah I've been hearing DoFSource can sometimes be a problematic site. Nothing I can do about it though, which is a shame. It used to be really messed up on internet explorer, now either I was blind or it's better. Either way, sorry you're having problems. I wish I could help.

I also wonder why new guys don't read 2 posts above them before they post asking about how to get a beta key in this thread.

Puppeteer
09-16-2009, 03:50 PM
I also wonder why new guys don't read 2 posts above them before they post asking about how to get a beta key in this thread.

Highlighted the problem for ya.

wills370
09-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Woo good to hear some forum posters will be taken into the running.

Also hmm could be something to do with firewall settings. i know my internet is ran through a business level firewall etc. So could mess up some activex control etc on dofsource?

And yeah it annoys me to. Hmm should just threaten there account i guess with a 3 strikes your out in the first 50 posts if it is offtopic etc?

LiTos456
09-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Dofsource doesn't use activex. Maybe the theme is cheesy with different browsers, etc.

Artilla
09-17-2009, 12:38 AM
don't have any problems with firefox no explorer maybe adjust the settings of your browser?

wills370
09-17-2009, 03:36 AM
Dofsource doesn't use activex. Maybe the theme is cheesy with different browsers, etc.

Hmm possibly. its the forum boxes that dont load though i get the background. Well thats how it was last time i checked anyway, and hmm fair enough not sure what it is then if you dont have activex.

Puppeteer
09-17-2009, 05:48 AM
DoFSource just plain crashes on my computer, after a couple of seconds. No error boxes, just an old-fashion crash.

LiTos456
09-17-2009, 02:40 PM
DoFSource just plain crashes on my computer, after a couple of seconds. No error boxes, just an old-fashion crash.

Man that's weird.
Get a new computer.
Honestly out of all the people why are you suffering this issues.

Puppeteer
09-17-2009, 02:51 PM
My laptop is new.
Huh, I'd left it a month and now I can access your site. Hmm. Anyway, I voted in your poll then. I wonder when the crashes will start again...

The Witch King of Angmar
09-17-2009, 07:10 PM
I would love to know what is included in the beta content and if multiplayer will be enabled. Honestly, just a tutorial or a map or two letting you be able to be one race would satisfy me. Again this is me personally.

PS Attempt to get back on topic. :p

LiTos456
09-17-2009, 10:36 PM
That IS on topic lol...

My laptop is new.
Huh, I'd left it a month and now I can access your site. Hmm. Anyway, I voted in your poll then. I wonder when the crashes will start again...

Oh! Interesting! I hope they don't start again at all! Glad it works.

Konstantin Fomenko
09-18-2009, 12:22 AM
I would love to know what is included in the beta content and if multiplayer will be enabled. Honestly, just a tutorial or a map or two letting you be able to be one race would satisfy me. Again this is me personally.

Eventually our goal is to test out all the content that makes it to retail version. But for these who`ll make it to the closed beta, things will start up just as your describe for stage 1. And we can`t wait to finally get going with beta...

JDmino
09-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Is the world editor going to be in the beta? I am really looking forward to that, I am a scenario designer for Age of Mythology, but I have been looking for an even more powerful editor to use.

Gleem
09-19-2009, 04:09 AM
I can't wait for this game to release. I hope I get into an earlier beta!!

Rubenrobbie2
09-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Lol.......................

deathshroud
09-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Game looks great really love the atmosphere of the vids and the graphics are amazingly good. Hope i get a chance to join the beta but i missed the deadline for signing into forums by a few days.

One question though. Are beta testers subjected to an NDA when it comes to discussing the game?

Josh Warner
09-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Game looks great really love the atmosphere of the vids and the graphics are amazingly good. Hope i get a chance to join the beta but i missed the deadline for signing into forums by a few days.

One question though. Are beta testers subjected to an NDA when it comes to discussing the game?

They haven't said anything to us regarding an NDA, I'd assume yes unless they say otherwise.

Edit: First bit of news on the NDA, as we thought, there will be one.

Closed beta testers will be under very strict NDA - same one our employees sign. People would actually need to sign this NDA electronically or via fax.

With open beta, NDA will be less strict. We should even allow poting screens and videos at a later part of closed beta. And it`ll be click "I accept" button to sign, instead of actual signature.

wills370
09-21-2009, 04:06 AM
Sounds good, will be nice to get some user created content on there when the time is right. lol maybe we will have another sheesy voice like there was on the first DOF trailor if anyone remembers that?

Ironic
09-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Sounds good, will be nice to get some user created content on there when the time is right. lol maybe we will have another sheesy voice like there was on the first DOF trailor if anyone remembers that?

THERE IS A LAND, WHERE YOU, CAN BE KING

edit: haha just watched it again, he says fantasy in the most ******ed way. sorry if its one of the devs :)

crazymcdazy
09-27-2009, 03:50 AM
Is it still to late to register for beta?

I think this game looks so cool. Like AOE on some hardcore roids.

Supreme
09-27-2009, 04:36 AM
At what stage is the game right now? Still pre-beta doing last-minute stuff or has it entered stage 1 already?

Darathor
09-27-2009, 08:22 AM
This game isn't quite into beta but that is hopefully coming soon, like a few weeks.

Supreme
09-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Alrighty, thanks for the answer.

wills370
09-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Alrighty, thanks for the answer.

(that is closed beta however i recomend you look in the main section when it describes each stage. Just incase you thing stage1 is where loadsw of people are present)

Supreme
09-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Nah i've read it, just curious.

Kenny
09-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Hello.

Are there opportunities for the closed beta bewerdeben or almost 15, all slots occupied.
And how can you register for the open beta?

Google Translate :rolleyes:

LiTos456
09-29-2009, 02:32 PM
You can still get a beta key for closed beta by participating in one of the fansite contests (such as on dofsource.com, next contest will be opened soon). The forum picking is pretty much outdate now, not enough time for you to become a valued member I think, so best bet is the contests.

Kenny
09-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Too bad. Seems to be a really good game as far as I can now beurlteilen for screens and trailer.

Many people from the gaming community, or (clan) would join with. Hope you get a chance to participate in the beta.
On the final game anyway :D

LiTos456
09-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Who me? I am in the beta, I'm the one who gives beta keys to others on the first place

wills370
09-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Who me? I am in the beta, I'm the one who gives beta keys to others on the first place

Sounds good to me. Anyway one of thoose beta keys can find its way into my postbox? ;)

when is the next contest by the way?

Kenny
09-30-2009, 11:31 AM
@LiTos456
Will Guild / Clan Keys assigned when the next beta phase? Or, is open to all?

Supreme
09-30-2009, 11:32 AM
You can still get a beta key for closed beta by participating in one of the fansite contests (such as on dofsource.com, next contest will be opened soon). The forum picking is pretty much outdate now, not enough time for you to become a valued member I think, so best bet is the contests.

You seem to forget not all of us are creative beasts.. :P

Kenny
09-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Well then I hope very soon to open is there. :(

http://www.g-g-c.de/contentimages/teams/exa.gif

LiTos456
09-30-2009, 02:21 PM
You seem to forget not all of us are creative beasts.. :P

What other choice do you have? Time to boost up your creativity. It's worth it even if you don't get in.

Josh Warner
09-30-2009, 03:14 PM
@LiTos456
Will Guild / Clan Keys assigned when the next beta phase? Or, is open to all?

They have not said anything in regards to giving keys to groups of players like that, DoF doesn't have the sort of established pre-game community to bother with that for the most part, so it's likely to all be individual based.

wills370
09-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Hmm i wonder how much longer we will have to wait untill we know if we are in or not. The suspense is killing me.

And will they contact us through forum mail? or the email you used when registering. As it could get caught in the junk mail depending on peoples settings if that is the case?

LiTos456
09-30-2009, 06:21 PM
They have not said anything in regards to giving keys to groups of players like that, DoF doesn't have the sort of established pre-game community to bother with that for the most part, so it's likely to all be individual based.

Not all clans are DoF only. By clan keys it means any gaming clan could get a set of keys for their clan. Usually they are reviewed by the developers before the keys are given, and not randomly picked (and I'm talking big developers).

Josh Warner
09-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Not all clans are DoF only. By clan keys it means any gaming clan could get a set of keys for their clan. Usually they are reviewed by the developers before the keys are given, and not randomly picked (and I'm talking big developers).

I'm well aware of how it works, I've been in several game betas due to clan affiliation Litos. I'm just saying so far there have been none in the community, perhaps if they had a longstanding presence in the community or something, sure. But there hasn't been any interest at a clan level, and it seems unlikely to give a clan keys that hasn't been following the game and just signs up weeks before beta starts. Maybe for the very large and well known ones, but we'll see. I doubt it is all.

Supreme
10-02-2009, 02:35 AM
What other choice do you have? Time to boost up your creativity. It's worth it even if you don't get in.

I have no interest in being a creative beast, unless its for good jokes :P, Anyway nah gotta get back on track with school..so.

Haeso: What is the advantage. -> The clan people telling theyre clan if its good or not. And this is worthwhile because reviews are less important then the clannies opinions.

But yea ive been following the game silently for a bit but havent heard of any clanmates of mine so I guess im the only one ;). Same with you guys I guess. (Society of the Anvil ring a bell? known from Darkfall mostly).

LiTos456
10-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm well aware of how it works, I've been in several game betas due to clan affiliation Litos. I'm just saying so far there have been none in the community, perhaps if they had a longstanding presence in the community or something, sure. But there hasn't been any interest at a clan level, and it seems unlikely to give a clan keys that hasn't been following the game and just signs up weeks before beta starts. Maybe for the very large and well known ones, but we'll see. I doubt it is all.

I'm in a clan like that, but I'm the only one here, however not the only one in my clan who is interested in the game. Usually if one of us finds a game with a clan beta giveaway, it takes just that one of us to make the leader sign up the beta. So there doesn't need to be clan activity within this game's community really.

Josh Warner
10-02-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm in a clan like that, but I'm the only one here, however not the only one in my clan who is interested in the game. Usually if one of us finds a game with a clan beta giveaway, it takes just that one of us to make the leader sign up the beta. So there doesn't need to be clan activity within this game's community really.

Well obviously if there is a clan beta planned it doesn't matter, I'm saying since there hasn't been one mentioned and there isn't a clan-level interest it's highly unlikely it'll happen. I don't see them giving keys to clans over individual members of the community who have been here a long time just because they're in a clan.

The other thing is that while this game has support for clans, unlike a lot of other games it's not really the type of game that's built for clan content. There's no themepark element that I know that requires you to have a ton of players to go to a specific area or anything, and pvp you can't really take a whole clan to a battle. Simply isn't possible because of the limits per battle map. If the game actually had content that needed large groups of players working together to test - I'd see more reason to give clans keys.

cybroxis
10-04-2009, 12:50 PM
In my opinion, besides Cultures 2 (old), this is the only realistic rts :P (loot corpses, climb mountains, swim through rivers, armies level up instead of staying at same experience even after countless battles, extreme amount of stronghold-like strategy involved (I assume we will have stronghold style burning, rolling logs and traps that can be set up on the castles)) Really, I can't believe how many rts are exactly alike (maybe a little different graphics and play styles, but essentially the same). Plus I like fantasy stories the best (not the unicorn, fairy, and happily ever after crap though :rolleyes: )

wills370
10-04-2009, 03:27 PM
True i hate all thoose nice everyone gets along type games. No realism and certianly no fun. And the range this will have is unbeleivable. Yes i do beleive there will be traps you can set up. Possibly more with the humans being the defence/builder focused race but still all should have some features such as traps etc.

LiTos456
10-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I hope you can improvise like Red Faction Guerrilla.
I'm married to that game <3

wills370
10-05-2009, 03:33 AM
I hope you can improvise like Red Faction Guerrilla.
I'm married to that game <3

lol noticed with the videos :P

Hmm yeah some improvisation aspect would be cool in the game. like cutting own trees near a enemy castle to create less effective seige ladders?

EmpressHebihime
10-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Wow, this game actually seems promising. I hope there might be people that are willing to Roleplay in this game. And I hope this game will be great. ^^

Darathor
10-11-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm willing to roleplay a decent amount of the time I play, would be nice to go on an epic adventure with some people and make it seem so much more real.

WarWolf
10-11-2009, 10:49 PM
This is good to know, the origional trailer made me laugh so hard but I think now I'm quite intruiged to this game and would love to help test it.

sneaky_squirrel
10-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Either get in a contest or your going to have to wait a bit longer ;p.

DoFSource is hosting an essay contest if your interested.

wills370
10-12-2009, 04:11 AM
Either get in a contest or your going to have to wait a bit longer ;p.

DoFSource is hosting an essay contest if your interested.

also dawnoffantasyheaven is also running a competiton. Not sure how much longer though so enter soon.

bogdan1281
10-22-2009, 05:22 AM
hi guys,

any news? did the beta start as sheduled on the 15.10?

could apreciate some screenshots, campaign stories!!.

if needed...i am your beta volunteer :) just send an invitation :)

Supreme
10-22-2009, 05:56 AM
See the "media fair" lots of screenshots there

bogdan1281
10-22-2009, 06:10 AM
I know...but i want something new....i thirst for battle :)

Darathor
10-22-2009, 07:43 AM
The beta didn't start on the 15th, that was just the deadline to get into beta by registering on the forums. The beta is an unknown, but not too long, distance of time away.

Puppeteer
11-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Why on earth did you post this here? What relevance does it have? Keep it to your topic!

Supreme
11-05-2009, 05:45 AM
Dont be so harsh, you dont want to be harsh against a cyber-optic half-dracula snake somewhere in the darkness.

I was wondering though, seeing as a lot of keys have already been given out, can they already play the game or is it set to start within a few days/weeks.

Noxeros
11-08-2009, 11:54 AM
I notice that the thread is quite old, have the closed beta started yet? And if not, how do I join it? (This question is to every stage of the testing)

Joseph Visscher
11-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I am ending this flame war right now, if you wish to spared of the Ban Hammer then stop the flame war immediately, this includes adding fuel it.

LiTos456, cybroxis, I'm disappointed in you both.

cybroxis stop ranting about not 'winning' a beta key,,, We need people who will help us in beta to fix up the game, not whine about every little thing when they don't get what they want or cause immature conflicts between people.
I did not just evaluate your post in the contest, I evaluated you and whether or not you would be the best help within beta. The downfall of your evaluation was your attitude, and as the above flame war shows I evaluated correctly.

LiTos456 You keep fueling the hatred towards cybroxis to others because of his attitude, slandering is injustice, your gang is ganging up on cybroxis, trapping him in the corner, things in corners fight back.

You both need to learn how to avoid making enemies, seriously.

Now Get back on topic or 'just you two' can apologize to each other, unless you want to stay bitter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I notice that the thread is quite old, have the closed beta started yet? And if not, how do I join it? (This question is to every stage of the testing)

Beta is not started yet, it will be announced in due time.

I was wondering though, seeing as a lot of keys have already been given out, can they already play the game or is it set to start within a few days/weeks.

No one is playing beta until we are ready. Again, we will announce when it has started.

Generation
11-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Hmmmm flaming each other huh tsk tsk tsk jk :D been a while since i got on so how's everyone doing?

Darvin
11-09-2009, 03:18 AM
Beta is not started yet, it will be announced in due time.
Unfortunately, people are getting antsy. I know I've gotten a few private messages on RTSC asking about this, and there's really not much I can say other than "no word from Reverie, I'm in the same boat as you".

Even my usually boundless patience is beginning to wear thin, and if I haven't been around the site much lately it's because I've been trying to put it out of my mind.

The Witch King of Angmar
11-10-2009, 08:12 PM
New beta question: With the beta, whatever race we are allowed to play, will we be able to use all the units of that faction? If classified, tis' ok.

Thanks

Joseph Visscher
11-11-2009, 10:00 AM
New beta question: With the beta, whatever race we are allowed to play, will we be able to use all the units of that faction? If classified, tis' ok.

Thanks

I can say theoretically say Yes, because we will want to balance the game within beta, which you can't really do if not all units are not playable. :)
There could be a chance of a few missing unlockable units and heroes for the first closed beta.

The Witch King of Angmar
11-11-2009, 07:51 PM
How do we unlock unlockable units? Do we have to complete certain quests or get a certain amount of resources?

Thanks

Andy Joslin
11-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Even my usually boundless patience is beginning to wear thin, and if I haven't been around the site much lately it's because I've been trying to put it out of my mind.
I really have no idea when it will be ready...I'm not going to give a date but I hope it will be very soon. In my personal opinion, the game is nearly ready for beta stage I and maybe II at its current state, but it's not up to me. Sorry, but I can't give you any other answer than the one I'm sure you're tired of hearing: It'll be ready as soon as it's ready. :p

How do we unlock unlockable units? Do we have to complete certain quests or get a certain amount of resources?

Units are unlocked through technologies or through purchasing them with influence. Influence is gained through completing quests, winning battles, through buying with real money, or for many other things.

Alex Walz
11-11-2009, 09:52 PM
We appreciate your patience and understand your frustration, but also understand that we are not an independent studios and as such, we do not have full control over everything. The beta and the game's final content are matters that lie, in large part, with our publisher. We are working on finishing the game as quickly as possible but in the end, we need the go-ahead from our publisher.

Darvin
11-11-2009, 11:22 PM
In my personal opinion, the game is nearly ready for beta stage I and maybe II at its current state, but it's not up to me. Sorry, but I can't give you any other answer than the one I'm sure you're tired of hearing: It'll be ready as soon as it's ready.
Oh, I know that this is the best answer you can give me. That's why I'm not badgering you guys.

Units are unlocked through technologies or through purchasing them with influence. Influence is gained through completing quests, winning battles, through buying with real money, or for many other things.
And how does this relate with skirmish mode? Are all these units simply available in a skirmish, or are they MMO-mode only?

Puppeteer
11-12-2009, 11:33 AM

Mmm. Have you read 'The Great Gatsby'? Or even just the first page?
It's a shame that so close to the beta release I'm being overloaded with other commitments!

The Witch King of Angmar
11-13-2009, 08:59 PM
I can't wait to start reading that in English this year! Personally, I just busy myself with other games or activities ie: Star Wars Battlefront, homework, basketball etc. Whenever I see the new screens every week or two, it proves to me, at least, that my patience has paid off a little. Keep up the great work guys.

crex719
11-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Ugh college gives me too much free time, I needz beta!!
So just to clarify, is beta NDA?

Josh Warner
11-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Ugh college gives me too much free time, I needz beta!!
So just to clarify, is beta NDA?

yes beta will have an NDA.

The Witch King of Angmar
11-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Excuse me for noobishness, but, what is NDA?

Thanks

Supreme
11-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Forgot what it stands for but it means you cannot post anything about the beta (screenshots etc.) on external locations (ie everything except the beta-closed forum).

No talking about specific issue's regarding the beta to none-betatesters.

Andy Joslin
11-15-2009, 04:11 PM
A non-disclosure agreement (NDA), also known as a confidentiality agreement, confidential disclosure agreement (CDA), proprietary information agreement (PIA), or secrecy agreement, is a legal contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict access to by third parties. It is a contract through which the parties agree not to disclose information covered by the agreement. An NDA creates a confidential relationship between the parties to protect any type of confidential and proprietary information or trade secrets. As such, an NDA protects non-public business information.
From Wikipedia:NDA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement)

LiTos456
11-15-2009, 05:34 PM
yes beta will have an NDA.

Wow, well that sucks! I was gonna do a video preview on it lol.
Still though, can I at least do a 1-2 minute preview? Or at least write about some things? I mean... come on, beta is out and peeps can't know what's going down in there at all?

crex719
11-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Soooooooooo glad I asked that question :-) we woulda had a lot of youtube videos up

Blatant7
11-15-2009, 06:47 PM
My guess is that the NDA is final. You can't reveal any info publicly. At all.

Darvin
11-15-2009, 08:51 PM
There is no telling how "restrictive" the NDA will be. It may be we are allowed to post screenshots and have public discussion about the game, and only more technical details cannot be discussed. It may be we are not allowed to discuss anything in public and need to keep any discussions to a private forum. Until we actually see the NDA itself we cannot say for certain.

Josh Warner
11-15-2009, 10:32 PM
For the closed/early beta at least don't expect to be allowed to reveal much if any information without express consent from a Dev. You might be able to ask us if you can post certain things though.

Edit: Here you go everyone.

Closed beta testers will be under very strict NDA - same one our employees sign. People would actually need to sign this NDA electronically or via fax.

With open beta, NDA will be less strict. We should even allow poting screens and videos at a later part of closed beta. And it`ll be click "I accept" button to sign, instead of actual signature.

winner :p

My guess is that the NDA is final. You can't reveal any info publicly. At all.

Espadachim
11-16-2009, 10:57 AM
So, for example, someone who's in the second closed beta stage. That actually means that he cannot post any sort of technical info, but can release a screenshot or two?

Josh Warner
11-16-2009, 11:40 AM
So, for example, someone who's in the second closed beta stage. That actually means that he cannot post any sort of technical info, but can release a screenshot or two?

Don't read too much into it :p we'd like to let something like that happen, but it would likely be regulated be it screening what you want to reveal publicly or a guideline for what can and can't be released. Assume you can't reveal anything, at any point, until you're told otherwise. I imagine there would be some sort of announcement for the beta testers be it in game or on a private forum for testers.

nickson104
11-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Will an announcement be made when first stage of closed beta begins? Or will it be hush-hush, only informing those selected to participate in that stage?

As for posting media to the community during such stages... Perhaps we could take a screenshot or footage and hand it to dev's to screen and upload if acceptable? (with mention of who took it of course)

Espadachim
11-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Don't read too much into it :p we'd like to let something like that happen, but it would likely be regulated be it screening what you want to reveal publicly or a guideline for what can and can't be released. Assume you can't reveal anything, at any point, until you're told otherwise. I imagine there would be some sort of announcement for the beta testers be it in game or on a private forum for testers.

Hmm. good, good. I'm particularly interested in these, uh... points.

(Off-Topic: You are Haeso, right?)

EDIT:

Just asked because I gained a key to 2nd beta. :p

Josh Warner
11-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Hmm. good, good. I'm particularly interested in these, uh... points.

(Off-Topic: You are Haeso, right?)

I am indeed.

I kind of figured as much as far as having a beta key heh.

LiTos456
11-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Oh well then. Too bad for you guys who don't get in the beta then :) Haha...sorry.I'll do a video review as soon as I'm allowed.

Espadachim
11-16-2009, 02:27 PM
But can I keep some screenshots to myself? :p

Now, a bit off the 100%:

There will be a downloadable demo?

Darvin
11-16-2009, 05:08 PM
But can I keep some screenshots to myself?
It's a non-disclosure agreement. You can keep whatever you want, you just can't disclose (send, post, share) it.

Espadachim
11-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Hmm, I see. Anyway the main focus of the beta is giving out the feedback. Enjoying it is just a collateral effect. ;)

SCE_Deadeye
11-17-2009, 10:23 PM
nice to see you guys moving on with the beta can't wait to get my hands on the game on the next stage of the beta.

LiTos456
11-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Well as far as I know we hadn't moved anywhere yet.
We're still waiting for the first announcements of the closed beta.

Espadachim
11-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Will there be a public announcement or only the 1st stage beta testers will bw informed. Suspense is killing me. :D

wills370
11-19-2009, 02:50 AM
Will there be a public announcement or only the 1st stage beta testers will bw informed. Suspense is killing me. :D

there will be i would imagine a announcement to say first stage beta has began as there have been announcements so far regarding it. any details however will come solely from the devs or aproved content from members. so keep your eyes peeled.

Espadachim
11-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Oh, no problems. I'm watching this like a hawk! :cool:

LiTos456
11-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Of course there will be an announcement, it'll be EVERYWHERE
Even under your bed!

Josh Warner
11-24-2009, 01:09 PM
So people won't have to go looking for it - I know nobody ever uses search heh.

This is not an official statement but an estimate.

Late January or early February 2010 - Closed Beta Starts

April 2010 - Open Beta Starts.

Release date won`t be up to us.

wills370
11-25-2009, 03:19 AM
So people won't have to go looking for it - I know nobody ever uses search heh.

Sounds good to me. May wnt to update main post on the start of this spread as it says yet to be announced due to publishers at the moment.

Jack
12-07-2009, 02:17 PM
I am a bit late for Beta i think but if i can can i join the beta
maybe there is a spot free for pc beta if there is one?
i hope i can because this looks like a awsome game

wills370
12-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I am a bit late for Beta i think but if i can can i join the beta
maybe there is a spot free for pc beta if there is one?
i hope i can because this looks like a awsome game

be active post regularly and on topic and you stand a good chance of getting into the 4/5th stage i believe good luck :)

Jack
12-08-2009, 02:41 PM
oke thx
i have to play beta
this game looks so awsome

zach12wqasxz
12-08-2009, 08:00 PM
oke thx
i have to play beta
this game looks so awsome

there is a good chance that youll be able to get into beta, like during the 4th and 5th stages, so ya just do as wills370 said and youll be beta testing before you know it

Jack
12-09-2009, 09:47 AM
when exactly is the 4 and 5 stage?
i can't see when:p

zach12wqasxz
12-09-2009, 12:24 PM
when exactly is the 4 and 5 stage?
i can't see when:p

nobody really knows, but im guestimating around march or april

Jack
12-09-2009, 01:18 PM
so far away:(
i hoped like begin januari

Lordadamar
12-09-2009, 06:30 PM
I have read lots of banter in this thread, still nothing pertaining Exactly to when stages start seeing that this title is supposed to release in roughly 3.5 months I would have thought beta would have started already...

At this rate I have doubts the title will release at the start of Q2 next year...

I hope that it doesn't get delayed again, there is potentially a lot to go wrong in this game be the first of its kind on this scale...!!!

Example: Battlefield bad company 2 Beta started 3 weeks ago ( which im in ) and is a online multiplayer title, and releases roughly the same time as this game...

zach12wqasxz
12-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I have read lots of banter in this thread, still nothing pertaining Exactly to when stages start seeing that this title is supposed to release in roughly 3.5 months I would have thought beta would have started already...

At this rate I have doubts the title will release at the start of Q2 next year...

I hope that it doesn't get delayed again, there is potentially a lot to go wrong in this game be the first of its kind on this scale...!!!

Example: Battlefield bad company 2 Beta started 3 weeks ago ( which im in ) and is a online multiplayer title, and releases roughly the same time as this game...

which is why this game will probably get pushed back, and then reverie will push it back to enhance the graphics some more, then beta testing. so no mater what we have a while to wait.

Jack
12-10-2009, 02:07 AM

i have one question
is battlefiled bad company 2 cool with the buildings that collapse and that kind of stuff:cool:
how is that? because i want to play that game if i have bought it

Henry Martin
12-10-2009, 07:58 AM
i have one question
is battlefiled bad company 2 cool with the buildings that collapse and that kind of stuff:cool:
how is that? because i want to play that game if i have bought it

Im in the beta and I do like the destructible buildings. The only complaint is how overpowering of the tank at times. Also there are a lot of times that you can die as soon as you respawn. Overall it is really fun and the map is very large.