PDA

View Full Version : Huge Update next week!

Konstantin Fomenko
05-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Guys,

I figured I`d drop by for a quick announcement to explain the lack of updates in the past couple of weeks. Lack of updates that we regret - but, we are spending the extra time on great things!

This week we are putting final touches on our brand-new DoF website and hard at work finishing up the new stunning offciail video trailer as well as a gameplay movie. You`ll also be treated to all new 14 or 28 new screens.

All of this will be release early/mid of next week. Please stay tuned and we greatly appreciate your continuous interest and support of the project!

Here`s a small preview (note while the basic page flipping stayed the same), the new website is really different from the old one -from streaming videos right on the book pages to dynamic news system. We are also hoping for a small forum update to match the new website as well.

http://reverieworld.com/Media/NewWebPreview.jpg

Kire
05-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Wow very nice, cant wait it..... as i see the pictures they have lovely background and i hope it will contain lots of new info too =).

SvN
05-25-2009, 12:50 PM
that's brilliant! I can't wait:)

Jean=A=Luc
05-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Don't listen to Konstantin, he is the father of lies. He has deceived you all with two small screenshots (well...one) and made you into his personal army of mindless, drooling zombie drones. Beware! :eek:

But srsly, looking forward to the update. I'm actually very interested to hear about the publisher, I can't help but wonder if it's Stardock you've hooked up with.

LiTos456
05-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Wow, that site looks gorgeous. I love the background.
Can't wait, thanks!

szebus
05-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Yeasssss... MASTER :eek:

Alex Walz
05-25-2009, 02:17 PM
As I said on HG, excellent news!

And everyone should glance down at the bottom of that pic to see DoF's new publisher! ;) Nice job!

OrcSlayer
05-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Cool I thought the site could do with updating

Gigz
05-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I was hoping this was related to the beta :P

good site getting a face lift

Kire
05-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I have DoF site at bookmarks, i am not pro with comp and stuff so will ask something really stupid =P.... Will after update the old bookmark lead me to the new DoF site or i will need to look careful when that happens and make new one?

ohhhh noes i am turning to mindlesss zomby........ cant ... resist....

Jean=A=Luc
05-25-2009, 04:11 PM
And everyone should glance down at the bottom of that pic to see DoF's new publisher! ;) Nice job!

Letters too small...can't see...plz halp! :p

edit: Ok, after some zooming and googling (or 'zoogling' if you wish) I managed to make out the white lettered word right beneath the 'Reverie' logo. An interesting choice to say the least.

Alex Walz
05-25-2009, 04:19 PM
As long as the site address (dawnoffantasy.com) is the same or that url redirects to a new url, you will be fine.

Konstantin Fomenko
05-25-2009, 05:49 PM
To clear things up about that small logo on my web preview. As some of you already figured out it`s "Telefilm Canada"

Telefilm Canada is not a publisher but an investor, The investor I would say. Telefilm Canada sponsored production our project with valuable funding. But they won`t be the one publishing and distributing the project.

Nice detective work though:)

Jean=A=Luc
05-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Telefilm Canada is not a publisher but an investor, The investor I would say. Telefilm Canada sponsored production our project with valuable funding. But they won`t be the one publishing and distributing the project.

Yeah, I went to their website and thought to myself "These guys publish video games, wtf?" :p Anyway, thanks for clearing it up. :)

Alex Walz
05-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Ah, thanks. Thought I was on to something there. :p

LiTos456
05-25-2009, 09:21 PM
To clear things up about that small logo on my web preview. As some of you already figured out it`s "Telefilm Canada"

Nice detective work though:)

You just don't make mistakes do you...

Konstantin Fomenko
05-25-2009, 11:00 PM
I was just talking to our PR guys, and they seem to think it`s a good idea to keep on posting small previews of the upcoming website, videos and screenshots available next week - so look out for these (we`ll add them to this post every couple of days).

You may find it a bit excessive, but we want to build up a bit of hype for the biggest media/website update we had in the past couple of years.

Alex Walz
05-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Would love to see them. I'll try to help you build hype too. I started a small Twitter marketing campaign and invited several MMO players and big news sites to gather interest for both DoF and DoFH. So far the responses have all been positive. I've had some people direct message me to thank me for letting them know about the game and to ask about a release date. :)

The Witch King of Angmar
05-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Looks good guys, I can't wait.

wou129
05-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Looks good can't wait

Kell Aset
05-26-2009, 08:42 AM
It is always good to hear something about update, thx.

nickson104
05-26-2009, 10:18 AM
sounds good :)
And in reply to litos... it's his job NOT to make mistakes :p making a single mistake would be the biggest mistake ever... ;) :p

raving
05-26-2009, 10:39 AM
hmmm updates ^^. sounds nice and love the background

Jean=A=Luc
05-26-2009, 01:16 PM
I bet Stardock is the publisher, they have the extensive online infrastructure DoF needs, they can support dlc and, like DoF/Reverie, they are great friends of modding and similar community driven projects. SD also like to deal with non-mainstream developers.

Amirite? :D

Alex Walz
05-26-2009, 01:54 PM
They would be a very good publisher. :)
Though they're not in Canada, don't know how much of an impact that would have. Though for that matter, Reverie isn't really based anywhere as most of its devs work off-site. And SD is located just south of Ontario in Michigan anyway.

As I think about it, that is a very good bet. :p

Grizzlez
05-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Nice update and the site looks pretty good. There aren't any loading time issues are there-hate when a site takes ages to load.

Neotyguy40
05-26-2009, 04:18 PM
sounds good :)
And in reply to litos... it's his job NOT to make mistakes :p making a single mistake would be the biggest mistake ever... ;) :p

Yea, making mistakes is MY job :mad:

Mrdash
05-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Does anyone hear an echo?

Anyways.....Looks cool can't wait...XD