PDA

View Full Version : Blackscreen on launching

Alafff
02-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Hello,

I launch the game and it go to a blackscreen with a message "Input not supported".
I've tried to change my resolution (which is 1440x900) up to 1600x900 and down to 640*480 and 1024*768 but still the same error

Tried to reinstall the game but still the same error

Tried to find a way to run it in windowed mode but nothing worked (Dxwnd and others)

I attach my dxdiag file in hope to help find the issue

have a good day

Alaff

Konstantin Fomenko
02-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Hello and say for the late reply.

We are looking into a solution that effects a small number of players - and hope to have a permanent solution ready this weekend.

Meanwhile lets look into creating a quick fix for you guys - could you please locate and post your Log1.txt file here or email it to support@reverieworld.com This will help us get a quick fix solution to you later on today.

If your not sure how to find the Log1.txt file you can find instructions here: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4337

Thanks for your help, and looking forward to getting this fixed for you today.

Alafff
02-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Hello , here the file

Have a good day

Konstantin Fomenko
02-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks for your help. I see the problem, and there is a quick, but a little bit messy solution. We`ll have a full solution later this weekend. For now you could do this:

1) navigate to C:/users/YOUR USERNAME/AppData/local/DoF/
If your not sure how: Click on the organizer button in any folder. And select Folder and Search options. Go to view, and under Hidden Files and Folders, or Drives - click show hidden files. Now you`ll be able to see that folder.

2) In that file, locate file called local_saved_data

3) Right click on the file and choose Edit, Open with Notepad or other option to open it with some text editor.

4) At the bottom of the file - 4 lines from the bottom, you can find these two lines, enter your resolution you desire there: 1440x900

<ScreenResolutionX type="float">1440</ScreenResolutionX>
<ScreenResolutionY type="float">900</ScreenResolutionY>

5) save the file and it should work.

Alafff
02-06-2013, 03:06 AM
Hello again

I will send you the file i found because the resolution is already in it, but 4 lines from the top and i didn't edit it

Will try to launch it after saving it , and a second time after switching the two values (sometimes strange things happens like tab[x][y] become tab[y][x])

Edit : After testing :
1440*900 don't work
900*1440 don't work
1024*768 don't work
768*1024 don't work

Edit 2 : Just found the boolean for the windowed mode so i gave it a try, the screenshot is what happening , interacting with the window during loading crash the game , and after loading you can't interact with buttons

I think for me and the other guy who have the same problem , a windowed mode would be the best solution :)
Have a good day

Konstantin Fomenko
02-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Have you tried maximizing the game in window mode? Does it even give you controls to view it full screen?

And thanks a lot for your help. We now have all the data will need and will release a fix this weekend.

Alafff
02-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Tried a lot of shortcuts but nothing work

skullnookum
02-06-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm also experiencing the same problem with the resolution I've just decided to come back and start playing it for a bit since the new patch but when i run the game it doesn't support my resolution can't alt tab or cancel the program i actually have to physically restart my computer in order to get some form of control of it again. I'll give it a try on what you said on your previous post's and see how i get along.

indiacharlie
02-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Hi just to chime in.

I also have the same problems - exactly as Alafff - down to the same display / config files.

Cheers

Ian

Konstantin Fomenko
02-11-2013, 10:59 AM
We have a solution for this in tonight`s patch - sorry for the delay guys.

Konstantin Fomenko
02-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Guys - could you please confirm if you can start the game now.

Alafff
02-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Just tried , and nope still the same problem

Konstantin Fomenko
02-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Ok we are working on a new solution and it will be in on Friday`s patch.

It would really help if you could please let us know your video card model, and what windows resolution you are using.

indiacharlie
02-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Hi Konstantin

Just tested - same behaviour under 1.4.0 - crashes after the updater finishes.

Raster SetUp Begin
Raster Formats Decided BackBuffer=22 ZBuffer=75
Raster Error Couldn't Create Device

from Log1.txt

Have cleared and played with the Local settings file - same behavious as Alaff screenshotted.

I'm on a Radeon 4770 HD running at 1650 * 1080 but have tried the changes to screen res and the settings file.

Regards
Ian

Alafff
02-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Ok we are working on a new solution and it will be in on Friday`s patch.

It would really help if you could please let us know your video card model, and what windows resolution you are using.

Everything in the dxdiag in the first post :)

Konstantin Fomenko
02-13-2013, 08:42 AM
Thanks guys, this info helps! We`ll keep on looking into this, and expecting a patch by Saturday latest

Echelon
03-05-2013, 09:08 AM
I have a same problem guys i tried to edit the settings but still can't get any game to work, as only I can hear is the sound but no display. But let me tell you that I am using the HD Television instead of Computer monitor and I have played almost all the games in it except this beautiful game. I reckon you guys have either TV like me as a display or old monitors. Let give these guys some time to fix the problem and then I hope we will get a proper solution.

Echelon
03-06-2013, 04:02 AM
I have opened the game in windows mode but it is actually 1/3 of my TV screen. And also nothing happens after clicking anything on the options right side. Also I have add two log files from which ist 1 is for default settings I think and 2 is for windows mode after changing the boolean windows mode to 1.

Echelon
03-06-2013, 04:13 AM
Can't wait to play this game guys, just waiting from someone to reply and fix for this solution....

Konstantin Fomenko
03-06-2013, 10:37 AM
We hope to release a fix for the resolution later tonight, please stand by.

Echelon
03-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Sorry guys but I am still getting the black screen at startup. May be it's because I am playing on my Television. But I am able to play all other games on my TV screen. Just waiting for quick solution plz or I will have to use my other desktop thanks.....