PDA

View Full Version : what use are walls?

sedricg
01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
hello!

first i want to just say i really like this game i do but there are a good few game breaking issues for me right now and after buying influence points and losing the troops to this issue its become very annoying.

so, i have walls big huge stoney ones.. you know the sort that can repel arrows and the ilk so why is it that i have the same person constantly attacking me and destroying my whole army by standing his legion of dwarven riflemen outside my walls and able to shoot through them!?

how does that work!? i mean cmon!

The fact i have spent good money on troops for them to be shot through solid stone walls is bloody stupid!

i am now $20 down with nothing to show for it because he keeps attacking constantly using enchanters to heal his units and attack again with the riflemen. its ****ing stupid.

txfirefighter
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
I think some of this is being addressed in the next patch. Did you go out and attack with infantry?

sedricg
01-22-2013, 04:05 PM
yeah but then as i charged he would force me back with the other half of his army which are all dwarven axemen. any loses are then healed by the enchanters as i retreat. hopeless.

axal011
01-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Whats his name ingame? maybe i might torment him a bit for ya

GPS51
01-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Dwarven riflemen are the only unit with this ability so it's not like walls are useless, that being said, fully upgraded ones backed by enchanters healing can be very tough.

DGraviton
01-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Perhaps try bombarding his riflemen with a dozen flaming trebs. Maybe training a number of archers spending points in range to out shoot the rifles? Alternatively you could get a royal dragon and make a some dwarf barbeque.

axal011
01-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Perhaps try bombarding his riflemen with a dozen flaming trebs. Maybe training a number of archers spending points in range to out shoot the rifles? Alternatively you could get a royal dragon and make a some dwarf barbeque.

OR get a fire cart, and the area he spawns at...lay that oil "pitch" and trap him

sedricg
01-23-2013, 02:50 AM
i had 6 trebs a haunter dragon my own huge sized ranged army and inf army but he would run up to the walls. kill everything run away and heal then run back and do it again. while he was doing this i figured ill hide behind my sturdy walls and wait for him to knock down the door.. no he will shoot me through it. awesome

but if one unit has the ability to shoot through them and people start abusing that then it does kinda render them useless.

Konstantin Fomenko
01-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Actually all the units have the ability to shoot through the walls - and it was just something we technically couldn`t find a way around...

Ok so sounds like we really need to nurf healing though... Also going to increase range bonus ranged units get on walls.

And for a well defended town you should have more like 16 trebuchets on the walls, maybe another mobile trebuchets as well.

miklos1
01-23-2013, 03:00 PM
no healing is fine ill show you in game or make a vid of what he is talking about. but in short say you have 5 archers and 1knight and 1 protector you have one on either side of archers one archer takes damage so u heal with say the knight then the otherside archer takes a damage you heal with protector since they are area heals and hot's they will stack. so archer with a max hp of say 220 will get 340 or something. I have not been in a fight yet where it matters most troops do more damage then the overlapping.

miklos1
01-23-2013, 03:07 PM
also to defeat the dwarfs you have to use fire and remember they dont have formations. out think your enemy i have fought this person myself and on equal str i win every time if im under powered then yes he wins. there are plenty of ways to win. if you would like some tips pm me in game ill be glad to tell you how to do it. just dont use against me lol.

dropkick_jxy
01-23-2013, 03:57 PM
I would only say be prepared to mix defending up a little, As they say guys.. Agood defence is a good offence.

dropkick_jxy
01-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Dwarfs are very slow, so this should be used to your advantage,.

axal011
01-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Dwarfs are very slow, so this should be used to your advantage,.

What he said

Konstantin Fomenko
01-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Yeah with Dwarves, a good cavalry charge in loose formation usally does the trick. But don`t engage them - just ride over them back and forth.

Oh and yeah Miklos, Dropkick - you guys both mentioned the HP stacking issue - really need a walkthrough on how to reproduce it so we can fix it.

dropkick_jxy
01-24-2013, 06:04 AM
I can make a video or jump in Skype and I can tell you/ show you in game.

sedricg
01-24-2013, 08:41 AM
so the fact all ranged units can shoot through walls doesnt seem like an issue that needs to be resolved? what happend to holding the gates until the hordes come rushing in.. there is none of that excitement because the enemy can stand outside and shoot you instead.. that seems pretty broken to me.

dropkick_jxy
01-24-2013, 10:18 AM
I run into people using just defending with a few archers a dragon a a couple swordsman, this is a crap defence, all can be countered by ranged I.e rifleman. This game works on rock paper scizzors. So be ready to defend against any form of attack. Get rid of of the dragons making your town strength too high and get in some cav to counter this.

Just really funny how people say a unit is op but run units that have that weakness against that unit... Think ahead guys, get ready for every situation....

This is not the attackers fault nor an "op" unit but the defenders for playing without tactics...

Konstantin Fomenko
01-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Dropkick - a video would help, or a step by step instructions maybe. Skype won`t do, as I won`t be the one fixing this - so I`ll need to have this in format that I can forward to one of the programmers.

dropkick_jxy
01-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Will have a go tonight.

sedricg
01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
its actually dropkick who is using the overpowered healing. the fact that he can take on a castle with just riflemen and axe men and a few healers sat back is literally appauling lol

he marchs up to my walls with no more then 8 squads of riflemen and this is now against a huge army of mine and a shed load of trebs takes a few casualties runs of heals then repeats.

if i march out he moves his axemen in and lets his riflemen heal and shoot me. no possible way to win. its just rinse and repeat untill ive nothing left. healing needs to be fixed.

dropkick_jxy
01-24-2013, 02:19 PM
its actually dropkick who is using the overpowered healing. the fact that he can take on a castle with just riflemen and axe men and a few healers sat back is literally appauling lol

he marchs up to my walls with no more then 8 squads of riflemen and this is now against a huge army of mine and a shed load of trebs takes a few casualties runs of heals then repeats.

if i march out he moves his axemen in and lets his riflemen heal and shoot me. no possible way to win. its just rinse and repeat untill ive nothing left. healing needs to be fixed.

Kon can verify this as this battle was recorded to show him the bug. i was going to pay you off with my level 8 riflemen until you logged out of the game...

P.s to kon, something needs to be put in place where if you press log out when vs another player you should automaticly pay out as atm it just freezes the game, failing that the army should be lost the commits to this log out process...

dropkick_jxy
01-24-2013, 02:26 PM
everyone knows its me thats been using the dwarfs and dont make out the army i was about to destroy was *massive* as i have it recorded you charging me out of your castle before d/c the battle by logging out.....

Do not make me out to be the *big bad wolf* when all you do is rage quit...

GridStone
01-24-2013, 02:45 PM
i beat his army with 32 pesants at my castle the rest were lvl 1 units vs dropkicks dwarven army with a lvl 20 hero its not so hard to beat its all about tactics ofcource he runs back to heal its a good tactic... kill the enchanters and you can win its not as hard as you people have been making it... you can even recruit and repair during the siege so if your dumb enough to run into a better army outside of your walls with no tactics then obviously you will lose numbers isn't everything in this game

sedricg
01-24-2013, 03:17 PM
no no no, your getting the wrong end of the stick. im not calling anyone bad or that hes a bad player or anything but that healing thing is over powered. thats what my moan was at lol. it doesnt help that the wolds town is easy to shoot and run away from either. i just need to learn to beat it but at the minute its seeming really hard for me.

dropkick_jxy
01-24-2013, 03:41 PM
No need to come on here throwing peoples names about haha, people have beat me, grindstone has and if you read a post i made on this topic earlier i have actually told you how to beat me....

Im helping people all the time on there and no doubt have helped you.. I will go against you and teach you how to beat me if you asked.. You will never learn how to kill an army unitl you face it.

Cav takes ranged. Hit and run is what you need to do. Use the same tactic as me and run cav back to heal at well in your town, You dont need to wipe my army to win, just hold me of.

You have to keep person you are vs busy. DONT GIVE THEM CHANCE TO HEAL.... and any attacking team has only a few ways to heal ok. KILL THE HEALERS.!!

In any game with pvp there is some form of healer, Be in a druid in WOW or an enchanter on here. You need to kill them first. Make a distraction from one side and while they are busy charge cav straight at enchanters, You kill them you will more than likely make them pay you off or wipe there army.

Use your head buddy, the army is not overpowered im using tactics, i could build a same level army with crossbowmen instead of riflemen and knights instead of axemen and still would have the same turn out. why would i run army in when i could clear your walls with my ranged then run back for heal.

I have all but told you how to beat me and any army with this set up. try it and let me know, but please mix things up and DO NOT let me see you run 3 swordsmen units at 8 riflemen then come on here moaning lol as you may aswell send peasants out at me.

alas1986
01-25-2013, 05:05 PM
The perfect and only tactic that works against dropkick is ummmm...what's it called again? oh yeah ! Pay out!!!

Revenger571
01-25-2013, 06:36 PM
or better yet buy a few squads of riflemen and put them on a tower now with the new update you could outrange him easy :P

Aegis30
02-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Let's call this what it really is- a bug. Archers shooting thru walls is a bug. There's nothing you can say that changes that. Even the mmorts World of Battles has it where archers don't shoot thru walls, and use Line of Sight.

As a customer who is/was waiting for this game to release on Steam, I will not be buying a game with this bug. I will post this bug on the Steam forums so that others will know about it.

If you fix the bug, you don't have the other issues messing with the siege. I don't mean to be rude, but a bug as big as this, can not be ignored, or assumed to be a "game feature".

Thank you for reading.

Brian Shingles
02-08-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm actually working on the projectiles passing through walls issue this weekend, now that most of my higher priority jobs are complete.

I'll be making it so projectiles collide with walls, so if your units are just behind the wall, enemy units might still target them but they'll be safe unless they are back far enough that the Archers are able to angle their shots over the walls.

Look out for this in the next patch.

Edit: Just did some preliminary tests and it's looking good, it's actually pretty cool seeing a wall peppered with arrows :D

Novakiller
02-08-2013, 06:22 PM
that is superb!! I can't wait for this, going to be EPIC!!! finally the walls actually adding protection to units now, now should make sieging a lot more difficult