PDA

View Full Version : The BIG patch Preview!

Konstantin Fomenko
01-17-2013, 02:53 PM
As you might know we are releasing our biggest patch ever in the next few days. And to show you that we have a good reason for taking our time with this patch and Steam release, here`s a preview of the new features and fixes.

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
-Expanded human homelands - adding more buildings slots and houses
-Expanded Elven homelands - can build on majority of trees, new walled houses locations
-Added small watch towers on all homelands for all races
-Majority of buildings can now be upgraded up to level 5 - greatly improving the buildings performance: higher starting level of spawned units, faster and cheaper unit spawn, cheaper technologies more hit points, faster and cheaper repair, fire resistance and other minor benefits
-Updated cinematics on all homelands - with more props and better cameras
-All homelands now get unique art sets - so each building in each region looks distinctly different
-Fixed remaining Out of Sync issues
-Fixed game getting stuck on a loading screen if PvP connection failed
-Fixed getting start on black screen if PvP fails to initialize a match
-Fixed PvP and CoOp searching by players name finding random armies with huge strength difference
-Added background combat sounds for battles
-Added 15 new achievements
-Greatly reduced bloom effect in game and polished the lighting cycle, fixed ultra-bright object textures
-Each race now uses original racial set of interface art

:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Fixed Orc Warg Pen and Goblin Hut spawning units over limit and too fast
-Orc Grand Hut will now spawn units much faster ,and spawn several if player is away for a while
-New SFX and effects for mass healing and healing potion
-Fixed various issues with Elven symbiosis and Alchemy lab buildings
-Improved snow and rain effects for more intensity and better emersion
-Added localization for Buy crowns and Invite a Friend text
-Fixed positioning of Quest and Forum buttons.
-Expanded the size of description pop-ups so text will not longer overlap for unit descriptions e.t.c
-Fixed Orc Warg Farm not spawning cavalry units
-New AI for town sieges defenders cavalry - seeking and destroying any units on the level
-Fixed cavalry spawn location on Illas tiltos siege level
-All cavalry unit speeds slightly reduced
-Fixed invisible Orc buildings bug
-Updated all loading screens - keeping only the best once and removing the rest
-Fixed broken palisade on human Wold homeland
-Fixed broken large gatehouse on Rollingplain homeland
-Fixed all bridges on Erthee L`Bala homeland

:::::Balance Adjustments:::::
-Increased house prices
-Wall upgrades now take much longer to construct
-Stone wall prices greatly increased
-All Orc units now train much faster
-Most Orc unit cost reduced by 50% or more
-Increases starting armour of most Orcish units
-Ogre gains Charge ability
-Orc formations now last much longer, and are much better
-Lowered bold thrower accuracy alittle bit, and decreased damage as well
-Archers now start each battle with full arrow quiver
-Dragons and all custom heroes can now be leveled up in NPC town up to level 60
-Greatly reduced the price to level Dragons, Hero at NPC towns
-Regular units now can be leveled up to level 10 in NPC towns

dropkick_jxy
01-17-2013, 03:41 PM
I dont like the sound of a few things on there :( level 10 training..... levelling is the best part.i have spent 3-4 weeks levelling my army now someone can pay to get the same lvl with gold..

You may aswell spawn them at lvl 10.

I do like the fixed stuff tho, gj :)

Vincent89
01-17-2013, 04:16 PM
This sounds awsome thanks guys xD

OmninmO
01-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Amazing patch keep the good work cant wait to try it :)

dropkick_jxy
01-18-2013, 02:37 PM
is this still due out today?

Konstantin Fomenko
01-18-2013, 04:11 PM
I wish...my best guess is Monday, we just added a lot more awesome stuff today, and few more things we want to squeeze in - a lot of chat improvements and updates e.t.c. So time well spent:)

outofit08
01-18-2013, 04:27 PM
I dont think i like the lvl 10 either

dropkick_jxy
01-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Lvl 10 training and lvl 60 for heros? i can see alot of 6 lvl 60 royal dragon armys on the way.

I love this game for the grinding of an army level and now people can have top level hero,s in an instant and mid level troops.
Dunno possible bad move in my eyes..

Konstantin Fomenko
01-18-2013, 07:43 PM
The prices to level units are super high, so to get to level 60 it would take hm... 475,625 gold if my math is correct:) This feature is there for fully maxed out players. To give an option to drop something like 40k to get your new Dragon slayer to competitive level 18-20, so you can spend your time in large scale PvP instead of grinding that one unit as you would in the first couple of week of play.

And don`t worry guys - our approach is - if something doesn`t work and players are not happy, we change it right away.

Sunleader
01-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Ok ^^
Releasing stuff right when I am going into Night Shift xD
But you got my Hope up on some things now ^^

Question 1:
Will there be a Third layer of Walls for Humans :)
(They are supposed to be the most Defensive and most Structure Based Race after all ^^)

Question 2:
Will the Levels of the Buildings Include some Graphical Effect on the Building :) ?
(This especially interests me in case of the Estate as I am waiting Eagerly for it to become a proper Keep in best case one where Soldiers can stand atop)

Question 3:
Can we expect an Unit Cap Expansion in the Future ?
After all if the World becomes Bigger the Battles should also become Bigger *gg*

Konstantin Fomenko
01-19-2013, 08:16 AM
There is no third wall - but each race is getting stand alone fortifications - sort of as a third wall layer. Although Orcs and Elves are getting the most here - as we judged their defences too weak.

At this point no - no visual indicator - but that's something we hope to add in the future. Mad I hear you - we need something like that for the central building.

We will be expanding number of armies shortly - but not the homeland or army pop cap. Until some point in the future that we get new path funding in it would just lag too much

Sunleader
01-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Hmm
I tought it was meant to be that way.

After all Orcs have their Swarm Armys and Troops Pumping Buildings which can stem out Armys pretty fast.
And Elfs well they are incredible Strong in the Field already.

Humans always had the advantage of their Thick Walls and Fortifications
hopefully you guys wont diminish this advantage too much here ^^

Too bad dont receive an Third Layer of Walls somehow hoped there would be an Option to draw an Palisade or something like that as Outer Defense Line :)
But well Some Outside Forts and Fortifications are also Fine hopefully those will be Strong enough to actually be of use in Battle :)

On second one I am a bit Dissappointed tough
When I read that you actually included some variations for the Graphics in different Homelands I tought you would also add some additions to the Buildings which lvl up

I am serios on this one
this run down Estate is simply not Fit for an Ruler which has Maxed out his Homeland.
(and also not for King Erian which basicly lives in the same old Shed as his new appointet Lordships xD )
As for the other Buildings well I at least hoped for some simple additions like an extra floor of the Building at some stage and so on.

The Third one well nevermind that
this one has time
just asked as the topic was bought up before ^^

axal011
01-20-2013, 02:18 PM
-Fixed remaining Out of Sync issue

That is really all i care about... As to where I don't find many issues, the OOS is the most important fix to me..

Konstantin Fomenko
01-21-2013, 08:25 AM
To be perfectly honest there still will be some OOS issues left. But this patch should fix OOS issue right at the start, and any long term battle OOS issues. So basically if you don`t get OOS issue in the first couple of minutes of PvP or CoOp your not gonna get one later in the match.

dropkick_jxy
01-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Alot of players now are in game wandering where this patch is, first of all it was last tuesday, then friday and now monday. Can we have a solid eta as you dont know if any loading screen is going to freeze up causing loss of army at the moment and the new players coming on are showing alot of dis-like due to the pvp fail..

Me and a few other active players that are on the front lines can see the anger forming from the new players, These are the people you need to satisfy as they will be the people commenting on steam and putting people off the game..

We understand you guys are very busy but could you please advise a solid and realistic eta as we can try and keep in game people that dont check forums happy..

Cheers

GPS51
01-21-2013, 12:38 PM
I doubt there's a solid eta as the patch is a wip, that being said it has over expanded and so has delayed too long imo. But with the wealth of updates I think in the long run it'll be worth it, still a royal pain to wait for it tho :(

Konstantin Fomenko
01-21-2013, 01:50 PM
As much as it saddens me that current new players are having a bad time with PvP, we have to keep our eye on the thousands of new players we`ll get with the Steam launch - over the couple of hundred playing the game right now. We just had to prioritize our dev schedule to get as much as possible into one patch vs releasing several small patches.

With that said - we are close - and the very latest I can see us releasing is end of this week. I`m hoping for Wednesday though...

txfirefighter
01-21-2013, 04:36 PM
In this patch can we expect any improvement to AI (march out of town when under siege) or path finding (troops able to get onto wall and not just stand there when the ramp is only a few paces away)?

awesome game though! I really enjoy playing it!

Konstantin Fomenko
01-21-2013, 05:56 PM
txfirefighter,

The patch doesn`t include pathfinding improvements, however it does include some AI improvements, especially how AI handles sieges, how AI cavalry reacts to player e.t.c.

We did include one improvement with how player units reacts in combat, now they will attack a specific unit you task them to, instead of doing an attack move and attacking anyone in their path.

txfirefighter
01-22-2013, 12:44 PM
exciting! thanks for the reply.

vicious666
02-07-2013, 10:57 PM
you should limit exp of dragons and heroes to lev 25.

not for say but i got between my army of charriot (as deposit) and town 260k gold.

i istantly bringed 2 new hero to lev 40. (in 1 min)

where my original hero trained manually to lev 41 toke me a month and my city is able to pump money at rate of what 100k day? maybe more if i convert all workers to gold or sell stone/wood/foold for gold daily also

Sunleader
02-08-2013, 02:12 AM
I usually have my Hero on 40 within two hours without spending a single gold coin lol

Konstantin Fomenko
02-09-2013, 01:42 PM
I think the main problem here is the speed you guys are getting gold with. And we did allow leveling heroes all the way, so that players who maxed out - don`t have to spend 2-3 hours leveling a hero that could be killed in 1 minute.

Could you guys please share how you are getting such insane income of gold? It`s not suppose to ever exceed +70 gold a minute on homeland, and +20 a minute per camp.

Sunleader
02-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Hmm I didnt know there were a limit supposed to be here.
my Highest gain for a Camp was about 70 Gold
my Highest gain in Homeland exceeded the 200 Gold marker
But I never used Bugs for this or whatever.

1. Massive Sheep overflow ^^
If you put your Homeland full of Sheep under full Tech they will produce absurd amounts of Gold.
I currently keep Building and massselling Sheeps
So I usually have 10 Chicken 10 Cow and 60 Sheep in my Homecity (10 Units for Safekeeping from Wolves)
When I have over 50 Sheep I walk em to Dagbor and sell them.
Best income I had with this method so far was 220 Gold in the Incomelist
(also the Barn at 5 a Sheep costs me 150 food and 150 gold and I can sell em for 450 to Dagbor :P )

2. Currently Camps can have much more Ressource Income than you usually allow.
If you build a Camp then go to Worldmap and manually task Workers to work.
They will not only gain the standart 0.2 and 0.3 value but instead keep the Gain the archieved during your zoomed in time.
So having 50 Workers and some Carts your Camps can very well archieve more then 4 times of what they would get if you simply used the Manage Camp Button
(By the way I would like to keep this. while I dont know if it is a Bug or Intendet to work this way it IS indeed a nice feature and allows you to for example conquer Gold Mines in the Dwarfen Marches and then have Camps which gain you alot of Gold)

My highest Gold tough was a mix of different Worker Types
10 Whisps
20 Sheep
20 Unicorns
10 Chicken
10 Cow
7 Dwarfen Miners (3 on Gold and 4 on Stone)
3 Carts
5 Archers on lvl 9 (for some reason they Dissappeared after the Patch but well for all I care lol)
1 Peasant and 4 Pigs which he keeps slaughtering.

(by the way I currently have an Pig in my Homeland it is an Single Pig no Group and Full Health it doesnt seem to count into the Unit Limit and for some reason is not shown on the Worldmap but its still there and I can Command it. I dont know what Bug caused it to be like this but its become some sort of Lucky Charm for my Town *gg* so dont delete it when you look into my Account Kon ^^)

edit:
by the way this is just a Hunch but I think the Massive Sheep Income is due to the steady exchange.
The Game seems to need some time to recalculate that there are now a Ton of Sheeps and that the Income needs to be decreased per Sheep
usually if I keep the Sheeps around for long the Income goes down and per Sheep I get less
but as I always sell em to Dagbor I always keep a very high income per Sheep and thus usually can archieve insanely high income rates

The most absurd rates are usually when I have 70 sheeps in queue and go to world map to lvl Units
because when I return the Barn suddenly Spawns 20 ir 30 sheeps in a few seconds intervals (they got finished while I was in a different map)
and he then calculates them at max income for a short time before he relegates em downwards.