View Full Version : WTF Just happened?
01-12-2013, 10:26 AM
So i was returned from a quest with my army wounded when a message poopep up warning that I was being attacked. I chosed to fight (even with my army ****ed up). I started in some kind of village that I never seen in my life being attacked by another guy. I rushed my 15 troops agasint their troops (1 dragon and like 1-2 10% life swormen). The results was that the dragon alone decimated most of my troops with the ****ing strategy of lanch a fireball, kill one third of my army and run fast as hell without chance of being chased. The dragon then killed my hero. I lost all my army (somehow, even with some of them staying alive).
I'm seriously ****ed of by many things. First that I was defending something that apparently was not mine. Second that a single dragon killed all my army with a ridiculous strategy. Third that I lost all my troops somehow.
01-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Sorry to hear about this - looks like combination of a bug, with an unfair advantage the other player had. Our upcoming patch is looking for solve both issues.
Meanwhile please check your private messages on this forum - I sent you a message.
01-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Ok thanks for the answers. I really don't think there was a "matching" bug. I had like 150 Army Power (Don't know the name) and the other had like 96. The problem was that the dragon alone did all the job. It was a royal dragon i think. I don't care about losing but when one unit do all the job you kind of question yourself about the balancing of the units in game. The dragon can be strong, ok, but to run faster than horses makes it impossible to catch while he keep throwing fireballs at you.
What I was really intrigued is that I was placed to defend something that was not mine. I don't know if others players can ambush your army but if not then there was a real bug there :p
01-12-2013, 02:56 PM
If you have an army on the world map it can be attacked by anyone with a simular strength or lower army. The village in the map/ sometimes a small stronghold is a.i and is there more for scenrery than anything else but also there are a.i units that are green that will attack either player.
Human players are normally coloured red and blue.
Hope this helps.
P.S sorry about the spelling
01-12-2013, 08:53 PM
To address the Dragon balancing.
First the player who has the Dragon takes a huge risk bringing him to the PvP - if he looses his Dragon (if it`s over level 8) it will be gone forever, and he will loose 120 Crown points. On top of that, if you managed to kill the Dragon you can loot it for 40 Crown points.
Second while the dragons are a threat, there are plenty of ways to counter them. Same way as you should use cavalry to counter archers, or pikeman to counter cavalry there are ways to counter Dragons - here`s some suggestion.
1) The best way to go about this - save up 20 crowns and buy a Dragon Slayer unit at the Market. Level him up to level 10 or so, upgrading his stamina and attack - and keep one with your main army. He has a Dragon horn ability that Freezes the Dragon, even in flight, and deals 10X damage to Dragons - usually 6-8 hits is good to bring down a Royal Dragon.
2) Archers and Crossbowman are rather good at bringing Dragons down - just keep them in a Loose formation to avoid most of his fireballs.
3) Halberdiers and other pike units get 5X attack bonus VS Dragons, if you have them in Loose formation they`ll take little damage from the Dragon fireball. 5 battalions of these units will take the Dragon down as well.
4) With your concern about Dragon constantly running back and using Fireballs - the Dragon will run out of Stamina pretty fast. So use loose formation to speed up your units and keep on chasing them, eventually you`ll get it.
6) Use Foot Knights or other healer units, to heal any damage you get from Dragon fireballs to your units.
7) If you visit Elven town - purchase some Male or Female warden units, they have a Downpour spell that eliminates all fires and fire damage in a large area.
And sounds like you are relatively new to the game - I would recommend testing your Dragon strategy in the Sssilistra region - just move your army there and enter View mode (magnifying glass icon)
01-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the tips!
01-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the tips!
There are rumors of a dragon slayer in mythador, if you can get him and make him strong, he can defeat any dragon :)
vBulletin® v3.6.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.