PDA

View Full Version : The Dawn of Fantasy Wiki

Neotyguy40
05-22-2009, 12:02 AM
The Dawn of Fantasy Wiki (dawnoffantasy.wikia.com)

I have just created a wiki dedicated to the game, I was not going to tell anyone about it until I have gotten a few articles up and running, but I received a message from someone saying I should just post it now, because it would take too long for one person to do anything.

I am asking for everyone's help to fill in the blanks with me, I have only been able to fill in a part of one article, and get some pictures for the front page up. I also encourage fansites to link a page to the wiki. If you do, I will put your name into a fansite list.

EDIT: As a few PMs I have received, this is NOT another fansite... It is a central database for the community to share info with other members. Fansites may take or put info here for other players, and can even use it as a documentation page. So again I say, this is NOT another fansite, and do not think that this is another fansite to 'compete' with as some people say...

Alex Walz
05-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Like I said in the PM, you can use my content, but not without proper citations. What you have is plagiarism, which is strongly against both my own personal policies and Wikipedia's terms of service. So either cite it or delete it.

Other than that, good luck.

Darvin
05-22-2009, 01:50 AM
Not much info to put up yet. Once the game goes beta I'll gladly help populate it, but until then I really don't think there's a lot of info to post.

Neotyguy40
05-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Like I said in the PM, you can use my content, but not without proper citations. What you have is plagiarism, which is strongly against both my own personal policies and Wikipedia's terms of service. So either cite it or delete it.

Other than that, good luck.

I only had time to set up that one article, it was 11:00 where I was when I posted that. I will post the citation soon.

And technically, it isn't wikipedia... It's wikia. Wikipedia just used the same software called wiki.

Lordadamar
05-28-2009, 12:07 PM
And last I checked, U can post and repost info from sites and it not be plagiarism. Otherwise eq2.wikia.com and lootdb.com would have been shut down years ago.

it not like there wont be millions of Links backs to Reverie, he did not claim the information to be his own.

Good for you for doing a Wikia I thought of it myself just not enough time. I find the Wiki site to be much more useful then forum based post your ass off sites. unless of course your forum base site is similar to eq2flames.com.

Awesome man I will try to help you out when game is actually playable.

Joseph Visscher
05-28-2009, 04:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_of_Fantasy

Alex Walz
05-28-2009, 05:11 PM
And last I checked, U can post and repost info from sites and it not be plagiarism.
It's seldom enforced, especially over the internet, but I'm pretty sure it is against the law. And even if it's not, it has more to do with common courtesy.

Thank you for adding citations. :) I'll link back to it at DoFH when we get our site up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_of_Fantasy
I've been updating that page and filling in some voids every now and again. You have a couple other fans updating it too. :)
Don't particularly like Wikipedia though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Reverie_World_Studios

Within hours of when a page for RWS was made, it was added to the list of pages up for deletion because, apparently, a webpage full of information, videos, and screenshots isn't enough to validate that you're really game developers. It could just be one big ploy to get a page on Wiki! Lol, pretty ridiculous that they actually scan all the pages and give a care. I didn't create that page but I added some secondary sources and other information, so hopefully it might stick around.

Darvin
05-29-2009, 01:39 AM
Wikipedia does not like to simply reiterate the content of another webpage. As mentioned, the primary reason for deletion of the article is lack of third party coverage. Virtually all facts come from the Reverie homepage, and therefore any wikipedia article will just be a reiteration of that. I happen to agree with Wikipedia's policy in this case.

In any case, the wikipedia Dawn of Fantasy page and the wikia Dawn of Fantasy page will fulfill two different purposes. The wikipedia page will contain basic skeletal information of the game, whereas the wikia page will contain details of the game's content (something wikipedia doesn't want; even high profile games like starcraft don't have content articles)

zhaoyun23
02-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Wow~!! cool a wiki...Its really nice people set up wikis for games. it really helps out the new players and lets them enjoy the game alot more

om3n
02-11-2011, 12:59 AM
LOL!! I'm sorry, I never get to use this!

http://img132.imageshack.us/f/necropost4koxh6.png/

edit: imageshack wants me to register for direct image links :(

TheWeeIrish
02-11-2011, 04:46 AM
This should become really helpful because most games don't normally give a tutorial in beta, but some do.. But in any case should be helpful :)

Greatness101
02-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Good idea. I've always found wikis useful when playing a game for the first time, particularly MMOs such as this.

elielikesnow@hotmail.com
02-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Very helpful. The Wiki should provide tips and walkthroughs for the single player campaign, guides to the basics of RTS' and information on each race and it's units.