PDA

View Full Version : DOF.EXE Stopped working.

Dellow
12-17-2012, 12:59 AM
DOF.EXE Stopped working.

Hi Guys, please can some one assist me, Dof has been working fine untill 3 days ago and now im getting the Dof.exe not responding and is forced to close.

This is so annoying, i have followed all the fix advice i could fine with no luck. my pc has all components updated and still no success.

please can some one give me a solution, i was really enjoying the game but now cant play.

It is super frustrating and so disappointing and a bad reflection on the designers/developers.
i have been a gamer for many years and consider my self pretty tech savy and have never had issues like this before.

Please assist, thank you.

Konstantin Fomenko
12-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Hi Dellow.

Really sorry to hear about the problems, and I completely understand this frustration. I wish we knew exactly what to do - but this is an extremely rare issue. But a few things we can try:

1) Just to confirm you went through all the steps here: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=74386&postcount=94
2) Look up you Users AppData/Local/ folder. Locate folder DoF and DoFUpdater and delete both of them
3) If it still doesn`t work - again in AppTate/Local/ look up Temp/RarSFXO/ locate file SECOND and delete it.

Please let us know if 2 or 3 worked for you.

Dellow
01-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Hi Konstantin ... ,

Thanks for the info, i have been away and havent had a decent connection to download the new Dof Updater. i got back yesterday and have installed the game on my old pc and it is working, its not ideal but im back on line. i will give you feedback when i have time to problem shoot this. i had an interesting glitch 20 minutes ago where i lost an army at camp in world map... maybe you can give me some insight.

Here is the thread: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6400&referrerid=25472

Thanks.
Dellow

GenAshnak
01-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Hey Guys,
I just started having the same problem as well. I can load up to play and then DOF.EXE stopped working. When reading the forum I found the list you provided and tried it all. I'm still having the same issue after a few attempts. Any help would be appreciated, this game is amazing!

Konstantin Fomenko
01-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Dellow - glad you got it solved, and I`ll reply there.

GenAshnak - have you tried all the steps including deleting DoFUpdater folder and re-entering your CD key? One more thing to try, would be:

a) Click on the organizer button in any folder. And select Folder and Search options. Go to view, and under Hidden Files and Folders, or Drives - click show hidden files.
b) Now navigate to C:/users/YOUR USERNAME/AppData/local/DoF/
b) In that file, locate and delete file called local_saved_data

If that also doesn`t work, please locate Log1.txt file inside Dawn of Fantasy folder, and attach it to your forum post. If your not sure how here`s a walkthrough: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4337

GenAshnak
01-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Hey Konstantin,
I just tried that last tip and I'm back in the game! I really appreciate all your doing for the community.

lord_dukoo
01-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Dellow - glad you got it solved, and I`ll reply there.

GenAshnak - have you tried all the steps including deleting DoFUpdater folder and re-entering your CD key? One more thing to try, would be:

a) Click on the organizer button in any folder. And select Folder and Search options. Go to view, and under Hidden Files and Folders, or Drives - click show hidden files.
b) Now navigate to C:/users/YOUR USERNAME/AppData/local/DoF/
b) In that file, locate and delete file called local_saved_data

If that also doesn`t work, please locate Log1.txt file inside Dawn of Fantasy folder, and attach it to your forum post. If your not sure how here`s a walkthrough: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4337

hey, now I'm tired of this game of buying it for a few hundred and not get it to play. Dof.exe has stopped working. and your help on your web works not. bad I think. very bad.

Konstantin Fomenko
01-28-2013, 12:15 PM
lord_dukoo, sorry to hear something is going wrong with your game start-up, we`ll try to help.

Please contact us at - support@reverieworld.com and send your Log1.txt file

Instructions on getting this Log file is here: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4337

Drakath
02-11-2013, 11:04 AM
I've got the same issue, none of your solutions are working. These are my logs

Konstantin Fomenko
02-11-2013, 11:58 AM
We have a fix for this issue coming out in tonight`s patch. Sorry for the delay guys.

Drakath
02-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Well, thank you! I'll see if it works, I just have to wait now.

Drakath
02-11-2013, 03:41 PM
The game patched, and I still can't login. I click play, the patcher closes , a black screen shows up, closes, and nothing happens.

Konstantin Fomenko
02-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Drakath,

Sorry to hear. Continuing to investigate and will try to fix a fix to you with-in 2 days. Please rest assured we won`t stop till this is fixed and you can play.

Meanwhile - couple of things you can try on your end

1) Update your video card drivers

2) Please let us know your video card model, and what windows you are using.

3 ) Try deleting local_saved_data
-Click on the organizer button in any folder. And select Folder and Search options. Go to view, and under Hidden Files and Folders, or Drives - click show hidden files.
-Now navigate to C:/users/YOUR USERNAME/AppData/local/DoF/
-In that file, locate and delete file called local_saved_data

4) If deleting local_saved_data didn`t work, right click on local_saved_data and choose choose Edit or Open with Notepad or other option to open it with some text editor.
-In that file you`ll see two lines where you it sets your resolutions - ScreenResolutionX and ScreenResolutionY.
-Look up in the Windows Control Panel - Display Properties - what resolution your windows is using, and enter the values - for example 1440 and 900 under ScreenResolutionX and Y
-Save the file and try to start the game

Drakath
02-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Thank you for you attention!
I tried every other solution, and the game still doesn't launch. My video card is AMD Radeon HD 6670 and I'm using Windows 7 64 bits. I tried to edit local_saved_data and that's what is inside:

< local_saved_data >
< WindowMode type="bool">0< /WindowMode >
< /local_saved_data >

and my resolution is 1600x900.
If you need any other information about my computer or system, just let me know :) .

FishBowl
02-12-2013, 07:34 AM
I've been playing for only a day, it's been fine up until last night. The updater said I required an update, or files weren't up to date, something along those lines. Then it would freeze there. I tried three times in total till it turned itself off and seemed to delete any data with it. Now upon reinstalling, it keeps asking if I have access to a random .dll file I don't care to put word for word right now. I've tried the updater twice, all this after uninstalling the game through the installer.

I've never had an issue with a game before like this one, and just can't figure a way around it.

Konstantin Fomenko
02-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Hello FishBowl,

I`m including the steps for you to make it work. This is an extremely rare issue that will be resolved in time for Steam.

1) Uninstall the game one more time. But - after it`s done uninstalling navigate to the installation folder - and if you see any files left there - delete all of them

2) Now we need to remove temp updater files:
- Go to your user directory (C:\Users\Your User Name Here) with 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' enabled (see here for details), the folder AppData should appear.
- Navigate from your user directory to AppData, and then to Local. For more instruction, see:
Windows 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCXZdOf06Y
Windows XP: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Application_data_folder_in_windows_xp
Windows Vista: http://techqa.wordpress.com/2008/08/24/appdata-folder-in-windows-vista/
- There should be a folder named DoFUpdater there, delete it.

3) Restart your computer

4) Now install the game again, and it should work just fine.

FishBowl
02-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Hello FishBowl,

I`m including the steps for you to make it work. This is an extremely rare issue that will be resolved in time for Steam.

1) Uninstall the game one more time. But - after it`s done uninstalling navigate to the installation folder - and if you see any files left there - delete all of them

2) Now we need to remove temp updater files:
- Go to your user directory (C:\Users\Your User Name Here) with 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' enabled (see here for details), the folder AppData should appear.
- Navigate from your user directory to AppData, and then to Local. For more instruction, see:
Windows 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCXZdOf06Y
Windows XP: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Application_data_folder_in_windows_xp
Windows Vista: http://techqa.wordpress.com/2008/08/24/appdata-folder-in-windows-vista/
- There should be a folder named DoFUpdater there, delete it.

3) Restart your computer

4) Now install the game again, and it should work just fine.
Thanks for the prompt answer. This solved the problem, and it started back up fine. I'm sure you guys must be exhausted answering all these issues, but it is an awesome thing, the support here.

Drakath
02-12-2013, 02:20 PM
FishBowl is right, the support here is great, but I still can't play the game. I'm with the same issue: I click play, the patcher closes, a black screen shows up, closes shortly after, and nothing else happens.
My video card is AMD Radeon HD 6670 and I'm using Windows 7 64 bits. I tried to edit local_saved_data and that's what is inside:

< local_saved_data >
< WindowMode type="bool">0< /WindowMode >
< /local_saved_data >

and my resolution is 1600x900.
I tried every other solution and the game still doesn't work. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Konstantin Fomenko
02-12-2013, 02:44 PM
We are trying:), and thanks for the kind words!

Drakath, try replacing your local_saved_data with the file I attached (it`s inside a Zip archive as it won`t let me attach it othewise)

Drakath
02-12-2013, 02:54 PM
It is not working. I replaced it three times, and is still isn't working.

Konstantin Fomenko
02-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Can you please post your Log1.txt one more time. And we hope to have a new solution for you in Friday`s patch.

Drakath
02-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Ok, here it is. It is an extremely rare issue, isn't it?

Konstantin Fomenko
02-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Yeah - so far we only had 2 people report this specific issue with video card falling to provide valid resolution for the game. But still that`s an important issue we are set on fixing this week.

Drakath
02-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Well, I guess I just have to wait now...
Thank you for your attention!

Drakath
02-16-2013, 08:54 AM
I don't think the game patched yesterday, did it?

Konstantin Fomenko
02-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Sorry to say that no we didn't patch and actually might not patch this all the way till Thursday. The new situation with server upgrade had to take the first place as it effects all of the players. We expect server upgrade to get resolved on Monday and will continue looking into the resolution issue.

Drakath
02-19-2013, 04:00 PM
The game patched and the issue persists.

Drakath
02-20-2013, 09:10 AM
I just don't know what to do anymore.

Konstantin Fomenko
02-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Drakath,

With the server upgrade and all the issues our programming team had last week we once again pushed back the date on fixing the resolution. We will have a fix for this down the road - but I don`t want to fail in any more promises - so it might be a week or more. If you like I can send a notification to your forum email once it`s fixed.

Drakath
02-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Ok. Send the notification, please, so I'll stop posting here.

barecgesh
02-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Having the same problem have not played in a while started up patched it and boom no go exe stopped working.log as follows
any help would be appreciated

Konstantin Fomenko
02-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Solution is coming in the patch on Friday March 1st - we are committed to fixing this guys, and sorry for the delay.

Drakath
03-04-2013, 06:45 PM
The game patched, but still isn't working.

barecgesh
03-06-2013, 04:01 AM
can confirm still the same for me aswell log is same

Konstantin Fomenko
03-06-2013, 11:41 AM
The patch did not include the resolution fix. It should be patched in later tonight though.

Drakath
03-08-2013, 06:46 PM
It's working! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU VERY MUCH :) :) :)

Konstantin Fomenko
03-09-2013, 10:22 AM
AWESOME! Glad our solution has finally worked - and really sorry it took us this long to fix this.

barecgesh
03-11-2013, 03:22 AM
just want to say thank you aswell
played last night