PDA

View Full Version : Video

Generation
05-14-2009, 05:45 PM
i just remembered something. In age of mythology when you get on the game there was a short video i was wondering is a short video gonna pop open after u get on the game?

wou129
05-14-2009, 11:51 PM
you mean the intro trailer?

MrBlack103
05-15-2009, 12:45 AM
Given that having an intro video is a pretty standard thing in current video games, I'd say this game would have one too. Most likely along the lines of a few scenes with some massive battles or something like that.

Darvin
05-15-2009, 01:28 AM
To be honest, I find intro movies annoying. You watch them once, and then after that they just add to the load time of the game.

Puppeteer
05-15-2009, 03:53 AM
What the bloody heck...
Why on earth did you feel the need to make such a topic? Want the devs to fully explain the interface on the menu? The number of choices in the Sound options?

Kire
05-15-2009, 04:15 AM
What the bloody heck...
Why on earth did you feel the need to make such a topic? Want the devs to fully explain the interface on the menu? The number of choices in the Sound options?

i think you got him wrong there .... he just wanted to know about the intro movie, as stated above (can be like in Warcraft 3 which run only first time);
As i understood you i think you thought video options? I dont see any reason why they wouldnt tell if there is any movie at start (at least i think its a good post and would be nice to know that and if there will be any movie just dont put the one you had on officially site cuz i got bored of it and want new =P).

Konstantin Fomenko
05-15-2009, 07:30 AM
At this point it`s very unlikely we`ll have CGI videos.

DoF features great in-game cinematics, and single-player campaign features a good deal - up to 10 minutes for each level. In addition there is a 5 minute long intro-cinematic, and a solid outro-cinematic.

Ryan Zelazny
05-15-2009, 07:54 AM
i just remembered something. In age of mythology when you get on the game there was a short video i was wondering is a short video gonna pop open after u get on the game?

I personally really like the intro movies on most games, it gives a very action intense view of the game world to get you pumped up about playing it. As Konstantin stated it's very unlikely we'll have a cinematic like that but the single player campaign will have opening and closing cinematics to really tie-in the storyline.

Ovocean
05-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Given that having an intro video is a pretty standard thing in current video games, I'd say this game would have one too.
Don't know ? Don't answer ! ;)

Most likely along the lines of a few scenes with some massive battles or something like that.
Yeah, like almost all games, be it rts, fps or rpg. Sometimes though, the CG leads are blessed with inspiration and put in some interesting plot dialogue, like "My people will defeat you because you are weaker !".

The_Biz
05-15-2009, 12:50 PM
intro movies can be really interesting even they're unrelated to how the game actually plays

whether you have people with nothing more important to work on is another story

LiTos456
05-15-2009, 01:20 PM
I dont think they're able to make one. You need really skilled 3D makers and animators and etc, it's a really hard job to make a video like that...

Ryan Zelazny
05-15-2009, 02:39 PM
I dont think they're able to make one. You need really skilled 3D makers and animators and etc, it's a really hard job to make a video like that...

It's more timing than talent honestly. Our 3d artists could do the work, it's just the time involved is so immense that it's not worth it, having to postpone the launch more just for a movie doesn't make sense.

Kire
05-15-2009, 02:44 PM
It's more timing than talent honestly. Our 3d artists could do the work, it's just the time involved is so immense that it's not worth it, having to postpone the launch more just for a movie doesn't make sense.

Just make sure you do it in DoF2 or will not be forgiven =) ..... just joking.

LiTos456
05-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Well yes. I could assume that you do not have 3d artists that are capable of doing that, but if you do, there is no time, etc.

MrBlack103
05-15-2009, 08:48 PM
To be honest, I find intro movies annoying. You watch them once, and then after that they just add to the load time of the game.

Uuuh... doesn't your keyboard have an Esc key? If you do, and it doesn't work, immediately hire a hitman to kill the devs of the game you have in mind.

fyro11
05-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Tbh, it could just be contracted. I don't know why the young bucks on this forum jump to conclusions rather quickly.

LiTos456
05-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Tbh, it could just be contracted. I don't know why the young bucks on this forum jump to conclusions rather quickly.

Hey, who's the young buck here? (if you're referring to me)