PDA

View Full Version : games for ideas

Esdras
05-06-2009, 07:10 PM
post here some games that u think it would be usefull do get some ideas to help the producers of Dawn of Fantasy make a fine game! :cool:

some i think:

*Neverwinter Nights (tons of unit types,good ideas for new factions and units)
*Warcraft
*LoTR battle for middle earth

LiTos456
05-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I personally think DoF is already all of that.

Qc_4ever
05-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Obviously Warcraft 3, I'm still playing it sometime and there are always new mods. :) But I don't like when hosts says : "If you attack me, I kick you". It's really boring. =.="

szebus
05-07-2009, 03:09 AM
The Settlers series and Stronghold/Stronghold Crusaders.

Konstantin Fomenko
05-07-2009, 12:25 PM
I`ll throw in a list of RTS games which influenced me the most as DoF producer and design director.

Battle for the Middle Earth I - cinematic feel of gameplay, and the basics of human base building, as well as out approach to battalions. We actually had several meetings with EA`s executive producer on this title - Mark Skaggs (creator for BftME1) and Mr.Skaggs had a good deal input on the features similar to BfME1 that went into DoF

Warcraft 3 - parts of Elven economy, Tree of War, single-player campaign putting story first.

Age of Kings - human economy and lots of aspects of the human race.

Saga - approach to MMORTS quests and some of the persistent base building.

Dreamslords - approach to MMORTS research with 120+ researchable techs

Starcraft - our approach with making 3 playable races absolutely unique like in Starcraft.

Total War - the scope of siege battles, as well part of controls for the large scale warfare, and some of the GUI.

Dawn of War - the gore levels, the blood, the screams the death agony.

Stronghold - the siege gameplay and boiling oil.

Darvin
05-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Well, that's a pretty exhaustive list of awesome :-P

MrBlack103
05-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah, BFME1 was so epic even though the armies weren't that big. I loved massing cavalry as Rohan.

Asatru
05-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Mount & Blade = Give's a good inside of combat on a mount ( horse's in that game ).

Also give's a lot of aspect in different human factions and warfare ( castle siege etc )

-Asatru

hasdrubal
08-10-2009, 07:32 PM
for the MMORts side EVONY and romeTW map
for the build side anno 1603 and settlers
for the research side civ series
for the siegie stronghold and TW
for setting santharian dream

but it looks like they have done a good job

Tbeaz161
08-10-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm glad to here the amount of blood and screaming may be akin to Dawn of War :D

hashkage
10-03-2009, 03:58 PM
I`ll throw in a list of RTS games which influenced me the most as DoF producer and design director.

Battle for the Middle Earth I - cinematic feel of gameplay, and the basics of human base building, as well as out approach to battalions. We actually had several meetings with EA`s executive producer on this title - Mark Skaggs (creator for BftME1) and Mr.Skaggs had a good deal input on the features similar to BfME1 that went into DoF

Warcraft 3 - parts of Elven economy, Tree of War, single-player campaign putting story first.

Age of Kings - human economy and lots of aspects of the human race.

Saga - approach to MMORTS quests and some of the persistent base building.

Dreamslords - approach to MMORTS research with 120+ researchable techs

Starcraft - our approach with making 3 playable races absolutely unique like in Starcraft.

Total War - the scope of siege battles, as well part of controls for the large scale warfare, and some of the GUI.

Dawn of War - the gore levels, the blood, the screams the death agony.

Stronghold - the siege gameplay and boiling oil.

Doesent Dreamlords have the kind of map you are implending to?
And the list is awesome, though will humans only be able to build in selected squares like in BfME 1 or will it be like in nbr. 2 where you can build wherever you want?

Josh Warner
10-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Doesent Dreamlords have the kind of map you are implending to?
And the list is awesome, though will humans only be able to build in selected squares like in BfME 1 or will it be like in nbr. 2 where you can build wherever you want?

Orcs can free build, elves/humans have pre-set locations, we're not sure if each location can only have a specific building, or if the 'size' of each square allows for certain 'size' buildings to be placed there.