PDA

View Full Version : New Units for SiegeWorks...

Gongora
11-14-2012, 10:43 AM
So I heard new units, and I love more units.....

So any idea as to what those units are, hints, leaks, ...rumors :p

I am really looking forward to this update as it will give the game so much more in time (hopfully) for the steam players that try DoF!

Konstantin Fomenko
11-14-2012, 11:11 AM
We`ll reveal this later on as it`ll make a great Preview article. But it`s mostly Siege engines and siege units, but very creative once. Just two examples for now:
-Dwarves with gunpowder barrels that they can drag and place under the walls.
-Very large portable shield that attacking archers can hide behind as they fire

Dragun
11-14-2012, 11:23 AM
I think elves deserve to have some siege weapon to break gates, they just have the treant and the bolt throler, and elves crush dmg is too low...

Konstantin Fomenko
11-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Elves are getting some really awesome stuff as well:) And agreed.

Rough
11-14-2012, 10:02 PM
I really hope the orcs get some funky catapult attacks like a unit that can be thrown over walls or maybe throw mini body piles into enemy towns.

Dragun
11-15-2012, 01:13 AM
I really hope the orcs get some funky catapult attacks like a unit that can be thrown over walls or maybe throw mini body piles into enemy towns.

Men, you scared me...

Konstantin Fomenko
11-15-2012, 07:37 AM
How did you guess? We were thinking along these lines. Well that and Goblin rock-climbers capable of scaling walls.

Landir
11-18-2012, 03:10 AM
I think it would be awesome if elves had more than just a bunch of trees that are the battering ram and siege ladders in one. There is this bolt thrower of course but they should have you know something more like a giant monster that has a catapult on it or a simple catapult with good accuracy would make but for now i am so exited of this game still surprising me :)