View Full Version : Dof.exe has stopped working help please
09-09-2012, 12:43 PM
So i bought this game back around the time it came out, It worked great i was even on it yesterday then today i go to log in and keep getting this messge -
Dof.exe has stopped working
I launch the game and the laucher comes up and checks all files like noraml and then says game files updated successfully like noraml then i hit play and that is when the Dof.exe stopped working messge hits every time know :(
and i tryed repairing the game redownloading it and reinstalling it, restoreing my pc to the day before when it worked fine but nothing is working :( all my other games seem to be working just DOF is doing this i don't understand why.
so thank you for any help in gettting this sorted so i can play once again :)
09-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Some things you can try.
1) make sure you restart the computer - if you haven`t this could cause that.
2) Disable Anti Virus and Firewall - and if that works set DofUpdater.exe as exception
3) When you start the updater, try to right click - and Start as Administrator (or Run as Administrator)
4) Try installing C runtime libraries. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
5) Try getting the latest .Net Framework (free download, just google it)
6) To confirm you already tried using the latest client located here? http://dofgame.com/download/DoFInstaller.exe
7) Lets try uninstall one more time, but this time also removing temp updater files:
a.) Go to your user directory (C:\Users\Your User Name Here) with 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' enabled (see here (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-see-hidden-files-in-windows/) for details), the folder AppData should appear.
b.) Navigate from your user directory to AppData, and then to Local. For more instruction, see:
Windows 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCXZdOf06Y
Windows XP: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Application_data_folder_in_windows_xp
Windows Vista: http://techqa.wordpress.com/2008/08/24/appdata-folder-in-windows-vista/
c.) There should be a folder named DoFUpdater there, delete it.
09-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Ok thanks i am back in game :) did everything you said and nothing worked until the last step after i unstalled the game i saw the files were still on my harddrive :S so i mannual removed then installed and then reinstalled and it is know working :)
just got a small question about in game before i last logged i started to build a archway upgrade on one gate when i fianlly got in game i looked at it and it is just an open space :S but if i click on it i can close it yet when i do i see nothing closeing or opening :S
is there a way to show the new archway up since it makes my defence look a bit easy to get in to know with a giant hole in it after all?.
and thanks again for you help of getting my game working again once more :)
09-09-2012, 07:02 PM
ok the archway is know working werid :S any way thanks again for you help before :)
vBulletin® v3.6.4, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.