PDA

View Full Version : Caravans & Airstrikes

LiTos456
05-02-2009, 10:23 AM
The question is simple: how will caravans work?

Also, please tell me there's an airstrike feature! For example eagles flying in throwing rocks, or a massive fireball montage, flying towards your enemies burning them to death... Or lightning strikes... Or at least a billion arrows being shot at the same time like in 300... Man I'd make a trailer about that!

Andy Joslin
05-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Caravans?:confused:

As to air strikes..things like this may happen.

LiTos456
05-02-2009, 03:59 PM
...more info please?
Caravans are traders that go from city to city? You know, I heard that function will be in the game... I just wonder how it'll work etc...

Darvin
05-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Caravans are basically trade carts from Age of Empires II.

The_Biz
05-02-2009, 06:36 PM
the trade cart mechanic was pretty cool

Jean=A=Luc
05-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Also, please tell me there's an airstrike feature! For example eagles flying in throwing rocks, or a massive fireball montage, flying towards your enemies burning them to death... Or lightning strikes... Or at least a billion arrows being shot at the same time like in 300... Man I'd make a trailer about that!

Please no bfme-like point & kill abilities like this.

LiTos456
05-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Aw! I loved that one! It was also back in AoM, man the asteroid strikes were amazing. It's all I dream of for Dawn of Fantasy :P And well party quests.

raving
05-03-2009, 10:00 AM
hmmm i think if u trow in huge kill buttons, you get a whole diferent kinda game. Things wont depend on the position of ur men or on the skills, but on how many you can kill with 1 button

LiTos456
05-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Not true. I didn't say this button would be available all the time. Obviously it could take time to recharge, or can only be used lets say twice throughout a battle, etc. Even though a lot of men can be lost, it will be a great sight for both players... Besides, I never said the attacking player can't use it either. So yeah. I mean for the sake of fun, come on...

Puppeteer
05-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Perhaps an option for campaign, only.

Jean=A=Luc
05-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Perhaps an option for campaign, only.

Agreed.

Tbh I'm tired of "nukes". I don't even find such powers amusing to watch anymore. While playing a game on DoF's scale I want to think about strategy, terrain and positioning my troops, not about my soldiers getting splattered by a giant rock falling from the sky.

Esculas the Mighty
05-03-2009, 04:28 PM
there is already magic

nickson104
05-03-2009, 04:52 PM
there is already magic

Yeah that will pretty much be tide turning stuff... especially if you had an arch mage or such... casting a giant fireball into the enemy ranks and obliterating 100 troops

LiTos456
05-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Screw you guys, its fun to be one of those pesky noobs using cheap mass kill buttons.
At least it looks good and the camera shakes.

Grizzlez
05-04-2009, 12:27 PM
The problem I've found with many RTS games is that you spend ages getting an army to attack with, you move your men towars the keep and before they get their some massive explosion of some sort wipes out your army. By the time your army is replenished, their devastating strike is back.
Happened in BFME, Halo wars, CnC3 to name a few. I'd rather use strategic manouvers to take out an enemies army than click one button to do it for me.
It all depends on how Reverie want DoF to turn out like, it can either be a challenging strategy game, or a building game with nukes. I know which one i'd rather play lol.
Possibly something that can be done in a mod for personal enjoyment.

LiTos456
05-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Yeah, that's what I want.
I don't really need it for MMORPG, but maybe for just in the editor when scripting a scenario or allowing those powers to be used on the map in the multiplayer? I just want them in there, if not I'd hope someone makes a mod. I sure will be learning to make a lot of mods and maps for the game, I've never modded games before, so this shall be my first. I shall contribute my ass to this :O

Generation
05-19-2009, 05:41 PM
That's not fun then