PDA

View Full Version : A guild idea

OrcSlayer
04-25-2009, 06:20 AM
I was thinking about this guild that at the start and at any time there is no leader the leader is elected but after that the only way to become leader yourself is to over throught the current leader this would probably fit for orcs:) would anyone be intrested ?

zach12wqasxz
06-29-2009, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=OrcSlayer;13672]at any time there is no leader the leader is elected QUOTE]

or the leader could just be the dude in the guild with the most strongolds/citys

Generation
06-29-2009, 01:19 AM
wat factions in ur guild?

Kire
06-29-2009, 03:46 AM
Well nice point for guild, making it more interesting even inside of it =P, like also was in past where other were trying to make themselves king and overthrow the atm king. Tho it would create neutral side, "enemies inside" side and kings (leader in alliance - corrected) ally side =). Nice very nice =).

Edit: And as i understand the person post under my is saying each faction should have king, tho that would mean constant war between top alliances but that would be there anyway, but the original poster idea is better, it gives more extra fun =P and tho realistic =P.
(i fixed the misunderstood word in my text =))

Darathor
06-29-2009, 06:56 AM
This is an interesting idea. Like Kire said, it would create factions and there would be a bit of drama too I suppose but sounds like a fun concept that could be awesome with all the factions competing to have someone on their side be elected to be the king or overthrow the current king and instate their own choice for king.
But what powers would the king have though? What would make it worth being king that would make everyone want to be it.

The Witch King of Angmar
06-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Money, castles, armies and most importantly, allegiance.

OrcSlayer
06-29-2009, 03:38 PM
the reason there is an elected leader is because if they are weak someone more powerful will usurp and any races are allowed as long as they provide for the guild

edit: the ppl who elect the king/leader are the strongest member from each reigons and the king has pretty much control over the guild's combined army and navy and has a constant stream of tribute from members. the king sets the amount of tribute

Darathor
06-30-2009, 08:24 AM
So the king could command the guild to try and take over a bunch of land and cities?
And also, wouldn't there be a scenario where a lot of the guild revolts due to high taxes?(or like Robin Hood where only a few brave guys stand up to the king's loyal army)
What if someone just didn't pay tribute, would the guild destroy them?

OrcSlayer
06-30-2009, 12:30 PM
The point of paying tribute is that it is used to help the guild as a whole, exept in the case of a power-crazed leader bringing the taxs up impossibly high and hogging all the revenue and the tribute you pay based is based on the power of your armys and number and level of citys

Darathor
06-30-2009, 01:18 PM
How could the money be utilized to help the guild?
Would you give it to needy guildmates and also spread it out among those who are fighting for the guild?

OrcSlayer
07-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Got it in one

Darathor
07-02-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't understand what that last post meant, Orcslayer, but this guild idea is great and I would join it if it does happen.

MrBlack103
07-03-2009, 05:50 AM
I reckon you should base guilds partly upon the feudal system - Each player could provide some troops for the general use of the guild (in other words, the "Grand Army", commanded by the king. Of course, the tribute should be used as well. In fact, how about a "guild" resource pool, that people above a certain rank in the guild could use for, well, anything. This would be the tributes that pile up. Anyways, some good ideas circulating in this thread. I wanna see some of them in the game.:)

OrcSlayer
07-03-2009, 06:16 AM
I was saying that that was that idea about tribute

Darathor
07-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Ah, ok Orcslayer.
I think a feudal-like system would be good and the idea is already somewhat like that.

Kire
07-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Ah, ok Orcslayer.
I think a feudal-like system would be good and the idea is already somewhat like that.

elves dont use feudal sistem ... we are too wise, beautiful and powerful for that ... we use absolute monarchy!! (dont go on human lvl... we are better)

Darathor
07-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Feudalism is monarchy.
It was just a way to distribute the land among noblemen/knights(vassals) and the vassals would then give their loyalty to the king and also tribute and soldiers if need be. So it's a win/win situation(for the most part), the king gains money and military might and the vassals gain land, power, and money, but the vassals can have a disadvantage if the king is bad or greedy and wants too much tribute etc.

jecjoker
07-03-2009, 09:49 PM
It is a good idea though if guilds were indivisually owned/created itd crush the creater who ofunded them to lsoe leadership and it is monarchy so they should keep it unless they abondo nthere post or pass it on. This should include donated guild funds and the Guild army for thigns such as Guild wars and should not allow guild armies to prey on single unoffending people.:D

Darathor
07-04-2009, 08:10 AM
You can only play against other people who are the same or near your level or, if there are more than one of you, your combined levels must nearly equal their opponent's level.
i.e. 2 level 5s can fight a level 10 player

OrcSlayer
07-04-2009, 08:33 AM
mabye the the highest ranking maember in each reigon is lord of that reigon while the rest of the members are the knights. but if the guild leader is say based in the high elf mountainous reigon the second highest ranking guild member is the lord of that reigon.
the guild isn't a monarchy beacause that means when he leader dies thier heir becomes leader and if the current leader leaves unanounced for any reason then the next leader is elected by the lords (see above) after two weeks
during this period the guild is ruled by a council made up of the lords

Off-topic is it just me or is this thread domoinated by the elven sect

Kire
07-04-2009, 09:27 AM
mabye the the highest ranking maember in each reigon is lord of that reigon while the rest of the members are the knights. but if the guild leader is say based in the high elf mountainous reigon the second highest ranking guild member is the lord of that reigon.
the guild isn't a monarchy beacause that means when he leader dies thier heir becomes leader and if the current leader leaves unanounced for any reason then the next leader is elected by the lords (see above) after two weeks
during this period the guild is ruled by a council made up of the lords

Off-topic is it just me or is this thread domoinated by the elven sect

I am self proclaim absolute elf monarch, emperor of the all elf lands. So noeone has the right to form any mini subfeudalism in my domain or be killed. No lords just me! And i wont tolerate so called "guild leaders" to have any power.

OrcSlayer
07-04-2009, 12:29 PM
ok then elf or not prepare for when your towns are burned to the ground in 2010 muhhuha

jecjoker
07-04-2009, 10:32 PM
ok then elf or not prepare for when your towns are burned to the ground in 2010 muhhuha
:confused: What about 2010? And I will rule the world! Btw that seemed a bit off topic #1 it is mostl yelfs but im normally pro human due to beleaveing anything truely willing and both unwilling to die can prosper:cool:

Darathor
07-05-2009, 07:27 AM
The idea is cool Orcslayer and I think that most everyone else is too scared to post here.:D