PDA

View Full Version : DOF.exe has stopped working

Melongeed
06-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Hey all, I've been having a lot of troubles with Dawn of Fantasy, first of all, I just started playing 2 days ago, everything has been great! Extect when I try to play today, I get an error saying, "DOF.exe has stopped working"

I raced to the techincal support page and followed all troubleshooting steps in one of the sticky'd thread. Still no go.

The error happens when I click on the "play" button when the updater finishes its little thing.

I have reinstalled dawn of fantasy many times and rebooted several times too, now I come here.

My computer specs are:

18GiB of DDR3 RAM
Intel i7 960 processor
GeForce Nvidia GTX 570 Graphics card.
And 3 hard drives.

I hardly think it's my

DOF is installed on a 60GiB SSD drive, plenty of space to update and whatnot.
Also, If I click on "editor" The same problem occures. Any idea's guys?

Please help, I really have to catch up on this game, in the 2 days I have played it, I have loved it.

aramsm
06-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi Melongeed,

Ive been this problem for 12 days now and still cant fix it. Though, some ppl say that if you click on UpdateUpdate_New.exe it shall fix it. I tried that but still I cant.

If you fix it pls call me or reply my post ("The player who has been forgotten"). Im in the same situation as you, want to play but I cant.

Konstantin Fomenko
06-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Guys,

Please try this fix: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=72479&postcount=11

it "might" work, in any event - we`ll have a patch out in a day or two (unfortunately with the server move it goes delayed) that`ll fix this for good.

aramsm
06-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Hi Konstantin,

Thx for the reply. I tried that still no result. Could be anything realted to a driver or something? Maybe java or adobe flash?

Sometimes it seems that it cant load the intro movie. Idk... Im thinking on format my machine but I cant do that right now.

Konstantin Fomenko
06-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Armsm - to check have you tried to reinstall - including manually deleting any leftover files in the Dawn of Fantasy folder? as well as removing the hidden updater files: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4136

aramsm
06-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Hummm let me check that.

PS:
Yay now its fixed. Thx Konstantine.

Melongeed
06-12-2012, 08:14 PM
I will try this when I get home, hopefully it works! Or at least one of those solutions would help! :)

Melongeed
06-13-2012, 03:25 AM
It works! Thank you very much, kind sir! :)

quanjose1
07-08-2012, 10:33 PM
my games stopped working i get an error dof.exe error wont search for a solution ive used update update ive uninstaled ive repaired it and i used that fix patch nothings worked

Hrothgar Fyrninga
06-11-2013, 03:19 PM
:confused: I just newly bought the game (today) and every time I try to open Kingdom Wars on single player my game crashes, saying that Dof.exe doesn't work.
I tried the update but nothing changed, so I have no idea what's wrong....

Zvonzi
06-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Hmm, seems wierd. Could you please post your log.txt files located in game folder?

Meanwhile, try this:

C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\dof
Delete following files:
interfacedata.dat
local_saved_data
After that, run game again. This will create a new profile.

Hrothgar Fyrninga
06-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Ok sorry for taking so long to reply, I'm not quite sure how to post log.txt, hope i did it right. The error occures everytime I open kingdom Wars, I tried to follow your instructions but nothing worked.........

Konstantin Fomenko
06-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Can you please post Log1.txt file again, but before you do this please follow these instructions.

1) Start the game
2) Click on Kingdom Wars in the main menu, and try to Enter the campaign
3) As soon as game crashes, or stops responding locate your Log1.txt file and attach it here (without starting the game again)

Thank you so much for your help allowing us to fix this issue asap.

Hrothgar Fyrninga
06-22-2013, 04:42 AM
Ok thank you for helping :)
There actually seem to be 2 folders called log1, one of them i can send you the other not....
it's called Log1.txt(1)