PDA

View Full Version : Territory Wars(on world map)

picobee
05-27-2012, 11:08 PM
I just have an idea . I dont know how far you can take it but here it is..

i means since we dont see each other on the world map. wouldnt it be nice to see the cities on the world map that can be fought for?? and owned? it'll definately show which player is strong!!

just my idea to improve battle pvp.since the world map is abit open and plenty of more rooms for cities and capitals.. there should be certain cities and capitals that when you lay siege to it, afterwards you own it.. You wont own for good because ownership would always be a battle with other players..

When the players own it. it'll show on the world map also. so we dont have to guess or search empty fields for a pvp battle..

may the best player win!

White935
05-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Here's a five second sketch on how i think it might be done
http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q464/White935/5mindisplay.jpg

Basically form up the different areas into sectors, and make some sort of "control" method of taking and defending sectors. such as building keeps (preferable bigger ones than the ones currently available, the orc's reinforced camps is far to tiny, it makes it impossible to organize your troops from it.

picobee
05-28-2012, 06:07 AM
yes i agree. the sectors of each territory that can be fought for is a great idea. to add ontop of that. we should get flags of our city to fly on these territories so players know who has won it..

for instance humans, elfs, orcs... so if a human won the territory we fly the human flag,, and if the elfs then elf flag.. etc etc :D

White935
05-28-2012, 08:14 AM
yes i agree. the sectors of each territory that can be fought for is a great idea. to add ontop of that. we should get flags of our city to fly on these territories so players know who has won it..

for instance humans, elfs, orcs... so if a human won the territory we fly the human flag,, and if the elfs then elf flag.. etc etc :D

rather I'd say alliances, elves fight elves, human fights humans, and orc's definitely fight orcs.

picobee
05-28-2012, 08:38 AM
but that wouldnt be any fun fighting same race over n over lol thats why we mix it up :)

Dreamwalker
05-28-2012, 11:33 AM
This sounds really cool, and not too hard to put in game. Hope the devs consider it. :)

Konstantin Fomenko
05-28-2012, 11:49 AM
*Considering it...*

Nibelton
05-28-2012, 11:50 AM
there is known word "Engine Limitations",so if it has it,then no,u wont have it :P
and if im not mistaking,making/remake enige will req. changes to the DB,which is not an option,as it could resoult in total wipe or countless hours of work that could be spent elsewhere.
even remaking enginge is a long work,and will req. to rollback to beta stage.

White935
05-28-2012, 01:13 PM
there is known word "Engine Limitations",so if it has it,then no,u wont have it :P
and if im not mistaking,making/remake enige will req. changes to the DB,which is not an option,as it could resoult in total wipe or countless hours of work that could be spent elsewhere.
even remaking enginge is a long work,and will req. to rollback to beta stage.

Am well familiar with engine, codes, and designing nibelton. While i study economy, i also as part of that study UML (united modelling language), and system architecture, while I'm far from being a programmer/coder, i do know the basic thought line, there's certainly a possibility to add this.

one alternative would be to remove their current Sectors, (5-6 of em) and change it into many small, although that would require re-work on their pvp finder, as it would detect fights in far to small radius.

Although the best would be to make smaller sectors, that's recognized as a part of the original sectors which is used to define pvp searches, while smaller sectors would count as sub-parts of it. although i don't know enough about game engines to really make a statement on this, I'm pretty sure its not a engine issue, but if its actually something worth investing time in, if you consider fun =//= implementing and development time, then i cant really say anything.

am pretty sure thou that changing sectors/map isn't integrated into the engine, rather the engine powers the map etc, you gotta remind the dev's developed it with the thought of introducing new races, and opening up new sectors for those races in the future.

picobee
05-28-2012, 04:21 PM
im not a programmer, but when the ceo says "considering it" thats just awesome !! thanks for listening to ideas to improve gaming experience! i love pvp and to be able to showcase it in that manner would be highly renowned

Wolfentir
05-30-2012, 02:59 AM
I wrote this in another thread. If we have 'teritory wars', I'm not sure how would thatg work on the world map considering all the players and all the castles that were owned by them.

I thought an island might resolve that issue.

"As other people said, we also need conquerable territories. Maybe a new server could be created which would contain The Island of the Ancients. Ancients once lived on this island but their civilization is now long gone. Each race has different myths linked to this island and the Ancients, but each race believes that conquering the island will help them achieve their goals.

Orcs believe that who ever controls the Island will control the ancient demon that will help them conquer all the other races.

Humans believe that by controling the Island Heavens gates will finally be open to humans and every human that dies will go to Heaven.

Elves believe that if they control the island the Nature will once again be powerful enough to rule over the land and stop the younger races from destroying the ancient forests.

These are just some of the ideas. But now the world has a reason for new server (island) and the reason to fight over it. So you can still play PvE and PvP sieges on the main landmass and have a war on another server.

The island can be divided into many regions and each race gets a starting region with a castle. Maybe this castle cannot be attacked and can be used as a meeting point for players to chat and devise strategies.
Then players go after territories and build their castles. Again, each territory could have limited number of castles (devs decide) but each castle could be defended and attacked by up to 2 players on each side. Or if that is too much it could be 1v1.

And of you go, devs set a time limit for the war (a week, a month, several months) and after the time has run out which ever race holds the most territory wins the war. And the players with most victories and contribution to the war get labeled as "The Hero of the Realm/Tribe/Covenant".

Zekarde
05-30-2012, 05:18 AM
The main problem I see in territory control is the fate of each individual stronghold being controlled by 2-6 people. If there was a way for a battle to have people enter and exit the match I could see people bringing in armies, fighting until they are beaten and bloody and then leaving(or dying). In which case it would become a more large scale event, not just a couple guys capturing the capital but everyone up to the task joining in.

If that would not work, then the castle could be divided into sections, each one a map on its own; allowing fresh forces(if they exist) for the attackers and defenders to duke it out for the courtyard/keep(or even nearby fields/encampment/actual castle, in that order) and the final fate being decided after 2-3 matches occurring.

All that being said, it would be interesting to have a player show up as the reinforcements when besieging a npc castle. :eek:

vicious666
05-30-2012, 04:45 PM
if this game wanna have appeal to thousand of player must be competitive and deep

right now human interaction inside except for co-op siege is very low, same for pvp very hard to find, i cant go around ask in chat who have an army of my similar str for match a fight.

we need a conquerable land with bonus for who hold it, and ability to attack/defend with multiple ppl, up to 4 vs 4 or more.

you are a very tought realm ? cool other will see your str on the map and will form up to attack you. maybe 3 vs you. 3 army of 500 can fight 1 of 1500 for example.

Also str of a player must be visible, dunno a classific, where ppl declare theyr MAIN army, and that count for such ladder.

Nibelton
05-30-2012, 05:23 PM
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=72099#post72099

vicious666
05-30-2012, 05:44 PM
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=72099#post72099

- Make a complite new Map with TERRITORY.map should be a strategic map i.e. Victoria,World of battles (Grand strategy) and etc. and there alliances can go to war for territories,which will generate wealth,resources or maybe even new troops,that can be recruited in specifig territory,also u can store troops there,build fort with ur alliance and so on,others thing i'll leave to your creative minds :P PS: create a new button,so u can switch between normal map and alliance wars.

is the exactly same things i told to Konstantin, this game is better in graphics deeper in the development of city-units etc, also HARDER than world of battles, but lack the world of battles pvp strategic map system made of guild of players fighting for lands that give extra resource, even 4 vs 4, in world of battles there is not even castles. so this game can perform much better. and be much more pvp competitive

picobee
05-30-2012, 11:46 PM
well this would be awesome for sure. . however i have yet another concept of pvp. lag free i suppose because it would only involve your hero..

Tournaments should be hosted randomly in AI Cities, the player would sign up to this. and battle it out 1v1 hero vs hero, First person view. have skills to use like slash, stab, shield , and just cuz i thought of the idea i should have extra skill. Choke slam :D :D

Nibelton
05-31-2012, 01:58 AM
Tournaments should be hosted randomly in AI Cities, the player would sign up to this. and battle it out 1v1 hero vs hero, First person view. have skills to use like slash, stab, shield , and just cuz i thought of the idea i should have extra skill. Choke slam :D :D

Enginge Limitations,it was designed for RTS,not FPS.

Partl
05-31-2012, 02:49 AM
Hmmm... why not making an own Isle/continent, where only those can battle, that have finished the campain?

Atm, we already got such a change in gameplay - the moment when you have built the walls, and therefore grow to an "full PvP-member".

Once u have finished the campaign, you could recive a letter from your king, telling you, hes gonna send you in a land, far far away... to fight for greater glory, or stuff.

There u build a new town, that is seen on that new map. Only those that are playing the "endgame" can see it/be there, and every town that is defeated will be gone.
This could solve the boreness of the endgame, that i have heared of.

I am aware of the work, that would be waiting for u, implementing a "whole new game", but it could be done somewhere in the future - maybe with an exansion + the undead-faction, everybody is waiting for ;)
Btw, undead could make their soldiers out of dead enemies - that would be awsome :)

Nibelton
05-31-2012, 04:05 AM
Btw, undead could make their soldiers out of dead enemies - that would be awsome :)
for undead some thing horrible must happen for that,and b4 some big BOOM and unleashed dark forces nowhere around i doubt they will be.

Gruber12
05-31-2012, 04:06 AM
for undead some thing horrible must happen for that,and b4 some big BOOM and unleashed dark forces nowhere around i doubt they will be.

Ocs poppping out of the ground where lightning strikes to some corpse coming back to life doesnt seem like such a big leap :rolleyes: