PDA

View Full Version : Konstantin! You made HG headlines... :)

HamsterofDoom
04-07-2009, 01:05 AM
http://heavengames.com/ -- > Near the bottom of the page on April 4.

Congratulations Mr. K, its been a long time since a SCN Punk member's project headlined at HG, a very long time. I wish you and the rest of Reverie the best of luck in the games future development, and I am looking forward to playing the game in the 3rd quarter of 2009... :)

- Josh Blackshear

Esculas the Mighty
04-07-2009, 06:21 AM
dof heaven :)

LiTos456
04-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Cool. I loved HG back when I used to play RoN and AoM.

Andy Joslin
04-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Konstantin was a very avid scenario designer (and modder perhaps...I don't remember) for Age of Empires II back in the day. He led SCN punk, which used to be like..the AoE2 design team.

Most of our staff, in fact, used to avidly do some sort of modding/scenario designing for some game or other.

The_Biz
04-07-2009, 01:31 PM
konstantin led scn punk?

never knew

anyways, hope the scenario design of dawn of fantasy has some site led by reverie and doesn't primarily exist on some heavengames portal. they have lots of nice people there, but the system itself is terrible, especially reviews, and there are many administration issues

Joseph Visscher
04-07-2009, 01:32 PM
good job Kon and dof :)

Konstantin was a very avid scenario designer (and modder perhaps...I don't remember) for Age of Empires II back in the day. He led SCN punk, which used to be like..the AoE2 design team.

Most of our staff, in fact, used to avidly do some sort of modding/scenario designing for some game or other.

*Cough* BFME2 Gladiator Underworld *Cough*

Morgoth owned so many noobs on that map lol. I remember one guy was yelling at me because he lost 14 times on that map and his record was 3win/14loss. :) Devilish Creation>Noobs

Konstantin Fomenko
04-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Heya Josh!

Great to hear from you - heh, scnpunk...yeah the past has come back to haunt me:) these were the good ol`days.

And yeah - I saw the new post by Alex - warmed my heart (Alex, if your reading this, we greatly appreciate this - just let Danny Vink know if you`d like an exclusive set of screenshots/interview - e.t.c for HG sometime)

Really feels good to sort of "go back" to where it all started (for these who don`t know original Dawn of Fantasy team was formed with Heaven Games forumers a very long time ago)

Alex Walz
04-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Hey guys. :)
I never knew you led SCN Punk, Konstantin. So you must be... Ex-T? I'm part of Tsunami and I've heard a lot about you guys over the years. I know a lot of other HGers on the team, or who were invited, too.

But yeah, I'll definitely contact Danny Vink sometime. I've already talked with Alex Flegler a little on the subject. :p And then hopefully we might just see a Dawn of Fantasy Heaven one day. But either way, I'm glad you liked the news and remembered us amidst your new fame. :p

Woah, how do I have an earlier reg date than Konstantin. :eek: Didn't realize I registered so long ago. Where does time go...

Andy Joslin
04-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I never knew you led SCN Punk, Konstantin. So you must be... Ex-T? I'm part of Tsunami and I've heard a lot about you guys over the years. I know a lot of other HGers on the team, or who were invited, too.
I'm Impeached from Tsunami Studios. ;)

Alex Walz
04-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Impeached! I remember seeing something in your sig about Reverie. Nice to see you here. ;)

Nacht jaeger
04-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Wow, lots of HGers around here....

Joseph Visscher
04-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Ha my bfme2 Gladiator Servants Of Darkness is still in 11th most popular map on heaven games.
Look at the date lol, 11/21/06, where did the years go... The age of 'Out of Synch' has passed. :) (some will know what I mean)
http://bfme2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=319

Bryan Oakley
04-09-2009, 06:55 PM

I never even heard of it till this post :p

crex719
04-09-2009, 07:02 PM
I never even heard of it till this post :p

At least I'm not the only one who hasn't...

Jean=A=Luc
04-09-2009, 08:10 PM
HG's a great site and DoF looks like it was made for it tbh. :)

The_Biz
04-09-2009, 08:35 PM
HG's a great site and DoF looks like it was made for it tbh. :)

more like HGers made DoF ;)

iceblast
04-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Impeached! I remember seeing something in your sig about Reverie. Nice to see you here. ;)

well welcome to the boards.

heavens games? battle for middle earth heaven?.

It's a good site i uploaded some pretty awful maps there. i dled my first mod there.

Ha my bfme2 Gladiator Servants Of Darkness is still in 11th most popular map on heaven games.
Look at the date lol, 11/21/06, where did the years go... The age of 'Out of Synch' has passed. (some will know what I mean)
http://bfme2.heavengames.com/downloa...php?fileid=319

that was a pretty awful map :P:P jokes

i liked the ice tundra one you did that one was awesome.

edit:

all of ur maps are here i think http://bfme2.heavengames.com/downloads/lister.php?search=jbv3737.

it was tournament tundra :P

Joseph Visscher
04-10-2009, 03:03 PM
well welcome to the boards.

heavens games? battle for middle earth heaven?.

It's a good site i uploaded some pretty awful maps there. i dled my first mod there.

that was a pretty awful map :P:P jokes

i liked the ice tundra one you did that one was awesome.

edit:

all of ur maps are here i think http://bfme2.heavengames.com/downloads/lister.php?search=jbv3737.

it was tournament tundra :P

Man I was such a Noob mapper then,,, Alot has changed now. I think the same goes for the rest of the team, we all start somewhere so Experience gained are Skills Earned. :)

iceblast
04-10-2009, 03:31 PM
so ur saying those maps are low quality?.

lol there still some of the best maps despite being nearly 3 years old.

i wish bfme2 was still alive good times when it was.

LiTos456
04-11-2009, 03:33 AM
konstantin led scn punk?

never knew

anyways, hope the scenario design of dawn of fantasy has some site led by reverie and doesn't primarily exist on some heavengames portal. they have lots of nice people there, but the system itself is terrible, especially reviews, and there are many administration issues

Sure, join DoFS!

Yeah I know right, now I feel just like another noob. Don't even know what to say.

Grizzlez
04-11-2009, 04:16 AM
The age of 'Out of Synch' has passed. :) (some will know what I mean)

The dreaded OOS lol. At least we won't have those annoying problems here :)

Village Sock
04-11-2009, 07:57 AM
A DoF heaven would be absolutely amazing, but I don't know how many other HGers are that excited about Dawn of Fantasy, as I can think of a couple bar myself but not many.
In case anybody is wondering i'm A Banned User from HG. You can mainly find me at EEH making scenarios.

iceblast
04-11-2009, 10:13 AM
A DoF heaven would be absolutely amazing, but I don't know how many other HGers are that excited about Dawn of Fantasy, as I can think of a couple bar myself but not many.
In case anybody is wondering i'm A Banned User from HG. You can mainly find me at EEH making scenarios.

lol why are u banned :P

Alex Walz
04-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Hey ABU. ;)
I don't know about the newbies, but a lot of the oldies who were around when Reverie started, have been following DoF's development and show interest. And then, DoF is a scenario designer and modder's dream, and that is primarily who we cater to, so I think it has plenty of interest.

Jean=A=Luc
04-11-2009, 12:30 PM
i wish bfme2 was still alive good times when it was.

It is still alive (the expansion at least), maybe not on HG but it is alive.

iceblast
04-11-2009, 02:11 PM
i remember all the cussing fights i had with the clans that took the game too serious lol :L.

Cobra
04-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Wow, lots of HGers around here...
I wish more of them would have used similar aliases so I'd recognize them, like Nacht. But I guess I'm partially guilty of that as well.
I don't know about the newbies, but a lot of the oldies who were around when Reverie started, have been following DoF's development and show interest.
I missed the very beginnings, but I can still remember like six or seven years ago all the designers getting all excited about a new game in the works and how it would cure cancer and end homelessness. In other words, it's probably better hardly anyone's there that remembers, because nobody likes unrealistic expectations. :p

I hope Aro will put something in the news at AoKH when it gets closer to coming out, given the history and all. Maybe get some of the newer guys in the loop.

HamsterofDoom
04-13-2009, 07:50 PM
What's all this talk of BFME2? Old school is Age of Kings and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds... :D

Damn, I just realized how old I am now, lol. Gah :p

Andy Joslin
04-13-2009, 07:51 PM
I wish more of them would have used similar aliases so I'd recognize them, like Nacht. But I guess I'm partially guilty of that as well.
I actually use Impeached .. everywhere. I neglected to here because I must place my full name. :p
So you're Cobra the Mediocre, then, eh?

fyro11
04-15-2009, 06:26 PM

AOE2 is a game I play even now with my much older uncle, of all people. Konstantin is obviously a legend. A modest one.

Not sure whatever happened with AOE3. Must say the physics are, as far as I've seen, unrivalled by any other RTS I've encountered. But the maps always felt confined. Anyhow the expansions added the sort of diversity in gameplay that should've been there in the beginning.

Anyhow, I actually started playing AOE1 as far back as 1998. Was introduced by my uncle who worked in an IT firm. I suppose his colleagues would've suggested it to him. Then we started playing via LAN. Not sure how others played but I remember the two main strategies were to either spam Chariot Archers, or Heavy Catapults. I was 10 years old then. Hah. How time flies. That was my first run-in with RTS games. And since then, I've never lost the addiction.

Cobra
04-19-2009, 11:31 AM
So you're Cobra the Mediocre, then, eh?
Guilty as charged. :p I hadn't known you were part of Reverie until this thread, which I feel kind of bad about.