PDA

View Full Version : In a store...

kbshadow
05-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Heya folks! im new here and was wondering if this game has been fixed so as it is playable yet?? I heard alot of bad things about it last year but saw it had great potential.

Anyways, I saw the game in a local GAME near my house yesterday for 5 and would like to purchase.

Am i still wasting a fiver???

Thanks in advance!!

nuno77
05-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Heya folks! im new here and was wondering if this game has been fixed so as it is playable yet?? I heard alot of bad things about it last year but saw it had great potential.

Anyways, I saw the game in a local GAME near my house yesterday for 5 and would like to purchase.

Am i still wasting a fiver???

Thanks in advance!!

i have stronghold 3, payed 60 bucks for it... that was a waist and so was SOTS2 which i played once after i bought it (and again could say the same for most games released over the last 1-2 years). i payed 19.99 for this one, and gave another 19.99 as donation to the company, been playing every day for 2 weeks and have yet to feel like i waisted that money.

If you like games like castles, stronghold, and age of empires type combat mechanics then you will enjoy this game, its definately worth more than 5$ imho. They fixed most of the problems that i saw in beta, there is still poor pathfinding (meant to be fixed this week), and no meta game or alliances.

shalis

Konstantin Fomenko
05-07-2012, 10:47 AM
This is the same reply I gave in another post - we are releasing a lengthy gameplay video tomorrow that you might wanna check out - it shows all the additions and the new improved performance.
DoF did get some bad rep last year - and rightfully so, ex-publisher terribly rushed the game and so many things were broken or missing. But after 40 something patches, it`s becoming the game it was meant to be.

And yeah - if you are lucky to be from UK and have Game around you - it`s the best deal on DoF, all other stores still have it for 30$, but since Game filled for bankruptcy protection this year they are selling off all their stock.

Ghost
05-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I can testify that the game was just not finished at launch, but has improved quite a bit since then. The performance update was a huge help. There's still quite a few bugs left but the major ones have been fixed. Really the only major complaint I have left is the lack of PvP. Which will hopefully be solved by the game getting more players.

The combat mechanics of a siege in this game definitely make for very interesting combat. Even though you're often fighting on the same maps, the battles are rarely repetitive.