PDA

View Full Version : Patch # 1.2.4 - Better, Faster, Stronger - Part 2!

Konstantin Fomenko
04-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Dear Players - we are happy to release the second performance patch today, with one more on the way. This week we have finally gotten around to fixing some core components of the visual engine - greatly increasing overall performance and frame rate. For most of you the game should play much smoother now on most levels and with higher frame-rate - aiming for a perfect 30. Now we are putting finishing touches on the new pathfinding system as well as testing the new social features - and looks like everything`s on track for another major patch next week. And once again we invite you to share your feedback on performance changes in our forums.

Patch is Live

Patch # 1.2.4
:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
-Visual performance and frame rate improved by 30% to 40% depending on the level
-Overall performance for Army vs Army PvP, View Mode and Quests improved 15-20%
-Improved quality of shadows on high and medium settings

szebus
05-01-2012, 06:03 AM
The game really get faster and much smoother in battle... great work.

Konstantin Fomenko
05-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Glad its working... We are just getting started:):)

Kire
05-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Hello there =). Wow nice patch. In beta i was very lagging ingame, especialy when towns and armies became bigger, that it was unplayable - on lowest settings. So does these preformance patches mean there is a chance this game will run normally? =) (any trial or demo available yet to try/test it?)
Tho, i havent seen a game yet that would have so many and bigish updates in so little time=) (or i just live under the rock x.x).

Konstantin Fomenko
05-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Kire, sorry to say you just missed a live event with free CD keys:( all ran out now.

Unfortunately there is no free demo right now. If you decide to buy might wanna wait a week - we`ll have a sale event.

And yeah performance is way, way better now. For example, here`s some stats, one one recommended specs, and other on minimal specs.

Quad CPU, 4 GB Ram, 1024 MB ATI HD 6xx
Beta frames per second average on high/mid settings: 8/14
Current frames per second average on high/mid settings: 28/42

Dual CPU, 2 GM Ram, 512 MB ATI HD 4xx
Beta frames per second average on mid/low settings: 4/10
Current frames per second average on mid/low settings: 17/25

Ghost
05-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Performance is definitely improved. Great patch. Still noticing some hangups when moving large quantities of units at the same time, but overall much better.

Konstantin Fomenko
05-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Still noticing some hangups when moving large quantities of units at the same time
Yap - this is exactly what we are fixing next week:)

Silkjc
05-05-2012, 08:02 AM
This is excellent, excellent news! Thank you Reverie!

Once performance is good, and some sort of guild/kingdoms system in to give building castles and armies a...meaning...this game will be epic!

Partl
05-10-2012, 05:44 AM
Great work guys! I can finally run highGrafics without freezeFrame :) ... its like a whole new game to me.