PDA

View Full Version : Please sell this game on Steam!

chipset35
04-09-2012, 08:54 AM
I would have gifted it to at least one of my friends by now, and you know how the steam community is, they would buy this game big time and make you even more money!

Jarno Montonen
04-10-2012, 04:54 AM
We have been seriously looking into it! :)

chipset35
04-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Thats great! I am serious though....had this game been released on Steam from the get go you would have had 10 fold the amount of players as well as money.
I am sure you have your reasons though, but as a fan of this game and your company, I just want to see you all get credit where credit is due.
Its such a great game, and it pains me to see inferioir games get more attention.
All the best!

TheGreatest
04-10-2012, 12:51 PM
/facepalm
Every game in the world except EA and Blizzard games want to be on steam but they don't take in everything. Considering how broken the game was on launch do you really think steam would accept them? If the next patch does what it claims to do then they might have a chance though.

anacynh
04-10-2012, 09:12 PM
hey mate, there are plenty of games borderline unplayable on steam - compare this game to stronghold 3, DoF is way more stable, and playable.

knightl
04-11-2012, 05:44 AM
hey mate, there are plenty of games borderline unplayable on steam - compare this game to stronghold 3, DoF is way more stable, and playable.

this ^^

Stronghold 3 was put on steam because of expected sales they didn't give a monkeys behind about the quality

TheGreatest
04-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Yeah but they are usually singleplayer games and/or backed by a strong name or publisher. This is a first time indie mmo. There are plenty of good games that got denied by them and plenty of bad games that got accepted.
Personally I think it was a good thing that steam didn't accept them before because the complaints would be 10x worse and even when it gets better like now people wouldn't want to touch it just like Stronghold 3.

Konstantin Fomenko
04-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys!

And I completely agree with everything said - and sometime soon we will see game on Steam (unless they reject our applications), we been in touch with them for a while - but without backing of a major publisher, process takes up to 4 months.

However - as TheGreatest mentioned, it`s all about the timing - DoF needs more work - starting from the major performance and stability patch we are releasing in a week or so, to the full pathfinding rework, alliances and 6 player PvP.

We are not giving up on the game:) and just getting ready for have some major marketing and perhaps even a publishing partner in the picture this summer. Bottom line - once the game shines and gets some badly needed social content it`ll be ready for prime time, for now we are happy with our current community and the no-stress, no-pressure environment which allows us to take our time properly polishing and adding to DoF.

kalinin920
04-12-2012, 12:07 PM
I just love that you guys seem to care so much about your game. It's what's going to make it shine, in the end.

FractalFear
04-25-2012, 09:09 AM
I got this game on Gamestop Downloads(aka Impulse), which is the same as Steam, picked it up for I think 8$. If that didn't entice people to play, I dunno what will.

chanman20
04-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys!

And I completely agree with everything said - and sometime soon we will see game on Steam (unless they reject our applications), we been in touch with them for a while - but without backing of a major publisher, process takes up to 4 months.

However - as TheGreatest mentioned, it`s all about the timing - DoF needs more work - starting from the major performance and stability patch we are releasing in a week or so, to the full pathfinding rework, alliances and 6 player PvP.

We are not giving up on the game:) and just getting ready for have some major marketing and perhaps even a publishing partner in the picture this summer. Bottom line - once the game shines and gets some badly needed social content it`ll be ready for prime time, for now we are happy with our current community and the no-stress, no-pressure environment which allows us to take our time properly polishing and adding to DoF.

this right here ^_^