PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

iceblast
03-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Will we ever be able to get avatars?

id prefer my signature to be an avatar.

LiTos456
03-31-2009, 01:51 PM
its half a megabyte, not recommended to be used as an avatar...

Grizzlez
03-31-2009, 04:07 PM
But still, I prefer avatars. It's easiesr to remember people if you see their avatars than just their names.

nickson104
03-31-2009, 04:43 PM
But still, I prefer avatars. It's easiesr to remember people if you see their avatars than just their names.

Im getting images of anime avatars :) namely those at the forefront of my memory from gaiaonline...

Joseph Visscher
03-31-2009, 07:16 PM
For an official gaming forum to have avatars and thousands of pictures in signatures just seems unprofessional to me, I'm still working on getting all of it abolished for default members.

You must understand that we want as many viewers on these forums as possible, have you tried to come onto this forum with dial up? Almost impossible if you have to load avatar after avatar after signature.

If it was up to me there would be no signatures(text included), no avatars, only thing unique from member to member would be their name and the text content of their posts and threads. This is like this on so many other official forums.

The ultimate reason is also profanity outbreaks, do you want your young son or daughter on these forums seeing someones you know what on their avatar or signature?

-Thread Closed