PDA

View Full Version : Players DC = loose

aramsm
04-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Hi all,

Some ppl dont have honor...and dont know to admit defeat. Recentely I did some pvp when ppl logout to flee the defeat. That is killing all my fun. I was doing a match where my opponent was truly in advantage, but I was starting to winning (using strategy) and then he logged out.

I hardly suggest that when ppl do that we win the match automatically and, if its possible, the fugitive lost all his army as a punishment. If I cant win my crowns for doing pvp, because ppl logout or alt+F4 the game I dont know if I will keep playing or how could pvp be fun =S

That is really bad, but some ppl cant play fair unfourtunately.

Dreamwalker
04-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I know what you're talking about, it's happened to me before too. But remember, sometimes there's actually a problem with their connection, or the game crashes or whatever, so it's not always their fault.

A good idea might be to have the player still in the game get wealth when the other guy quits. It would be REALLY nice to have some way to separate actual connection issues from sore losers, but I don't know how that would work.

aramsm
04-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Yeah there are those situations like you mentioned, but usually most games dont care if was a intentional DC or caused by internet problems. Anyway, loosing an army indeed is a bit extreme to punish those who got DC because internet problems. But I could receive my crowns and it should count as a victory (for profile wins in the future) and also I should be teleported back to world/home map.

PS: again someone quit the match. Ive never finished a siege yet =/

Konstantin Fomenko
04-03-2012, 09:46 AM
This should happen much much rarer now. About a month ago we added a penalty for these who disconnect - it`s same penalty as if they surrendered. Unfortunately we can`t afford victory to the player who is left - as it`s bound to abuse.

aramsm
04-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Its rare to happen on army vs army, but on sieges it was 100% of the cases for me. I cant finish it because they quit as soon as they notice they will loose. I would say its broken since is pointless try to siege someone: he will probably quit just to not give his city or the victory to you. I think if player log off we should win or we could keep palying and his army would be controlled by AI or not controlled at all ... If that happens I doubt someone will quit.

But right now, well, I couldnt finish any siege that I have started. It has become a major issue for me :(

Konstantin Fomenko
04-05-2012, 01:53 PM
If they quit you should still get the reward - they simply surrender and pay you out as they don`t want to have their town burn to the ground:)

Konstantin Fomenko
04-05-2012, 01:54 PM
If they quit you should still get the reward - they simply surrender and pay you out as they don`t want to have their town burn to the ground:)

What I think we`ll do in the future - is allow you to finish burning his town even though that other player admitted his defeat and payed you out (so further units to his untis and buildings will not be recorded)

aramsm
04-05-2012, 04:11 PM

What I think we`ll do in the future - is allow you to finish burning his town even though that other player admitted his defeat and payed you out (so further units to his untis and buildings will not be recorded)

Yeah that would be awesome. But what is happening to me is that in the middle of the fight "a player has disconected" msg appear and then I stuck and have to log out; cant move my units neither go to world map without paying off. In addition I dont get any crown neither rewards, so I assume that I wasnt considered victorius. I dont know but that is what is happening to me in all siege fights.

Its not that they are surrendering but they are logging off or closing the game to avoid me win my rewards and burn their cities. Dont know if this is intended or a bug though.